ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood album question Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-04 10:51 AM
Some Guy I need some new tunes. Isn't there a Ron Wood disc that is relatively new, the last year or so? I like one of his albums, I have the cassette somewhere. Should I get it?
03-11-04 10:51 AM
jb He released a hideous album shortly before the Licks Tour....Ninea abs shae Monkey...
03-11-04 10:56 AM
Some Guy That must be the one. You say it sux?
03-11-04 11:04 AM
jb Yes....it sucks.....Nine abs shae monkey
03-11-04 11:35 AM
Jumacfly Hi there!! i ve seen a miss you version with ronnie and jamiroquai on soulseek..i m trying to download but that s very long
03-11-04 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Hi there!! i ve seen a miss you version with ronnie and jamiroquai on soulseek..i m trying to download but that s very long

Tre shiek
03-11-04 12:00 PM
Joey

Some nights I still sleep on the beach ..........................................and you ?!?!?!?!

Sleepy !
03-11-04 12:18 PM
erikjjf If you like Ronnie's solo albums, you should get it.
It's called "Not For Beginners" and was released in 2001.
I like it, I don't think "it sux"!

/Erik
03-11-04 01:02 PM
Saint Sway Not For Begginers is a fairly good record. Definately worth checking out. Especially the duet with Stereophincs Kelly Jones on "What da ya Think"

some nice acoustic slide work by Ronnie thru out the record

my main beef with Not For Beginners was that Woody had Bob Dylan guest on the record - but didnt have him sing or write any songs!!!!!!! Instead he just had Bob play acoustic guitar. I swear - only fucking Woody would get Dylan to play on his record and not have him sing or write a fucking lyric!! This is why Ronnie needs to lay off the Guinness. Surprised he didnt bring in his buddy Slash in to play the tamborine!
03-11-04 01:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I think that's why Bob did it. Not enough people appreciate that he plays guitar pretty decently *and* really has a soft spot for instrumentals. (He's always wanted to make an instrumental album, but never got around to it, I heard once.)

The album's pretty good, I think. It doesn't deserve the slagging the press gave it. It's certainly no Talk Is Cheap, but it's not that awful Slide On This either. It's Ronnie being Ronnie, and that's not bad unless you happen to really hate the guy or haven't heard the album but like trash-talking Ronnie in the misguided hope that I'll get mad at you. His voice is totally shot, and it's obvious the backing band is really leading him through the songs, but he makes up for it with a couple of really nice ones like "Heart, Soul & Body", "Whaddya Think" (the only worthwhile thing Kelley Jones has done in ages) and "Real Hard Rocker" - and who knew, he plays a pretty mean harp too.

-tSYX --- Heart, soul and body 'till the end...
03-11-04 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I think that's why Bob did it. Not enough people appreciate that he plays guitar pretty decently *and* really has a soft spot for instrumentals. (He's always wanted to make an instrumental album, but never got around to it, I heard once.)

The album's pretty good, I think. It doesn't deserve the slagging the press gave it. It's certainly no Talk Is Cheap, but it's not that awful Slide On This either. It's Ronnie being Ronnie, and that's not bad unless you happen to really hate the guy or haven't heard the album but like trash-talking Ronnie in the misguided hope that I'll get mad at you. His voice is totally shot, and it's obvious the backing band is really leading him through the songs, but he makes up for it with a couple of really nice ones like "Heart, Soul & Body", "Whaddya Think" (the only worthwhile thing Kelley Jones has done in ages) and "Real Hard Rocker" - and who knew, he plays a pretty mean harp too.

-tSYX --- Heart, soul and body 'till the end...

03-11-04 02:39 PM
Joey In guerilla warfare we have a concept called low intensity conflict. It is as valid today as it was 35 years ago; in fact, three thousand years ago. Simply put, it dictates that the object of the protracted conflict is not to win, it is merely NOT to lose. It is linked to the concept of not being where expected, catching an enemy by surprise, harassing at every opportunity, going dormant for periods of time to lull the enemy into vulnerable complacency and wearing down the morale and forcing the enemy to apply more and more resources over longer supply lines for years at a time to bankrupt the opposition on all levels. It is, in it's simplest form, the drip… drip… drip… of fluid abrasion.

Thank You All For Your Time !

Oh , " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Joey Cong !
03-11-04 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
In guerilla warfare we have a concept called low intensity conflict. It is as valid today as it was 35 years ago; in fact, three thousand years ago. Simply put, it dictates that the object of the protracted conflict is not to win, it is merely NOT to lose. It is linked to the concept of not being where expected, catching an enemy by surprise, harassing at every opportunity, going dormant for periods of time to lull the enemy into vulnerable complacency and wearing down the morale and forcing the enemy to apply more and more resources over longer supply lines for years at a time to bankrupt the opposition on all levels. It is, in it's simplest form, the drip… drip… drip… of fluid abrasion.

