ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No contest this time....just free stuff. Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-03 01:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's what you could get....

We Love You, A Cover Song Tribute To The Rolling Stones

Here's the track list:

1. Fortune Teller--The Who, Amsterdam, 9/29/69
2. Wild Horses--The Flying Burrito Brothers, Winona MN, 5/?/70
3. Rip This Joint--Candy Snatchers, LA, 11/2/96
4. Brown Sugar--Bob Dylan, Red Bluff CA, 10/7/02
5. As Tears Go By--Johnny Thunders, Japan, 4/3/81
6. Jumping Jack Flash--Johnny Winter, Denver, 1980
7. Before They Make Me Run--Steve Earle, Lancashire UK, 5/25/00
8. Satisfaction--Devo, LA, 1/21/99
9. Can't You Hear Me Knocking--The Black Crowes,10/20/01
10. Get Off Of My Cloud--Cheap Trick, Unknown Soundcheck
11. Street Fighting Man--Bruce Springsteen, Alpine Valley WI, 6/?/84
12. Time Is On My Side--Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, San Fran 2/7/97
13. Torn & Frayed--The Black Crowes, Las Vegas, 12/15/96
14. Start Me Up--Blondie, Minneapolis, 8/7/82
15. Sweet Virginia--From "The Las Hardcore Troubador"
16. Satisfaction--PJ Harvey, Santa Monica CA, 9/25/93
17. Honky Tonk Women--Alice Cooper, Phoenix AZ, 12/31/99
18. Around & Around--Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers,
San Fran 2/7/97

The quality on this ranges from awesome soundboard to average audience. Because this is a compilation of many different sources, there are track gaps. I even did some fancy-schmancy artwork for it. This is not a professional bootleg, but it is a really fun listen.

So...here's the deal.

The first 3 people who Private Message me, and agree to pass this along to 3 other Rocks Off members...will get this set from me.

Gerardo, Jaxx & Gazza need not apply...you guys get a copy for having this forum....and I'll need one of you to scan and post the artwork.

Also, the first burnerless person to Private Message me will also get this set. The 3 people who will pass this along will also be required to send a set out to a burnerless member.

Follow my instructions. Do not post your request in this thread, use the Private Message tool at the top of the page. I will be posting the names of the winners here. If you get picked to reweed, and you fail to follow through with your obligations, I will do everything in my power to get you banned from the board, and failing that, I will haunt your every post. In short, I will make your cyberworld a living hell. So, DO NOT respond if you can't make 4 copies of this disc.

This is a weed...there is no trading involved. You just promise to share what you get...for free.

Ready...

Set...

GO!!!!!
03-11-03 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have room for 1 more Reweeder...oh what the hell...I'll take 3 more.

I have my burnerless soul. The rest of you poor burnerless bastards will have to wait for the next round of reweeds.

Remember, use the Private Message tool at the top of the page. Don't e me...pm me!
03-11-03 04:59 PM
Gazza SS

just for your records - Bruce played Alpine Valley on 12 and 13th July 1984. The second show is the better quality and more frequently bootlegged one so I presume thats the one your version of "Street fighting man" comes from

nice of you to offer a copy - much appreciated.

Sounds great!
[Edited by Gazza]
03-11-03 04:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Just did. Am I a winner??
03-11-03 07:57 PM
Fiji Joe I'm sure the quota has been met...but I would like to be one of those who passes it on so someone PM me
03-11-03 08:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, here's the Rock Off'ers who will be offering this back to the board...I took 6 plus a poor burnerless soul. He's Canadian. You'd think that Canada would have some sort of gov't program that makes sure all their citizens have a burner.

So look for Nasty Habits, Stonesprofessor, Martha, Voodoopug, Strange Stray Cat, and Lady Jane to offer this back to the board. All you have to do, is after you get the disc, put up a post offering the disc to 3 members + 1 burnerless member. Eventually, everyone who wants a copy will end up with a copy.

I'll try to get the discs out this week.
03-11-03 09:11 PM
steel driving hammer "You'd think that Canada would have some sort of gov't program that makes sure all their citizens have a burner."

You got to admit, that was good.

No offense to Canadians but that was funny!

I missed out on the 1st come 1st serve but I have a respected name in bootleg trading.
I'd be happy to send blanks wherever and whenever.

For you see, the Stones are my 2nd life.
1st is just breathing.

Each time that I draw a breath it seems I'm riffing away.

03-11-03 09:20 PM
Fiji Joe I thought it was funny SDH...stop apologizing...They "hate us bastards"
03-11-03 09:22 PM
Stonesprofessor SDH..contact me via the PM,and Ill put you at the top of my list....
03-11-03 09:25 PM
Martha
Sir Stonesy, you sure know how to keep a person going when the Stones aren't touring the States...my energy just went up a good 50% over this post thank you!

03-11-03 10:13 PM
gypsy The CD was not free last time, SS. And my jaw is still hurting.
03-11-03 10:23 PM
parmeda Martha, isn't he just the greatest...
I would bet that he dreams of this kind of stuff at night!

But, I got on here late and missed the excitement...somebody throw me on their list........pretty please
03-11-03 10:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, well your name ain't on the list Gypsy....but don't worry, your jaw is safe. Can't say the same for your butt though...
03-11-03 11:16 PM
Martha You're on mine Parmeda...PM me.
03-11-03 11:16 PM
gypsy Damn, I asked you not to tell. So, does that make me a C10A?
03-12-03 03:32 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat SS: just mailed you mine address.
03-12-03 05:52 AM
LadyJane I'm ready to burn, baby!!

SS--you have a PM!!

Thanks!

LadyJ.
03-12-03 07:24 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You'd think that Canada would have some sort of gov't program that makes sure all their citizens have a burner.

Lol...fuckin' right! I, however, am not an immigrant; I have a job, mortgage and kids. I'm sure I wouldn't qualify anyway!! We pay enough God-damned taxes we should get $100 of free postage a year, too.
03-12-03 08:39 AM
Madafaka How can I get a copy of that?
Remember the people who lives in the south of the world! Jajaja.
Cheers!
03-12-03 08:59 AM
scope Anybody got room for 1 more on their list? Please!
03-12-03 09:18 AM
LadyJane I don't know about the others, but I'm playing by SS rules. Once I have the disc burned I'll put up an e-mail and the first 4 members to PM me will get the disc. Those will then pass on to others, and so on.

So don't worry. If we all do our part, everyone who wants a copy will get one!!

LadyJ.
03-12-03 11:29 AM
Martha
PM me scope
03-12-03 11:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You rule Sir! I will be willing to scan or even make the art cover and post it for all, incuding the CD sticker
03-12-03 12:26 PM
L&A About "Cover Song Tribute To The Rolling Stones", do someone know "Les Rolling Bidochons", outside France or Belgium ?
03-12-03 01:08 PM
Factory Girl testing
03-12-03 02:16 PM
Joey " Yeah, well your name ain't on the list Gypsy....but don't worry, your jaw is safe. Can't say the same for your butt though... "

You make Joey giggle !
03-12-03 02:28 PM
Martha Fiji, check your PM.

Joey, I got you covered darlin'....of course this is yet another vain attempt to steal your attention away from Gypsy.

Sigh................
03-12-03 08:17 PM
Joey Martha ...................

I would like to nuzzle you !

Joey !
03-12-03 09:04 PM
Stonesprofessor For all those who have Fellowes/MediaFace II, i am currently working on CD sticker art...if someone could tell me how to post it!
03-12-03 09:06 PM
Stonesprofessor Also I will be offering as per the rules as soon as I receive my disc!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST