ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Waldorf-Astoria R&R HOF experience Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th March 2007 03:16 PM
Bitch OK I know you're all just dying to hear of my adventures, so I'll spill. I made reservations inside the Waldorf's restaurant to get me in the door. First off got stuck in an hours worth of traffic so we missed the dinner reservations. No big deal, by the time we got to The Waldorf there was a TV camera crew set up in the lobby to catch the incoming celebs. There was no security set up into the several hotel entrances, due to "business as usual" and most of the people there had no clue what was going on. So we saw some famous people such as Michael J. Fox, John McEnroe (big RS fan btw) a group from the Saturday Night Live cast, Paul Shaefer and his band, a bunch of bling-wearing Rap Stars like Jay-Z, Furious, Grand Master Flash, someone who I think was Art Garfunkel, someone from REM who I dont know his name (the cute one), Aretha and her entourage, and some other famous looking people who I recognised but couldn't name. Men wore expensive suits and formal wear for the ladies in attendance, TV execs and record industry insiders (saw Clive Davis and his "people"). The ceremony itself was in the Grand Ball Room so everyone going there had to take certain elevators, and my friend and I waited by the elevators looking for extra tickets. We spoke to the security crew, and the way it was set up inside the ballroom was round tables and chairs, so it wasn't like a theater where we could just slip by and take a seat in the dark. You had to know somebody. Anyway, there were tickets for sale with a price tag of $15,000.00!!! Yikes!! I could have greased my way in for a mere $3,000 but I don't have that much grease!!! So we pretended to have tickets and took the elevator up, stood outside of the entrance to the Ballroom where the "talent" entered. From there we saw more people in the orchestra and the bands entering with wardrobe and make-up people. We could hear the show, but it was muffled, so we stayed there thru Aretha's set and she sang loud so we heard her. Then we decided to hit the bar and order the Waldorf salads and hang around for the after party that we were hoping to get into. After a while we got tired of waiting (the "connection" was a bodyguard but he was a No Show!) so we went home because we both had to be at work at 9 am the next morning. So that's it! No KEEF, no big major stars but a night out in NY, and that's always fun. I love NY! Oh, outside the hotel were dozens of Rolls Royces, Limos, and black MB's, drivers waiting. Very impressive overall, top notch if you have the CONNECTIONS
14th March 2007 03:23 PM
Saint Sway that sucks. I cant believe they wouldnt let you slide in!

meanwhile...

somehow these fucktards got in and ruined the whole night!!

question:
WTF are they doing??
Is that the universal symbol for "I'm an ass clown" ??
14th March 2007 03:25 PM
gimmekeef Thanks for the report..wish things had gone better for you....good news though..at least Aretha didnt get her hands on your salad...course wonder when she last had one?...
14th March 2007 04:23 PM
pdog That's the universal sign for we suck twice as bad a Dio!
14th March 2007 04:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
That's the universal sign for we suck twice as bad a Dio!

^ Rock-n-Roll Nigger POSTIN!!
14th March 2007 04:26 PM
Lavendar thanks Bitch for the Review.
hey ya never know...
14th March 2007 04:34 PM
fireontheplatter a little sneek peek
14th March 2007 04:46 PM
Gazza Thanks for the review, Bitch!

What gets me is that none of the people who organise this back-slapping fest 'honouring' rock'n' roll sees (or cares)how..er..un-rock n roll it is to ask people to pay a five figure sum to get a ticket.
14th March 2007 04:49 PM
glencar There's a "cute one" in REM???
14th March 2007 05:02 PM
Martha $15,000? I'm floored. I've never even made 15,000 in a year's time in all my life. Amazing.
14th March 2007 05:03 PM
glencar I'm sure it was much better on TV anyway. At least then you could get a beer when Jann Wenner went into hypberbole overdrive.
14th March 2007 05:06 PM
Gazza Colonic irrigation would be a more pleasant alternative than listening to Wenner droning on
14th March 2007 05:08 PM
glencar He really was stultifying boring. And he had such a great topic to go on about too! He's another Algore.
14th March 2007 05:08 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Colonic irrigation would be a more pleasant alternative than listening to Wenner droning on

You've done both?
14th March 2007 05:28 PM
Bitch Well it was worth a shot! I saw some celebs, had a few laughs, and it was fun night out for a Monday! I had no idea of the seating arrangements or the outrageous ticket prices!

Plus, and there was the a chance of getting into the after-party where KEEF supposedly was invited to (wishful thinking, and possible bullshit from a guy I met in AC). If I would have stayed home, there would of been no chance at all!
14th March 2007 05:30 PM
pdog
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Well it was worth a shot! I saw some celebs, had a few laughs, and it was fun night out for a Monday! I had no idea of the seating arrangements or the outrageous ticket prices!

Plus, and there was the a chance of getting into the after-party where KEEF supposedly was invited to (wishful thinking, and possible bullshit from a guy I met in AC). If I would have stayed home, there would of been no chance at all!

I would've done the same thing you did, if I had the time and was close by... Why not?
14th March 2007 06:15 PM
glencar pdog, let's exchange that BBC show for the hOF show!
14th March 2007 07:35 PM
LadyJane I'm proud of ya, Bitch!
You gave it a shot.

Sounds like a fun evening.

Too bad jb wasn't around to help ya "grease" your way in.

LJ.
14th March 2007 07:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

You've done both?

Sometimes at the same time.

er..no. The emphasis is on "would be" not "is"....
14th March 2007 08:22 PM
parmeda Yo, Bitch!
(...god, I love saying that!)

You represented!
..and that's as good as having a foot in the door in my book

Your effort has been duly noted.
15th March 2007 01:50 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
He really was stultifying boring. And he had such a great topic to go on about too! He's another Algore.

Howe about the "Double Dubyas"?
15th March 2007 03:38 AM
FotiniD Oh Bitch, I was reading your review like crazy hoping you had your Keith encounter That's alright though, it's great that you had fun and I'm sure you felt the buzz

Thanks for the review!
15th March 2007 10:00 AM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

From Blabbermouth.net:
"I totally encourage the thing with Dave," Hagar said. "If VAN HALEN has any move they should do for the fans right now, it's to do a reunion with Dave." ...
"If we all grew up, including me, maybe all of us could do it together," Hagar said of future VAN HALEN touring. "I'm down with that."

A Van Halen tour with Roth AND Hagar?!!?!?!! Hagar may have the best attitude of the whole bunch of them.

I think that that is the equivalent of Ron Wood saying he'd want Mick Taylor to play some slide guitar on stage with him and the Stones this year.
15th March 2007 10:05 AM
jb You were lucky not to get in...it appears by all counts to have sucked...
15th March 2007 11:53 AM
GotToRollMe Hey Bitch! Sorry you didn't run into Keith, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway. Wish I could've been there with ya, but it just wasn't in the cards. I salute you for your tenacity!
15th March 2007 12:01 PM
jb I see by the photos that Keith is using a lot of filler/hair additions ....has he effectively covered the bald crown area? Some shows he had good coverage, others he did not cover the crown area, and the baldness was very evident....sad to see this ...
15th March 2007 12:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I see by the photos that Keith is using a lot of filler/hair additions ....has he effectively covered the bald crown area? Some shows he had good coverage, others he did not cover the crown area, and the baldness was very evident....sad to see this ...

Ronnie wears a rug!!!!
15th March 2007 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Ronnie wears a rug!!!!

No..I met Ronnie and he absolutely does not have a rug...I saw his scalp in the back and I can assure you , that while he dyes his hair, it's all his...lucky guy to have such grat hair at 58.
15th March 2007 12:28 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:
I see by the photos that Keith is using a lot of filler/hair additions ....has he effectively covered the bald crown area? Some shows he had good coverage, others he did not cover the crown area, and the baldness was very evident....sad to see this ...

It doesn't bother me that Keith is balding...hey, that's the way it is. I love him just the same. Alas, jb, not all men are blessed with a full, luxurious mane such as yours.
15th March 2007 12:31 PM
egon
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

is that a mullet i see on the left?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)