ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - March 12, 2006
© Mike Bush with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: any combat vets out there? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th March 2006 11:45 AM
FPM C10 Joey, that is a GREAT story! When did you steal that from Lugar?

Ever see the "Who killed Mr. Burns" episode of the Simpsons, when Krusty the Klown accuses someone of stealing a gag from him, and Sideshow Mel says "YOU stole that from 'Pardon My Zinger'!" And Krusty says "Stole, made up, what's the difference? Oy...." I think of my C10 brothers every time I see that! I also think of Barney the Drunk at Kamp Krusty saying "I am TOO Krunchy the Klown!" Somehow it all seems to refer to us. Don't know why!

At one point in my life, years ago, I was a cashier in a store that sold, among other things, models of WW2 airplanes, and a lot of WW2 vets came in and looked at them. When I would see a white-haired guy looking at a B-17 I would know why, and I would always get them to talk about their experiences - partially because my dad was in WW2 and my family broke up before I really had a chance to talk to him about HIS experiences. They would talk and talk, and then later their wives or kids would come over to me and say "how did you do that? He NEVER talks about the war!"

9th March 2006 12:31 PM
nankerphelge Starbuck -- I will talk with him over the next few days. I am sure he won't mind responding to some emails -- he has nothing much else to do.

Yeah I just caught a History Channel or A&E special on Iwo a week or so ago. Rough shit indeed!
9th March 2006 01:51 PM
Gimme Shelter I was in the US Army for five years from Halloween of '90- Halloween day of '95.
9th March 2006 02:57 PM
Joey " I would know why, and I would always get them to talk about their experiences - partially because my dad was in WW2 and my family broke up before I really had a chance to talk to him about HIS experiences. They would talk and talk, and then later their wives or kids would come over to me and say "how did you do that? He NEVER talks about the war!"

Dr. Fleabit ......

You should go into a ' practice ' .

Ho Chi ... Joe !

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)