ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Laugh, I nearly Died appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd March 2006 09:55 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I loved it at first listen.

2nd March 2006 11:47 AM
glencar Yes I did too. I'd like to hear it on the radio once in a while.
2nd March 2006 12:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA Love the song, love the lyrics, the drums, EVERYTHING!
2nd March 2006 12:55 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Love the song, love the lyrics, the drums, EVERYTHING!

The drums at the end, along with the main riff are incredible. Also its my favorite lyrically off ABB.
3rd March 2006 03:34 AM
IanBillen
LIND:

Great tune. Undoubtably some of the most heartfelt, and best overall vocal performances by Mick of not only the latter Stones, but the dudes entire career.

His vocals are fantastic on that song. I didn't even think he had that much in him still. Even I was surprised. I remember hearing for the first time and I was like damn,....damn, damn, damn. I can't believe how good they still are. This is friggin tits.

And yes, I agree it is side 2, Tatoo You ish..../Sir Stones Alot, where are you?...

Ian
3rd March 2006 03:39 AM
Altamont I also would chalk it up as one of Micks most genuine vocal deliveries in years. There's nothing forced about it.
3rd March 2006 04:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge A truly great song
3rd March 2006 04:26 AM
IanBillen [quote]Altamont wrote:
I also would chalk it up as one of Micks most genuine vocal deliveries in years. There's nothing forced about it.

Oh yeah. No doubt. It is Mick at his very best. I was hearing it for the first time and I was like: What? Another Gem right from side two Tattoo You? In 2005, are you serious. Woe.,....and it is as good as some of the stuff on side two of Tattoo You to boot. If this was around in 1981 it would of had it's rank as a possible pick for side two. It is comperable to side two Tattoo You....and the dude is in his 60's.

His vocals are poured out from the heart like only Jagger can grab you. And they are, in a sense just perfect on that tune. It may not be better or as good as some of the Stuff on Tatoo You but it surely isn't below all of them either. Like I said....it could of been picked over one, maybe two tunes that are on TY. Aside from all the LIND/Tattoo You comperisons or how it is comperable to side two of TY, there's no-doubt LIND is Micks most straight from the heart, reaching vocal performance since then. That's right. More real than anything off Undercover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, even Voodoo, and Bridges....Spanning 24 years.

*And let us not forget The music beside all the fantastic vocal work on that one. Great Stuff. Real Stones.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
3rd March 2006 09:27 AM
glencar Who are you & what have you done with IanBillen's computer????
3rd March 2006 09:41 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who are you & what have you done with IanBillen's computer????

Damage control is my guess.
3rd March 2006 09:44 AM
glencar LOL
3rd March 2006 09:45 AM
Break The Spell Kinda like that artist / band you don't care much for, yet every now and then they put out a good song.
4th March 2006 03:13 AM
PeerQueer It shall not be appreciated for another 5 years...

great song - great vocals.

Stones Rule.
4th March 2006 03:22 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
Dont know about it being 'underrated'. I think when the album was released it appeared to be the one that got the most plaudits on the message boards anyway

With the possible exception of "Continental Drift", it's the most inspired and best song the Stones have released since "Slave".

Gazza,

You have strange taste when it comes to Stones Tunes. Continental Drift is possibly their most experimental song since...shit, I don't know, something from Their Satanic Majesties Request Album. But what makes it so inspiring?

Micks vocals are not that hot on CD. It is a neat song. One that would take a very experienced, talented group to do (along with Brian Jones buddy's with them of coarse). But I don't see it as the best thing since Tattoo You...

We have had them much more than that. Love is Strong. Anybody Seen MB,
Thru and Thru.... are experimental yet The Stones sound more inspired and real on these songs as opposed to CD.

Are you telling me your favorite song since Tattoo You by The Stones is Continental Drift? Again, very neat song....but it has nothing from The Stones roots whatsoever. It is just totally experimental. It is a total left fielder for them. And this, of all the good shit between Undercover and A Bigger Bang from the rockers to the ballads is your favorite of them all.

I dig the tune. But Gazza you got your head in the gutter tonight. (say what you will about the Jon Bonjovi remarks).

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)