Thank You All For Your Time !

Where's Tony?

Oh , " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Joey Cong !

03-11-04 02:44 PM
Some Guy I'm off to purchase it, thanks. I'll get back with a buzzed review.
03-11-04 02:45 PM
Joey " Where's Tony? "

Tony Santos was run off this Board by Cardinal Fang whilst SS just sat there , watched , let it happen and didn't do a Damn Thing About it !!!!!! ------ Hell , Stoney acts like he doesn't care if his Baby Steelie EVER comes back to the board again .

Can You believe that Josh ?!?!?! , His own C- 10 Brother ( Part of the Brotherhood ) and SS doesn't give a damn .

I don't know !!!!! I JUST DON'T KNOW anymore ..........

" Where is that Sharp Knife Ronnie ? "

Jazzy !

[ He just doesn't Care Editing ]

[Edited by Joey]
03-11-04 02:58 PM
jb The J10 shall prevail.
03-11-04 03:01 PM
Joey " The J10 shall prevail. "

I just hope and pray that Tony Santos finds it in his Heart to forgive all those who have sinned against him .

" The Passion of the Steelie "

Joey Gibson !
03-11-04 03:09 PM
jb The Jewish 10:Proud Blue!!!
03-11-04 03:11 PM
Joey " The Jewish 10:Proud Blue!!! "

I Bleed Royale Blue ..........................and you ?!?!

" Silly Question Ronnie ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca !
03-11-04 03:13 PM
jb Is SS Jewish?
03-11-04 03:24 PM
Joey " Is SS Jewish? "

No , but he is very serious ( something to do with the water ) .

Joey ( Never Serious )
03-11-04 03:56 PM
Some Guy The constant flashing is so distracting that it makes it hard to truly enjoy your posts.
03-11-04 07:48 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
He released a hideous album shortly before the Licks Tour....Ninea abs shae Monkey...

jb if you don't tell me what that means soon i shall become obssessed with it - please what are you talking about??
03-11-04 07:51 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Joey wrote:
In guerilla warfare we have a concept called low intensity conflict. It is as valid today as it was 35 years ago; in fact, three thousand years ago. Simply put, it dictates that the object of the protracted conflict is not to win, it is merely NOT to lose.

thanks joefly - i always thought that was Vince Lombardi's brainchild
03-11-04 08:15 PM
nankerphelge I like Ronnie's Gimme Some Neck

And did y'all see that Mel Gibson has made like over 200 Mill on his flick!

Cool!

And he wants to make more Biblical epics!!
03-11-04 08:25 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

And did y'all see that Mel Gibson has made like over 200 Mill on his flick!

Cool!

And he wants to make more Biblical epics!!

given the graphic nature of his latest effort the mind boggles at what he'd do with "The Fall of Sodom and Gomorrah" particulary considering the comment of Christopher Hitchens re anal sex quoted by jb in the John Voigt thread - yikes!!
03-11-04 08:26 PM
Some Guy I still didn't get it yet... too buzzed.
03-11-04 08:47 PM
LadyJane
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

given the graphic nature of his latest effort the mind boggles at what he'd do with "The Fall of Sodom and Gomorrah" particulary considering the comment of Christopher Hitchens re anal sex quoted by jb in the John Voigt thread - yikes!!

Pardon the horrible pun...but I think Mel's getting a bum rap.

He was everybody's favorite..and suddenly he's this monster?

He put his own $$ behind a movie he believed in. It's a blockbuster. If you don't want to see it, don't buy a ticket.

LJ.
03-11-04 09:42 PM
stonedinaustralia hey LJ - i'm afraid i've never been much of fan - and i may well see the movie (particularly as gibson isn't actually in it)just to make up my own mind on the thing - i'll wait for the video release of course - i mean, it's not like it's "the pirates of the carribean" or something equally "must see"

M
03-11-04 11:08 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I like Ronnie's Gimme Some Neck

I agree. I saw The New Barbarians play some of the songs from Gimme Some Neck at the Keith Richards Benefit show for the blind. I haven't listened to that album for a while but I always enjoyed FUC Her:

Just 'cause her father's a vicar who is full of pulpit
There's no one sicker
Spells S - H one T

I wonder what Mel would have to say about Ronnie's take on religiousi-ousity?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH