ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Jack Kerouac (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-12-04 01:24 PM
FPM C10 Woulda been 82 today

All our best men are laughed at in this nightmare land.
Jack Kerouac
03-12-04 01:28 PM
nankerphelge That looks like the guy in the header!

Add a few years and some shades!!

You sure he's dead??
03-12-04 01:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Ultimate Fashion Statement. Blue jeans and a T-shirt. James Dean hosed Kerouac big time, but thats okay. At least he knew who to hose.
03-12-04 02:48 PM
Factory Girl Happy Birthday, Jacky.

FPM, is that a gerbil in your avatar?

03-12-04 03:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Happy Birthday, Jacky.

FPM, is that a gerbil in your avatar?

I believe the COMPLETE statement would be "Is that a gerbil in your avatar or are you just happy to see me?"

[Edited by FPM C10]
03-12-04 03:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Ultimate Fashion Statement. Blue jeans and a T-shirt. James Dean hosed Kerouac big time, but thats okay. At least he knew who to hose.

EVERYBODY hosed Jack, except for Jack hisself.
03-12-04 03:11 PM
Joey Jack Kerouac ?!?!

Jack Kerouac ?!?!

Oh , Yeah .............He was that friend of Bobby Kennedy's !

03-12-04 03:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Jack Kerouac ?!?!

Jack Kerouac ?!?!

Oh , Yeah .............He was that friend of Bobby Kennedy's !

Congratulations on your 7,142nd post!

I think you're thinking of GEORGE Kennedy.

[Edited by FPM C10]
03-12-04 03:36 PM
Joey

" Congratulations on your 7,142nd post!

I think you're thinking of GEORGE Kennedy. "

Bless You My C - 10 Brother !

I LOVE " HypnoMonkey " !!!!!!! I REALLY DO !!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards !!! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and The Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
03-12-04 03:40 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Congratulations on your 7,142nd post!

I think you're thinking of GEORGE Kennedy. "

Bless You My C - 10 Brother !

I LOVE " HypnoMonkey " !!!!!!! I REALLY DO !!!!!!!!!

Hypno Monkey loves YOU. In a dung-flinging sort of way.

03-12-04 03:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
EVERYBODY hosed Jack, except for Jack hisself.
[

Well. Neal Cassidy and Kesey admitted they hosed Keroac. In fact they were proud of it.
03-12-04 03:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Now that the subject is here. Even Keith the Pirate hosed Keroac and is a decendent of Kerouac. God bless him. But where did Keroac get it from???????
03-12-04 04:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well. Neal Cassidy and Kesey admitted they hosed Keroac. In fact they were proud of it.

Oh, wait a minute. I think I misunderstood what "hosed" means.

03-12-04 04:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Oh, wait a minute. I think I misunderstood what "hosed" means.

Not to worry, it's a process moves so slowly along the time grid that noone actually sees it.
03-12-04 04:27 PM
Joey

You guys are making my anus pucker .
03-12-04 04:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
You guys are making my anus pucker .

I'll bet that doesn't take much.
03-12-04 04:44 PM
Joey " I'll bet that doesn't take much. "

03-12-04 05:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I'll bet that doesn't take much. "

Don't act so shocked Joey. Just go get the grease.
03-12-04 05:21 PM
Joey " Don't act so shocked Joey. Just go get the grease. "

03-12-04 05:42 PM
gypsy Thanks, FPM. I love Kerouac's writing...and the fact that he was so handsome. Love the way his lower lip stuck out.
Have you read any of Jan Kerouac's work? It's very good...especially "Baby Driver." Also, Carolyn Cassady's "Off the Road" is a great read...I highly recommend it.
03-12-04 05:52 PM
Joey " Have you read any of Jan Kerouac's work? It's very good...especially "Baby Driver." Also, Carolyn Cassady's "Off the Road" is a great read...I highly recommend it. "

?

03-12-04 06:10 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, FPM. I love Kerouac's writing...and the fact that he was so handsome. Love the way his lower lip stuck out.
Have you read any of Jan Kerouac's work? It's very good...especially "Baby Driver." Also, Carolyn Cassady's "Off the Road" is a great read...I highly recommend it.

Thank you for the heads-ups - I haven't read either of those.

I love Kerouac's writing too, and the fact that he passed thru Harrisburg On The Road, and the fact that he hated it.

I hate that the booze hardened his brain and he ended up a right-wing crackpot who said:

"It is not my fault that certain so-called bohemian elements have found in my writings something to hang their peculiar beatnik theories on. "

[Edited by FPM C10]
03-12-04 06:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I hate that the booze hardened his brain and he ended up a right-wing crackpot who said:

"It is not my fault that certain so-called bohemian elements have found in my writings something to hang their peculiar beatnik theories on. "

So he didn't like beatnicks? How does that make him a "right wing crackpot".????
03-12-04 07:47 PM
gypsy FPM, Carolyn's book is REALLY good. I was sad when it ended...it's one of those that you really get into. You also get to know how Cassady and Kerouac REALLY were. Carolyn is one very intelligent woman...and once you read her book, you will know so much about Neal and Jack.
Jan's writing is like her father's...she lived a very wild life...she died very young (44, I think) from kidney failure...probably due to alcohol. She really wanted her father's approval and acceptance (he refused to acknowledge her as his daughter...and they only met twice...very sad). But you have to read it.
03-12-04 08:45 PM
mac_daddy Jack was one of the greats..!

thanks for remindng us all, fpm-c10...

Big Sur has always been my favorite (but then again, I am a West Coast guy)...

Visions of Cody, On the Road, Satori in Paris... I have read alot of his widely published stuff through the years, and the material has had a profound influence on me (same with Hesse and Emerson, two others who also immediately spring to mind, but that would be a topic for another thread)...

_____

now, I grew up using the term "hoser" as a synonym for a kook, and/or a tool. Thus "hosing" someone would be dicking them over in some way, or engaging in otherwise lame behavior. I am not aware of Neal or Kesey doing that to Jack (beyond the way they always behaved and interacted with eachother)...

if you mean "hose" as stealing a pose or copping(sp) a similar attitude then yes - of course that happened. Hell - Anita taught Keith to be cool, so in the same vein, sure James Dean affected Jack's mannerisms. Jack kind of defined cool...

but if you are insinuating something other than that, I would be curious to know what that is...

_____

who are those two guys with Kesey in front of the Further bus (or in front of one of its descendents)..?

_____

are you saying that Keith and Jack are distantly related in some way...?

_____

R.I.P. Jack

[Edited by mac_daddy]
03-12-04 09:35 PM
gypsy Great Jack pics, mac_daddy! God, he was a handsome man.
03-12-04 09:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]mac_daddy wrote:

if you mean "hose" as stealing a pose or copping(sp) a similar attitude then yes - of course that happened. Hell - Anita taught Keith to be cool, so in the same vein, sure James Dean affected Jack's mannerisms. Jack kind of defined cool...

but if you are insinuating something other than that, I would be curious to know what that is...

_____
R.I.P. Jack

In my mind its kind of like "borrowing" an idea.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
03-13-04 07:46 AM
nankerphelge Joey...the whole puckered anus thing...not that I am an expert or a proctologist or anything.

But every one I've ever seen IS puckered!!

Is your's normally smooth?
Have you mastered the art of sphinc loosening?

Never mind.
Sorry I asked.
03-13-04 07:54 AM
beer kerouac is probably my favorite writer of all time.
03-14-04 10:53 AM
Factory Girl I like F. Scott Fitzerald. "The Beautiful and the Damned" is especially glorious.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH