ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michele Obama Appy Thread (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th February 2008 01:50 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

back2back.... anyone going for the hat trick?
27th February 2008 01:50 PM
Fiji Joe McCain wants to pillow fight?...Two words Johnny Mac..."Summers Eve"...get some

Though John McCain vowed that attacks on Barack Obama at his campaign events “will never happen again,” the Republican presidential candidate says he’s concerned he may be unable to control all of his supporters - especially third party groups.

At a rally in Cincinnati Tuesday, McCain denounced the remarks of local radio talk show host Bill Cunningham, who introduced the candidate with several attacks on Obama, including suggesting he is a “hack” who would sit down for tea with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Hezbollah terror leaders.

Cunningham also called Obama by his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, during the on-stage introduction. McCain immediately denounced the remarks and promised a civil debate should Obama become the Democratic presidential nominee.

But speaking to reporters aboard his campaign tour bus late Tuesday, McCain acknowledged that conservative independent groups pursuing a similar line to Cunningham’s could be impossible to control.

“I think you have to worry about that, particularly the 527s,” McCain said, referring to the independent advocacy groups that are not subject to contributor limits.

“We’re aware of many of the things that 527s have done … where unlimited amounts of money can pour into negative campaigns such as we saw against John Kerry and his combat record, as we saw against (former Georgia Sen.) Max Cleland … they’re really very not accountable to anyone. At least I have to say ‘I’m John McCain and I approve this message.’”

Some critics blame his signature campaign finance reform legislation, co-sponsored with Wisconsin Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold, for the explosion of uncontrolled 527 groups. But, McCain said the law is not the problem and argued that 527 groups were able to sprout up as a result of loophole in a 1974 campaign finance law.

McCain said he would do his best to prevent dirty politicking by his campaign and surrogates.

“The moral of the story is we just have to have stronger control of our campaign. … There is no excuse for what happened today,” he said, adding that his campaign has plans to expand its bare bones staff.

Cunningham says he was told by party officials to give the audience red meat to warm up the crowd that came to see McCain. He says he did and the crowd loved it, but McCain then threw him under the bus. Cunningham says McCain has now lost his support.

“I’m gonna follow the lead of Ann Coulter. I’ve had it with John McCain,” Cunningham told FOX News’ “Hannity & Colmes.”

“I’m going to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president because she would do a better job in the Oval Office, I think, than the liberal John McCain. I’m done with him.”

Cunningham said McCain “embarrassed himself,” and then made up a name of his own for the Arizona senator, “John Juan Pablo McCain,” an apparent reference to McCain’s sponsorship of immigration reform legislation. He added that McCain should be “repudiating Democrats and leaving conservatives alone.”

Meanwhile, as McCain preaches civility, his own campaign put out a call to Obama’s camp to call off Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, who has been attacking McCain for choosing to forgo public campaign financing.

“Howard Dean and the Democratic National Committee leadership have launched a personal and negative assault on Senator McCain’s character. Howard Dean himself questioned Senator McCain’s integrity, and a DNC official called McCain a liar,” said Communications Director Jill Hazelbaker.

“We agree with the Obama campaign’s statement today that this debate should be respectful and focused on issues, and it would be encouraging to see Senator Obama denounce the character attacks coming from the leadership of his party.”

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/27/mccain-scrambles-to-control-backers/

27th February 2008 03:31 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah...tell me something I don't already know about Obamamites...

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56494

27th February 2008 03:40 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Is this liberal or conservative? Since it's all girls, and maybe gay, I'm thinking Republican, then again we've got mixed races, so maybe Democrats... I don't know what to tell me penis. I'm really hoping it's libertarian, b/c my best wanks are when no one intrudes!!!
27th February 2008 03:44 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is this liberal or conservative? Since it's all girls, and maybe gay, I'm thinking Republican, then again we've got mixed races, so maybe Democrats... I don't know what to tell me penis. I'm really hoping it's libertarian, b/c my best wanks are when no one intrudes!!!

Nice punchline, but a fundamentally flawed premise...this is not the perfect joke I was looking for
27th February 2008 04:38 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you call him Barry back then?

He called him "daddy."
27th February 2008 04:46 PM
Joey " He called him "daddy."

< ----- I know...Obama is going to beat McCain like a house slave

Oh , My ... Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ) . You are on FIRE today !!!!!

J'Lo
27th February 2008 05:35 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Couldn't make it past paragraph 5 huh?

The internets have reduced my attention span. First MTV shortened it & now...
27th February 2008 05:37 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
does joey have a point?

Not since 1998!
27th February 2008 05:50 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not since 1998!

W- What ?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27th February 2008 05:52 PM
glencar Roid rage ain't no biggie!
27th February 2008 05:53 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Roid rage ain't no biggie!

blue ( small ' b ' ) ...............................

It REALLY is over , isn't it ... ?!

Even the Crickets have found something better to do whilst reading one of your postings :

|
|
V

27th February 2008 06:06 PM
glencar That's better than anyone's posts!
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)