ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No contest this time....just free stuff. Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-12-03 10:21 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:
Martha ...................

I would like to nuzzle you !

Joey !

Finally!!!!! I made it to the nuzzle stage!

Joey, I simply adore you...xxxooooxxxxxoooooxxxxxoooo

03-13-03 08:59 AM
Stonesprofessor PLEASE do not PM me UNTIL I actually have the discs! This will make it easier for everyone-if this works properly,and with everyone being civilized about it,EVERYONE who wants one will get a copy..and if everyone who receives the discs offers right away,it wont take THAT long! Right,SSL? Thanks everyone! Lou
03-13-03 09:02 AM
Stonesprofessor Also,anyone who wants Label Art [Fellowes/MediaFaceII], just PM with your email addy,and Ill send it as a rather large file.... Lou
03-13-03 10:12 AM
voodoopug i will offer mine up too as soon as i receive the disc
03-13-03 12:19 PM
sirfito How can I get a copy, please?
Best,
Fito
03-13-03 02:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot I guess you can all do your own artwork if you like....but I did some REALLY cool artwork for it already. I mailed it out to Gazza yesterday, and I'll mail it out to Gerardo(If I can find his address) this afternoon. Gerardo will post the artwork here for everyone to download.

You people act like starving wolves! LOL!

Look, I have 6 people who will be reweeding this disc here, hopefully sometime next week. That means that next week 24 copies of this will be available. And a week or so after that...about 96 copies will be available.

So chill out, you will all get a copy if you want one. Just watch the Rocks Off message board for the reweed offers. It is that simple.

Those of you who are starting "lists" are doing it wrong. That undermines the entire concept of a weed. The way this works is that those who have been chosen to reweed must offer up this disc back to the board. If you start a "list" now, or, in essence, start picking your reweeders in advance, you are locking people out. Even if you offer it back to the board, and take extra people...you are denying the people that you send discs to, the opportunity to pass the disc on to others. Play the game, and play fairly. If someone is too lazy to take the time to check in here and take advantage of the reweed offers...then that is their problem.

I am trying to accomplish a few different things with this weed.

1. Share music with many people, in a short period of time.
2. Increase traffic at Rocks Off with interest generated in reweed offers.
3. Get Rocks Off members, who would not normally interact, to start a dialogue with each other.
4. To show other fans that there is an easy way of sharing their music collection with everyone without going through the hassle of running a tree.

If you people start making "lists", you undercut many of those objectives. Please, just do as I ask. No more, no less. OK? Please? Just offer the disc back to the board, take the first three people who promise to pass it on, and one person who is burnerless. Announce who will be reweeding for you, send out your discs...and let the reweeders fulfill the promise that they made to you.

Trust me, weeds spread like wild fire.
03-13-03 02:34 PM
jb Did I win Sirstonesalot?
03-13-03 03:28 PM
Martha Sorry that I jumped the gun SS..I got carried away with enthusiasm.

You have a way of inspiring me to do so!

hugs and kisses,
Martha
03-13-03 09:08 PM
Joey Martha.....................

I would like to caress your kneecaps .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJA JJJJJJJJJJO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAC JJJJJOE JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACK JJJOEY JJJJJJJJACIMBO !

Bunny

03-13-03 10:12 PM
Martha Dear Joey....Can you throw in a foot rub too.....! I just gave myaself a pedicure and could really use a rub down...puuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

And...to make my amends to you SIr Stonesalot I will do as you asked and put up a thread when I receive my discs from you and take on the three plus one burnless Rocks Offer's.

I really want to encourage new people to come out and all the rest that you are wanting this weed to bring forth. I hadn't thought any of that through, so thanks for posting your intentions. I greatly appreciate how much you do for the board.

You are wiser and much more experienced than I.
I remain a willing and humble newcomer to this process.

Parmeda, Scope and Joey I will still cover you as I promised so no need to sign up again. Fiji same goes for you if you decide to PM me.

Again, sorry for jumping the gun. Obviously, I am in need of venting my pent-up energy at a Stones concert!

I'm a hungry pack of wolves all rolled into one Martha!
03-14-03 12:08 AM
parmeda (psst....Martha! I got your back, girl...)

