ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Fender Stratocaster Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th March 2006 06:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Keith & Ron haven't tuned their guitars since the '75 tour

Guitar techs do

Ever see the raw footage of Keith on Friday Night Videos, where he's sitting around talking with Paul Sheaffer? He's trying to play something and can't get his guitar in tune. In a very exasperated tone he says "It was in tune when I bought it." It's hard to tell if he's joking or not.
9th March 2006 09:28 PM
jpenn11
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Ever see the raw footage of Keith on Friday Night Videos, where he's sitting around talking with Paul Sheaffer? He's trying to play something and can't get his guitar in tune. In a very exasperated tone he says "It was in tune when I bought it."

I think he had a b-bender (bends the b string only) there and was not used to the bending.
12th March 2006 12:50 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
I've played Barney's Mexi-Tele. He's right, it's a throw down guitar, I would never get away with throwing down the Gibson. I guess I'm stuck on apperances. Always thought the black one Keef plays looked cool but got hung up on the pickup. Same thing w/the Thinlines. I know, pretty dumb...

I showed Anjuli how to play the Tele with her foot today and then she was kicking the strings!

Did you ever get your Marshall amp fixed? Play a Strat through a Fender amp-->through your Marshall amp and you'll begin to get cool tone. Of course both amps must be on at least 6 or 7.

quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Nope, I'm never going to be a fan of this guitar. Actually, I was kind of expecting some here to sway my opinion, but it seems many agree with me. Well, it seems that at least some ADMIT that it's not their favourite!

Somehow SRV and Jimi were able to get fabulous tone out of Strats, but they were doing it with extreme signal overdrive. Dave Alvin does pretty well with a Strat too.

-----------
Fender solid body guitars are good self-defense weapons as Keith Richards proved on I believe the '81 tour.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)