ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: any combat vets out there? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th March 2006 04:43 PM
Starbuck so anyway, i am teaching a class on American Wars this quarter and i am thinking about having my students contact a combat veteran and ask them about their experiences. anyone frequent any wwII, vietnam or iraq war Message boards? anyone have any idea how i could get in touch with a bunch of veterans? i'd like wwII vets more than any other vet group, mainly because they won't be with us for much longer...but current Iraq war combat troops would be interesting too...

BTW, my reasearch for this little project led me to a story that said there are now less than 50 WWI vets left alive worldwide...france just discovered two more, bringing their total to seven...
8th March 2006 05:13 PM
pdog Does growing up in Jersey count? I am diagnosed with PTSD from my childhood there... Most vets have that as well...
8th March 2006 05:16 PM
Joey " anyone have any idea how i could get in touch with a bunch of veterans? "

I spent five solid years inside the Hanoi Hilton and then another two in the " Russian Roulette " parlors on the outskirts of Saigon ......... I am afraid I can not help you .

Jaycee '
8th March 2006 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I am diagnosed with PTSD from my childhood there... Most vets have that as well...

Most doctors these days can burns warts like that completely off strictly on an outpatient basis .
8th March 2006 05:18 PM
pdog Don't believe him Starbuck, he was Omaha'd.
8th March 2006 05:44 PM
nankerphelge My dad was 17 when he fought in the 5th Marines on Iwo Jima.

He will be 80 in a couple of weeks.

Ain't many of them left!!!

He is my hero!

He doesn't talk much about it, but if you'd like, I'd be willing to ask him if he'd share any of his experiences.

8th March 2006 05:55 PM
RollingstonesUSA I was in the Marines for 10years from 94-04....
8th March 2006 06:01 PM
Starbuck nanky...

as if you weren't already...you're my hero...

if he would be willing to exchange some email correspondence with a couple of tenth graders that would be cool!

iwo jima, huh? that was some rough shit.
8th March 2006 06:02 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I was in the Marines for 10years from 94-04....

you don't say...

were you in iraq?
8th March 2006 06:51 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

you don't say...

were you in iraq?

Yes....
8th March 2006 06:56 PM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Yes....

How's the food? Are the girls loose? Any good dope?
8th March 2006 07:09 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

How's the food? Are the girls loose? Any good dope?

It was sicking, I have seen so much shit, most is way to graphic to mention, but what kept me thru it all...THE ROLLING FUCKIN STONES!
8th March 2006 08:22 PM
Joey
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

It was sicking, I have seen so much shit, most is way to graphic to mention, but what kept me thru it all...THE ROLLING FUCKIN STONES!

Thanks For Serving Our Great Country !!!!!!!!

You made it out of Iraq alive ....... the rest of your life is now GRAVY !!!
8th March 2006 08:40 PM
corgi37 Every night with my wife is worth 2 in Nui Dat!!

Hey Starbuck, did you get the finished song i sent you? SBD i mean. Take 2. hahaha.
8th March 2006 08:41 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks For Serving Our Great Country !!!!!!!!

You made it out of Iraq alive ....... the rest of your life is now GRAVY !!!

Thank you so much Joey! Means alot! The Quest Center, the new WONDER OF THE WORLD!....LOL

[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
8th March 2006 09:02 PM
parmeda Mr. Buck...do you not have a local VFW in your 'hood?

Find one! These guys are always willing to talk on the subject...especially if they know they'll be entertaining school children.

Find out if they have an "Adopt a Vet" program. It's become quite trendy in these parts...I'd be willing to explain more to you if you'd be interested.
8th March 2006 10:22 PM
glencar My uncle just passed away a month ago. He was a WWII vet who served in the South Pacific. Hated the Japanese for the rest of his life because of what they did.
8th March 2006 10:30 PM
corgi37 Who can blame him? They were sub-human devil rats. I have no shame in saying they should have dropped a 3rd nuke on them. What they did to Australians beggars belief.

And, what they wanted to do to Australia beggars belief.
8th March 2006 10:33 PM
Maxmeister My dad is 83. He was in the Air Corps[ground] and was in Europe from Normandy on through to Berlin.
He doesn't have email but his girlfriend does. Let me know.

Rick
8th March 2006 10:41 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Who can blame him? They were sub-human devil rats. I have no shame in saying they should have dropped a 3rd nuke on them. What they did to Australians beggars belief.

And, what they wanted to do to Australia beggars belief.

What'd they do/try to do?
9th March 2006 12:10 AM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]

I was a bit obnoxious , sorry. I always try to remember to say thanks to all who serve in the military.
[Edited by pdog]
9th March 2006 12:33 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was a bit obnoxious , sorry. I always try to remember to say thanks to all who serve in the military.
[Edited by pdog]

No problem, thanks, I am very glad I can help people matain their freedom....
9th March 2006 01:46 AM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

No problem, thanks, I am very glad I can help people matain their freedom....

I'm just trying to maintain, Period !!!

So ,what's life like post-war and all. Are things okay?
I'm glad The Stones kept you somewhat sane too. They've been there for me many times...
9th March 2006 02:07 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm just trying to maintain, Period !!!

So ,what's life like post-war and all. Are things okay?
I'm glad The Stones kept you somewhat sane too. They've been there for me many times...

It's great! Just relaxing, time to reflect on things, opened the Loving Cup with my best friend, just need to find a girl! cause the one I had was a BITCH! she hated the Stones, and music for that fact, and other things, but all in all life has been good, I look back on it now and I'm glad I did what I did for my country all tho I dont agree with Mr. Bush, but hey It's my duty and I was honored to have served this country and the thing is I'm only 33! so I have plenty life left, jeez i'm ramblin, anyway It's Only Rock 'N' Roll!
9th March 2006 02:13 AM
Altamont RollingstonesUSA,
What is the address of your bar, The Loving Cup? I'm sure many Stones fans would love to visit it when in the area! Any info?
9th March 2006 06:35 AM
egon i was in the airforce for 3 years, and saw plenty of action.

Though not the kinda action that you would want to tell
the kids about.

9th March 2006 09:47 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
i was in the airforce for 3 years, and saw plenty of action.

Though not the kinda action that you would want to tell
the kids about.

You make Joey smile .

First " Jaggerbomb " this weekend is for Egon
9th March 2006 10:14 AM
Starbuck joey, perhaps you might want to tell us what it was like running from the draft in vietnam?
9th March 2006 10:25 AM
glencar I think he more "toddled away" from the draft.
9th March 2006 11:04 AM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
joey, perhaps you might want to tell us what it was like running from the draft in vietnam?

I have told the story many times here over the past twenty seven years ....... but here goes again :

It was 1967 and your young Joey was but a three year old ' wee Joey ' in Kindergarten at the time who went to Washington D.C. as part of a class Holiday Christmas Trip .

Anyway , whilst visiting the White House , I kinda wandered off from the rest of the ' tour group ' and walked right past the secretaries and into the Oval Office cause I wanted to meet " THE MAN " !!!!!

I sulked right up to President Johnon , introduced myself , and began to engage in dialogue about civil rights and his ' Great Society ' Progam . The President was quite impressed with my knowledge on the various and sundry subjects we discussed and asked if I would like to spend the weekend with him up at Camp David .... when I replied , " No Sir " .... he told me that I can either go to Camp David with him or get sent to the front lines of The Vietnam .... it was , " My Choice " ya see !!!!!

.... two months later I was working as a ' latrine boy ' in DaNang .

The rest ... as they say .... is History !

LBJOEY !!!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)