ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood album question Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-12-04 12:10 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

I agree. I saw The New Barbarians play some of the songs from Gimme Some Neck at the Keith Richards Benefit show for the blind. I haven't listened to that album for a while but I always enjoyed FUC Her:

Just 'cause her father's a vicar who is full of pulpit
There's no one sicker
Spells S - H one T

I wonder what Mel would have to say about Ronnie's take on religiousi-ousity?

He'd make a movie where Ronnie gets repeatedly beaten and eventually crucified, devoting minimal time to who the hell Ronnie actually was and how good the bands he was in were.

I have that "F.U.C. Her" as a nice bootleg MP3 I found buzzing around KazaaLite. Pretty fantastic. Hard to believe, though, that in the space of five years Ronnie's voice went from "Ooh La La" to that. Cocaine's a terrible drug...

-tSYX --- I'm Ron Wood, bitch! *slap* (American joke - unless you non-US folks got to see that miraculous show as well)
03-12-04 12:35 AM
MidnightRambler Not For Beginners is great. It literally sounds homemade and it has wonderful ballads that is straight from inside Ronnie. He knows how to write such wonderful melodic peices. "Be Beautiful" is a great slow one and "Hard Rocker" is exactly that--a great rocker.
03-12-04 02:51 AM
Jumacfly i agree about Ronnie last record...good one......
I disagree with our RO dumb and dumber: Joey and JB
03-12-04 09:28 AM
Some Guy I've been to 2 stores and can't find it. Whats up wit dat?
03-12-04 10:11 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
i agree about Ronnie last record...good one......
I disagree with our RO dumb and dumber: Joey and JB

You have changed.
03-12-04 10:27 AM
Jumacfly I haven t Jb, I just think some of your posts are boring...
the jews list never made me laugh, the anti french campaign and the war in Irak too, and please tell Joey MT wil never be back ....
anyway i got nothing against no one here, if i don t agree i dont reply, period.

Ju

ps: im not often serious, so take note...
03-12-04 10:33 AM
MidnightRambler Some Guy...you may have to try an online import CD store rather than a store--I highly doubt you're going to find it at a big branch store. A private store MAY have it. Keep looking!
03-12-04 10:39 AM
nankerphelge You can get some of his music from his website

www.ronniewood.org
03-13-04 05:58 PM
Busch1 I recently bought "I've Got My Own Album To Do," which I believe was Ronnie's first solo album. Very good, if not great. Almost like a mix between a Stones and Faces album, probably no coincidence since it is mostly Stones and Faces playing on the album. I absolutely love I Can Feel The Fire, Sure The One You Need and Mistifies Me. There are a couple clunkers, but a good effort nonetheless.
By the way, does anyone know why Mick didn't get a credit for vocals on I Can Feel The Fire. Keith is identified on the songs on which he plays.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH