ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michele Obama Appy Thread (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
26th February 2008 03:47 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
You may know Jack, but you don't know Barack. I do. He can handle the presidency.

Did you call him Barry back then?
26th February 2008 04:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Uhh yeah. Whatever you say. Kill em all for all I care.

Riffy

Are the enemy allowed to feel this way, or is indiscriminate killing for Americans only?
26th February 2008 04:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bob Somerby is quoted in that article & therefore the whole article is discredited.

Couldn't make it past paragraph 5 huh?
26th February 2008 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:

Fiji Joe wrote:

Is this retard breaking his own law?

******* SIGH ********

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
26th February 2008 05:03 PM
pdog does joey have a point?
26th February 2008 05:17 PM
Fiji Joe Grow a pair McCain...Is this the man to trust to keep us safe from the Mongolians?

John McCain apologized Tuesday for disparaging comments about Barack Obama made by talk radio host Bill Cunningham at a McCain campaign rally in Cincinnati.

Cunningham, a radio host at WLW-AM, had warmed up the crowd at Memorial Hall with comments about Obama and Hillary Clinton, likening Obama to a “hack, Chicago-style” politician and saying the Illinois senator would “saddle up next to Hezbollah,” Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and North Korean leader Kim Jong Il if elected president.

When McCain addressed the crowd, he apologized for the remarks. “I regret any comments that may be made about these two individuals (Obama and Clinton) who are honorable Americans,” he said. “We just have strong philosophical differences, and so I want to disassociate myself from any disparaging remarks that may have been said about them.”

Though McCain apologized for remarks directed at both Democratic presidential candidates, Cunningham’s comments were directed at the Obama camp.

Cunningham had delivered remarks that painted a grim future for America if “Barack Hussein Obama” is elected president. He mentioned Obama’s middle name three times.

“Obama just came back from meeting Ahmadinejad; he’s got a meeting the next week with Kim Jong Il of North Korea. Then he’s going to saddle up next to Hezbollah; they’re going to have a little cookie-and-cream party. All’s going to be right with the world.

“When the great prophet from Chicago takes the stand, and the world leaders who want to kill us will simply be singing ‘Kumbayah’ together around the table of Barack Obama, it’s all going to be great,” Cunningham said. “Things are going to be wonderful.”

Cunningham ended his stump speech with “if you think about immigration, think about terror, think about success in Iraq, there is only one man who can get the job done, John ‘Wayne’ McCain for president.”

McCain later took the stage and apologized for the remarks.

“I will take responsibility in any offense that was inflicted,” the Arizona senator said.

Asked whether the use of Obama’s middle name — the same as former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein — is proper, McCain said: “No, it is not. Any comment that is disparaging of either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama is totally inappropriate.”

McCain said he didn’t know who decided to allow Cunningham to speak, but he said he was sure it was in coordination with his campaign. He said he didn’t hear the comments and has never met Cunningham, but “I will certainly make sure that nothing like that happens again.”

Bill Burton, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, applauded McCain’s remarks.

“It is a sign that if there is a McCain-Obama general election, it can be intensely competitive but the candidates will attempt to keep it respectful and focused on issues,” Burton said.

Last fall, McCain faced criticism for not immediately repudiating a voter in South Carolina who called Clinton a “bitch.” McCain chuckled in response to the voter’s question, but didn’t embrace the epithet. A few minutes later, he said he respected Clinton, a New York senator and colleague.

At one point on Tuesday, Cunningham compared Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to Madeleine Albright, who he said “looks like death warmed over.” He also commented on the difference between former Ohio Rep. Rob Portman, whose wife is named Jane, and Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank, who is gay. “Jane’s the main difference. But that’s a different story,” Cunningham said.

As Cunningham finished, Portman, who has been mentioned as a possible vice presidential candidate, took the microphone to introduce McCain.

“Willie, you’re out of control again. So, what else is new? But we love him,” Portman said. “But I’ve got to tell you, Bill Cunningham lending his voice to this campaign is extremely important. He did it in 2000, he did it in 2004. It was crucial to victory then and it’s even more important this year with his bigger radio audience. So, Bill Cunningham, thank you for lending your voice.”

Speaking to reporters later alongside McCain, Portman said: “I was backstage so I didn’t hear everything he said. Bill Cunningham is a radio talk show host who is often controversial so it does not surprise me that he was controversial.” He added: “That’s, I guess, how he makes his living.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/26/mccain-apologizes-for-radio-hosts-obama-comments-at-rally/

26th February 2008 05:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you call him Barry back then?

Funny!
26th February 2008 05:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Grow a pair McCain...Is this the man to trust to keep us safe from the Mongolians?

I regret any comments that Fiji made.
26th February 2008 05:49 PM
somebody
Why is there no news reporting coming out of Iraq, we are so not informed. I am looking for this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctrine-Rise-Disaster-Capitalism/dp/0805079831/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204066068&sr=8-1
[Edited by somebody]
26th February 2008 05:55 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
does joey have a point?

26th February 2008 07:26 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Funny!

?
26th February 2008 07:27 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
somebody wrote:

Why is there no news reporting coming out of Iraq, we are so not informed. I am looking for this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctrine-Rise-Disaster-Capitalism/dp/0805079831/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204066068&sr=8-1
[Edited by somebody]

An outstanding book.
27th February 2008 10:08 AM
Fiji Joe You see things Mr. Cunningham...if elected, he will throw us all "under the bus"

Radio host: I'm mad at McCain

When we last left radio talk show host Bill Cunningham yesterday, John McCain was busy apologizing for the red-meat comments Cunningham tossed out as a warm-up act at a McCain rally in Cincinnati.

Cunningham isn't too happy about McCain's repudiation, to put it mildly.

Our sister newspaper, the Cincinnati Enquirer, covers the aftermath, noting Cunningham told CNN's John Roberts that "all was well. No problem whatsoever until about an hour later . . .when John McCain threw me under the bus, under the Straight Talk Express. I got thrown under the bus."

"Why is he attacking me and not Obama or Hillary? He ought to attack Democrats and quit attacking conservatives like me," Cunningham said. "I've had it up to here with John McCain. He's off the list. I'm joining Ann Coulter in supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton."
27th February 2008 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

When we last left radio talk show host Bill Cunningham yesterday, John McCain was busy apologizing for the red-meat comments Cunningham tossed out as a warm-up act at a McCain rally in Cincinnati.

www.sprintcenter.com

27th February 2008 10:20 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

www.sprintcenter.com

I know...Obama is going to beat McCain like a house slave

27th February 2008 10:54 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

"I ain't no Barack Boy, I know what I like, you shoulda heard me right around midnight."

27th February 2008 11:19 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

"Why is he attacking me and not Obama or Hillary? He ought to attack Democrats and quit attacking conservatives like me," Cunningham said. "I've had it up to here with John McCain. He's off the list. I'm joining Ann Coulter in supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton."

Oh my goodness, this particular talk show guy is going to go far with the Bush Geeks. Whaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! Watch out Hannity, believe it or not, that's called a Power Move in your circles.
27th February 2008 11:59 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
That's miracle on ice postin'!

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!
27th February 2008 12:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
That's miracle on ice postin'!

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!

Unlike others, I am not afraid of a black planet...with today's medical advancements, high blood pressure is really not a big deal
27th February 2008 12:06 PM
Joey " Unlike others, I am not afraid of a black planet...with today's medical advancements, high blood pressure is really not a big deal "
!!!!!!!

27th February 2008 12:08 PM
Joey " I know...Obama is going to beat
McCain like a house slave "

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
27th February 2008 12:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Unlike others, I am not afraid of a black planet...with today's medical advancements, high blood pressure is really not a big deal

I like the women anyway. How we doing on the sickle cell?
27th February 2008 12:11 PM
Joey " How we doing on the sickle cell? "

27th February 2008 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

27th February 2008 12:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I like the women anyway. How we doing on the sickle cell?

It is of equal concern as McCain's age and complete inability to raise his arms above his nipples...
27th February 2008 12:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It is of equal concern as McCain's age and complete inability to raise his arms above his nipples...

Now THAT is Brazen Head Postin'

www.BrazenHeadPub.com

27th February 2008 01:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

How does he brush his teeth?
27th February 2008 01:34 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

A lobbyist volunteers to do it for him!
27th February 2008 01:35 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

A lobbyist volunteers to do it for him!

bring out the tape, he smacked that one out of the park.
27th February 2008 01:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)