SS...you know how us women are. *batting my big brown eyes*
Especially if we see a bargain! Whoa! There's no stoppin' us! Our cars are on auto pilot when we pass a mall.... God forbid we see the sign "SALE" anywhere... Our hearts skip a beat at the mere sound of the word "FREE"... And one of my all time favorites, "The Day After Thanksgiving" (let's not go there, I sharpen the claws on THAT day )...
So yeah, I'm just as guilty I suppose to jumping the gun at your wonderful, generous, big-hearted, can't-wait-to-share offer. I can't help it, I'm a woman!

Be gentle...

(Martha, how'd I do?)
03-14-03 12:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot I hope I didn't offend anyone...and I didn't really want to point fingers.

It's just after the last debacle that I had to deal with when I wanted to give away free stuff.....well, I hope you understand.

If everyone sees how well this weed works...maybe some other generous souls here would be willing to do the same thing.

If all goes according to plan, all the discs will be in the mail by Sat.

Have fun with this people. Enjoy sharing with each other. Enjoy the music. And for God sake....stay away from that damn Aerosmith/Kiss tour this summer. Schlock rock is dangerous to your health.
03-14-03 12:20 PM
Martha Parmeda, you did us proud!! Said like a truly hungry wolf in need of that rock and roll medicine.

It's a wonder I haven't fallen into a coma from lack of live music ( I think two and a half months is my limit) and if I do the only thing that will bring me round is a live Stones concert...(message to self: perhaps this strategy WILL work???)! YES!

What...no Aerosmithfest, SS...what the fuck????
I need a shot of Rock Schlock while I wait in suspense for the Stones to come back to the USA!!!!!!!!! Isn't that like getting a methadone treatment ...sorta???

I won't make it without some live jams...even though I cannot deal with KISS...I can rock my ass off to Aerosmith. I'll just go to the bathroom and wander around while Kiss pukes (blood) all over the stage. It's one of my rock and roll treatment plans...LOL!

Anyway, who the hell else is coming out to tour/rock this summer...shit....I may be in big trouble.

Help me Ronnie, Help me Ronnie.....repeat.
03-14-03 04:33 PM
Stonesprofessor Martha..there are other ways of releiving pent up energy.....LOL
03-14-03 04:44 PM
Nellcote SS-I am inviting you to take in Aerosmith/Kiss, to "show you the way". Summer of '99, I sat fourth row for Aerosmith, with my huge Tounge shirt on, kept pointing to it, got the Tyler's attention, he gave the thumbs up!
So, get off your schtick about Aerosmith, come see the other side....

BTW, I've not found Rebel Yell in four stores here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Sunday, I will travel to the summer home of Aerosmith during their early years,
Nah Hampsha, searching, looking there. If I strike out, you will get a reasonable facsimile thereof....
03-14-03 05:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If all goes according to plan, all the discs will be in the mail by Sat.

Cool! I will offer them once I get them!!
03-14-03 06:12 PM
Martha
quote:
Stonesprofessor wrote:
Martha..there are other ways of releiving pent up energy.....LOL

Well, that may be true, but nothing really compares to a live concert .....of all the other stress relievers I can think of that is...LOL

Besides what else lasts that long AND relieves so much pent-up stress (my stress is gone for 2 weeks at least after a kick ass live show...... but I get down the fuck into it Ronnie!) Hell yeah! LOL

Bring on a hot sweaty Aerosmithfest to get me through while I wait for the Stones to come back in late 2003!!!!

Aerosmith LOVES the Stones!

The way it is and ought to be!

Stones IS Stones.........!

Besides, who the hell else is touring this year???????

03-14-03 06:17 PM
parmeda I'm holding out for AC/DC my friends.
I can feel it coming.
Wayyyyyyyy down deep...I feel it coming soon!
03-14-03 07:40 PM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I'm holding out for AC/DC my friends.
I can feel it coming.
Wayyyyyyyy down deep...I feel it coming soon!

Parmeda, I hear they will go out late summer early fall or spring of next year all dependent on how long it takes them to get their next album cut. Got that info from a friend who follows AC/DC heavily and has met the band on several occasions, so I suppose she has the scoop.

The most important question I have about that tour is this:

Will Angus wear a wig now that he's cut his locks off???????????

As long as he plays that guitar and runs all over the goddam stage he can be hairless for all I care. LOL!
03-14-03 08:12 PM
JumpinJackFlash yeah, if someone could throw me in there that would be great, i'm another one of those Canadian bastard's, but i've got a fancy burner, i'd be happy to take care of acouple other canadian's as well. [email protected]
03-15-03 01:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot I would rather be castrated by a chipper/shredder(yeah, I'm hung like that)than go to a Aerosmith concert. In fact, I would not go see them if they were playing in my bathroom....and I had to crap really bad. I would not go see them even if someone else was buying. Even if they were opening for the Stones...I wouldn't go in till they were GONE from the stage.

I don't care how great they think the Stones are, it doesn't change the fact that THEY SUCK LIKE A 6.5h.p. SHOPVAC!!! Kiss worships at the alter of the Stones too, yet THEY SUCK LIKE AN 8h.p. SHOPVAC!!! Just because they like the Stones doesn't mean that I have to like them for it. Shitty music is shitty music, no matter WHAT it is inspired by.

Martha...you need to find yourself a cool local band. There will be plenty of GOOD live bands playing this summer, please...don't resort to Aerochump. They are just so incredibly CHEESEY and PEDESTRIAN. It seems to me that you are trying to substitute Cheesesteak Hot Pockets for Porterhouse Steak & Maine Lobster Tail.

Nelly...If no RY...something Irish will do. Oh, and you have about the same chance of converting me to Aerosmith as you would in converting me over to the Pats.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
03-15-03 06:02 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
..have about the same chance of converting me to Aerosmith as you would in converting me over to the Pats.

You don't mean the SuperBowl Championship, RingBearing, Stupendous, Kick-ASS, Hall OF Greatness, MegaTuff, New Englands Gift to The Planet Patriots do you.?

Didn't think so
03-15-03 07:14 AM
Nellcote Oh Great One Of Armor.....

Ye needest to be more humble when speaketh of the
Super Bowl (tm) Champion Patriots......

After all, name another team that won a Super Bowl (tm)
in a more heroic fashion. If y'all had beaten the Rams that
year, well then we could have whopped yo ass that year too.
But, alas, it was not to be...

I would not dare to tread on your Eagles, in their shiny new
stadium, however, please understand, them birds need to
come to the higher air of a champion...

It's RY and Aerosmith. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Why don't you come to the Aero/Kiss fest, claim yo RY?
We can go to their restaraunt in Norwell, Mount Blue, www.mountblue.com, chow down some pre show grub, then make the gig. Probably run into some Pats players in the same breath. Yeah, that's it, you can be converted on two counts.

Oh, one more clarification.
Let's not think for one minute that the tail of the
Lobsta is the prize. If ya don't polish off the whole item, y'all from some other planet!
[Edited by Nellcote]
[Edited by Nellcote]
03-15-03 11:06 AM
Stonesprofessor If anyone wants/needs B&P copies of HOW BRITAIN GOT THE BLUES or HANDSOME GIRLS [the 4 disc version] Pm me....returning a favor someone did for me...
03-15-03 11:06 AM
tumblingdice I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to the year 2003 with the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Bucs!!! Thank you! Can't continue to live in the past! Plus I feel the odds are better that SS's Eagles will win it all before the Patsies do, if they ever do again! But lest some of you get to upset for bashing the Pats, I will admit my Jags have never won it and the Dolphins have not won in so long it is not even funny anymore. But with all the bad years for the Bucs in the past I was very happy for them this year.
03-15-03 11:26 AM
Nellcote Hey Dice;

Someday you might get to say this...

Once a Super Bowl (tm) Champion, always a Super Bowl (tm)
Champion.

It's something that cannot be taken away.

You might want to find another team than the Jags to pull for, say the C'boys if you don't believe the Pats or Eagles have it. Jags are doormat material...
[Edited by Nellcote]
03-15-03 11:34 AM
tumblingdice Yeah, I know I can already say it, being a Dolphin before my Jags ever came along. Only team that can say, "once unbeaten, always unbeaten, from 1972!!!! Doormat material? Maybe, maybe not. Sure the Pats beat us for the AFC championship in 1996, but that game could have gone either way. Also there is nothing like saying champion NOW!! Not last year! But really Nelly good luck next year to you!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST