ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Globe Photo with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Start Me Up Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th March 2007 07:10 PM
Some Guy A. Great song
or
2. Best song ever.
7th March 2007 07:20 PM
CraigP A.
7th March 2007 07:40 PM
BILL PERKS A
7th March 2007 07:49 PM
fireontheplatter both....
7th March 2007 07:53 PM
texile over-played...
with dumb lyrics.

hey craig p.,
'all your sickness, I'll Suck a Duck...'
i think this was in another thread but it still makes me laugh because i still sing it like that..

7th March 2007 08:20 PM
72Tele The begining of the end.
7th March 2007 08:46 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
A. Great song
or
2. Best song ever.

I never really liked it and thought it was the worst song off the album. I wish they would stop playing it live. I don't know anyone who likes this song.
7th March 2007 10:43 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

I never really liked it and thought it was the worst song off the album. I wish they would stop playing it live. I don't know anyone who likes this song.

you should meet more people...
I love the song and I was eagerly awaiting it at both shows I attended.
7th March 2007 11:46 PM
The Stealer
quote:
72Tele wrote:
The begining of the end.

Yes.
8th March 2007 12:11 AM
glencar Best song ever? Tumbling Dice, tater.
8th March 2007 02:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
2. Best song ever.

Hmnnn....well, that's a bit of a stretch.
8th March 2007 02:44 AM
Poplar
A. those who disagree should flog themselves.
8th March 2007 03:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man A, but it can be beyond boring live.
8th March 2007 07:09 AM
Zack
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
A, but it can be beyond boring live.

Yes, but when it's the opener, you can tell whether Ronnie is going to show up for gig or not by whether he actually plays a solo or just makes some shrill screechy sounds for a few bars.
8th March 2007 09:31 AM
egon A...., and sometimes B too.

Great party starter.
8th March 2007 11:47 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Zack wrote: Yes, but when it's the opener, you can tell whether Ronnie is going to show up for gig or not by whether he actually plays a solo or just makes some shrill screechy sounds for a few bars.

Yeah Zack, I noticed that at PNC Park opener for the Bigger Bang tour. There was indeed some screeching on SMU but he soon got on track and the concert continued superbly. Could the guitar techs/hands be blamed on that one OR Ronnie's hands?

(A) & (B) GREATEST SONG EVER! Especially in the car cruising with the windows down. I want to have a button on my gravestone--when depressed, SMU will play, my bones will pop up out of the ground and jiggle about to the beat.

What do you think?
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th March 2007 11:54 AM
egon Rob, i think you're very brave!

any other 'man' would have stayed away forever from this board after the "beckham confession post",
but you're still here.

FOR YOU...
8th March 2007 11:55 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I want to have a button on my gravestone--when depressed, SMU will play, my bones will pop up out of the ground and jiggle about to the beat.

What do you think?

that is bold.
8th March 2007 11:59 AM
Saint Sway song makes me cringe
8th March 2007 12:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
song makes me cringe

dude...
8th March 2007 12:23 PM
jb It was their last mega-hit.....
8th March 2007 12:25 PM
Bitch It may not be their best song, but it surely has the best lyrics of all the RS songs!

you make a grown man cry,
you make a dead man cum

THAT is CLASSIC STONES! It's beyond too much, it's over the top, it's outrageously funny and makes an impression like no other Stones line, IMO.
8th March 2007 09:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
72Tele wrote:
The begining of the end.

The best definition for the song.
8th March 2007 11:36 PM
Bloozehound It's the tits
8th March 2007 11:38 PM
tumbled stomp me down. now THAT .....is the next great song....
don't stop

[Edited by tumbled]
9th March 2007 03:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man I do agree that Start Me Up was the beggining of the end, at least it was in terms of commercial success. It was their last top 10 hit here in the UK and is where the nostalgia ends with their live shows.

Put it this way, how many people other than us lot can name a Stones song post-Start Me Up? Very few I'd imagene.
9th March 2007 05:11 AM
corgi37 Start me up the beginning of the end? Gee, that means the end began around 1973.
9th March 2007 10:05 AM
StonesChick
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

you should meet more people...
I love the song and I was eagerly awaiting it at both shows I attended.

LOL Yeah, that probably isn't a bad idea.
They always play SMU when I see them live and it's never a highlight for me or my friends. Tattoo You is one of my favorites and I wish they'd play more of the other songs on it....or I'd like to hear the reggae version of SMU.
9th March 2007 10:17 AM
Bitch START ME UP is great as the opener but I dont like it later on in the show. By then I want better song choices like Under My Thumb, Paint it Black, or Bitch.
9th March 2007 10:25 AM
Carol Sigmaringa I not a big fan. Actually, I don't like it veeeery much.
I skip it most of the time.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)