ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

19th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, NYC March 15, 2004
© Tina Fineberg / AP
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith tips possible fall tour in LA Times Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-03-04 04:58 PM
Joey " All I know is - she is a die hard Zionist. Zion Illinois. A beautiful town. The smell of factory sulfur and rotting meat. Mmmmmm.... "

Don't Dodge the issue here : .................it is your primary function on this orb to " UnCake !!!! "

Now Get Over here -- I'm hungry again and " Beef Tenderloin " is on the docket this evening .

Beef Wacky !

Oh , ................." Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

03-03-04 11:30 PM
voodoopug Ben,

I feel for you man, as a former resident of Mattoon, IL; i certainly know what its like to live in a town known for its smell.

and i believe jb's source would have to be Al Gore...he invented the internet you know
03-04-04 01:49 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan VoodooPug ummm what does Mattoon smell like?? I'm from Illinois ahahahahha is it dog food? I live in Champaign Illinois not to far from there, I thought I smelled dogfood down that way lmao
03-04-04 10:21 AM
Ben Gurion There were some good antique shops in Mattoon, if I recall correctly.

The smelliest town ever has to be Hodgkins. Near Worth, final resting place of Muddy Waters and Hound Dog Taylor.
03-04-04 11:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot The 3 stinkiest places I've ever been:

1. Venice Italy in August, mid 80's. The stench of the canals is overwhelming. Imaging rotting fish, combined with rancid garbage, covered in raw sewage. Simply the most unpleasant smell that has ever passed my olfactory senses.

2. Marcus Hook PA in the late 70's. The stench of the polluted Delaware River co-mingled with belching oil refineries. Nasty.

3. Arch Rock PA in the summer months. There is an animal rendering works there. It used to be called Cleck's Rendering, now it is called Valley Protien. All the area farmers haul their dead animals there. Horses, cows, pigs, poultry, whacked mobsters....In the summer heat the "gut pit"(a vast pond of blood and innards) puts off a stench that can be overpowering, even miles away depending on the winds.

This past summer, a Valley Protien's truck spilled it's contents onto US 522. 3 cars lost control in the slippery, stinking mess, and crashed. There were no injuries resulting from the crash, but all of the victims were puking their guts out when Fire/EMS arrived. The stench overpowered them. The fire dept and police shut the roadway down until Valley Protien sent a clean up crew. It took them 4 hours to clean up the mess. It still smelled so bad in that area that local residents were calling our Public Saftey Office a WEEK later begging for something to be done. They were complaining of nausea and headache...and this was a full week after the site was cleaned up!

Even as awful as that was, it doesn't compare to Venice in the summer. Venice can be smelled long before it can be seen.

I am told that they have made great strides since then, and the city does not smell nearly as bad as it once did. That is a good thing.
03-04-04 11:38 AM
Joey

Stoney ...........................................

You are TRULY one tough S.O.B. !

03-05-04 12:45 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan How about Perry Fla? Anybody ever smelled that 1?? It's pretty stinky!
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH