ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Laugh, I nearly Died appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st March 2006 05:27 PM
mrhipfl What a great soul tune. That song is defenitly the most underrated song off the album. Mick pours his heart and soul into those vocals. It's a highlight for me everytime I listen to the album. What do y'all think?
[Edited by mrhipfl]
1st March 2006 05:35 PM
BILL PERKS fan bloody tastic!
1st March 2006 05:36 PM
Back Street Girl Yes my fav too
1st March 2006 05:43 PM
Gazza Dont know about it being 'underrated'. I think when the album was released it appeared to be the one that got the most plaudits on the message boards anyway

With the possible exception of "Continental Drift", it's the most inspired and best song the Stones have released since "Slave".
1st March 2006 05:45 PM
Saint Sway a solid notch better than "Hideaway"
1st March 2006 05:48 PM
lotsajizz what Gazza said

1st March 2006 06:32 PM
Soldatti I loved it at first listen.
1st March 2006 08:48 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dont know about it being 'underrated'. I think when the album was released it appeared to be the one that got the most plaudits on the message boards anyway

With the possible exception of "Continental Drift", it's the most inspired and best song the Stones have released since "Slave".

GAZZA- DO YOU STILL LIKE ABB AS MUCH AS YOUR INITIAL REVIEW?
1st March 2006 08:51 PM
Gazza Still love it and still maintain that its their best since Tattoo You but I wouldnt say I listen to it as much as I did in the first few months
1st March 2006 08:53 PM
the good Good song. But I think Rough Justice is the best on the album.
1st March 2006 08:53 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dont know about it being 'underrated'. I think when the album was released it appeared to be the one that got the most plaudits on the message boards anyway

I'm sorry Gazza, but if thats you're statement, then Tops or T & A are better than Slave, as much as I love it

Also, do you really hear CD as being superior to Mixed Emotions?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
1st March 2006 10:11 PM
The Eggman Slave???

1st March 2006 11:14 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
What a great soul tune. That song is defenitly the most underrated song off the album. Mick pours his heart and soul into those vocals. It's a highlight for me everytime I listen to the album. What do y'all think?
[Edited by mrhipfl]

This track is in the top 4 on ABB. Mick's vocals are some of his best ever.
Laugh, along with Dangerous Beauty, need to be played in concert. Maybe Europe will get lucky.

Rick
1st March 2006 11:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

This track is in the top 4 on ABB. Mick's vocals are some of his best ever.
Laugh, along with Dangerous Beauty, need to be played in concert. Maybe Europe will get lucky.

Rick

BUT !!!
Can they pull them off live? They barely managed to get through Sway w/o falling apart...
[Edited by pdog]
1st March 2006 11:42 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
pdog wrote:

BUT !!!
Can they pull them off live? They barely managed to get through Sway wo/o falling apart...

You may have a point. Dangerous should not be a problem. Laugh may take too much effort. Then there's the problem of too many clueless in attendance. Hell, how many times did they play BOMH, 2-3 times? I was dam lucky to get it in Hershey.

Rick
2nd March 2006 12:25 AM
pdog I have mixed feeling on BOMH... I thought the studio release was too short and could've been really great stretched out... Live, it kinda fell short, it was okay...
2nd March 2006 04:26 AM
Jumacfly Great song!!
one of my fav on ABB, may be my fav.
Love the sound of Charlie, the end with the 4th Mick's voices.
I just don t like the mannered voice of Jagger, this "fantasy" line...yuk..
2nd March 2006 04:27 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:

BUT !!!
Can they pull them off live? They barely managed to get through Sway w/o falling apart...
[Edited by pdog]

the version at MSG #2 I've heard is pretty good IMHO
2nd March 2006 04:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

the version at MSG #2 I've heard is pretty good IMHO

Same here.Its always better than You got me rocking!
2nd March 2006 04:41 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Same here.Its always better than You got me rocking!

damn right! I Go Wild would have the same effect, and its a better song IMO.

did France win?

England scraped to a 2-1 victory
2nd March 2006 04:45 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

damn right! I Go Wild would have the same effect, and its a better song IMO.

did France win?

England scraped to a 2-1 victory

France lost 2/1.
I think we should send kids in Germany, they got better chances to win than this team (???).
Anyway we ve recorded a great song yesterday, I will post it soon here.
I ve also convinced my bandmates with a new song, a mix of Black limo and Midnight Rambler
2nd March 2006 04:48 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

France lost 2/1.
I think we should send kids in Germany, they got better chances to win than this team (???).
Anyway we ve recorded a great song yesterday, I will post it soon here.
I ve also convinced my bandmates with a new song, a mix of Black limo and Midnight Rambler

lol
song sounds good!
2nd March 2006 05:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

lol
song sounds good!

I ll post it soon! stay tuned mate!
2nd March 2006 06:19 AM
Break The Spell Great song, easily one of the best on ABB. It has that dark, melancholic mood that the second half of Tattoo You has.
2nd March 2006 06:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Great song, easily one of the best on ABB. It has that dark, melancholic mood that the second half of Tattoo You has.

same mood as "down in the hole", i love it!
2nd March 2006 06:39 AM
IzzyStradlin It's very average.
2nd March 2006 06:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

same mood as "down in the hole", i love it!

Another great one, it would be nice to try that one out on the b-stage.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
2nd March 2006 07:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I'm sorry Gazza, but if thats you're statement, then Tops or T & A are better than Slave, as much as I love it

Also, do you really hear CD as being superior to Mixed Emotions?

Continental Drift is a genuine masterpiece and one of my top 6-7 Stones songs ever - so, yes.

Mixed Emotions has a good chorus hook. Thats all. As a song its (by Stones standards) nothing special. There are three great songs on Steel Wheels - Continental Drift, Almost Hear You Sigh and Slipping Away. The rest is good to average.

"Tops" and "T&A" are excellent of course (although 'Worried About You' also knocks them both out of the park)

One of the things that is so wonderful about "Slave" is that everyone playing on it is at the top of their game. I'm not normally into extended jams, but I could listen to that quite easily if it took up an entire side of an LP. And Bob Clearmountain deserves a hall of fame nomination for the sound on this song alone. The Stones rhythm section never sounded better than they do on that album and ESPECIALLY on that track.
2nd March 2006 07:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

Hope you're right. Thats the two I want to hear most.

Dangerous Beauty has a monster of a riff that just screams to be played live.
2nd March 2006 08:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dangerous Beauty has a monster of a riff that just screams to be played live.

Agree.
Every new tittle is welcome (except anything from Alfie of course)
About those guitars questions on ABB, I m happy to hear Rain Fall Down performed live, the 3 guitars sound is very cool compared to the tiny riff of the record, and , of course, this silly keyboard sound on the last verse.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)