ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is the "Bigger Bang Tour" continuing? Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th February 2007 05:53 PM
mrhipfl I'm still waiting for a rumour of a Switzerland date...
26th February 2007 06:13 PM
Saint Sway have they announced any cancellations yet?
26th February 2007 08:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
have they announced any cancellations yet?

At present, I believe the approximate schedule of events is as follows :

early March - European tour announcement (30-date tour scheduled to begin early June)

mid-April : Ronnie in rehab

mid-May : Keith falls over his new pet kitten when playing with it in his front garden, breaking his wrist, 3 ribs and puncturing a lung.

3rd week of May - Stones start cancelling hotel reservations, ticket agencies refund money to fans but rs.com keep sending e-mails advertising new tour merchandise and luxury travel packages

early June - tour officially announced as postponed by rs.com on the afternoon of the first show. Stones office deny 'vicious internet rumours' that Keith has had a stroke and promise to reschedule the entire tour as soon as possible.

early July - Cohl announces a revised tour schedule, consisting of a 4-date European stadium tour, starting on July 22nd in Barcelona and ending in London on July 29th.

July 20 - Stones cancel their only Spanish date of the tour 3 hours before the show as Mick has a boil on his arse. They apologise for being unable to reschedule it due to other commitments.

July 21 - Cohl announces a 75-date tour of American arenas, beginning on September 1st, which includes 15 theatre shows in New York as a 'thank you' for the fans' patience.

[Edited by Gazza]
26th February 2007 08:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

July 21 - Cohl announces a 75-date American tour of American arenas, beginning on September 1st, which includes 15 theatre shows in New York as a 'thank you' for the fans' patience.
[Edited by Gazza]

Now you're talking...
27th February 2007 07:51 AM
GotToRollMe quote:
Gazza wrote:

July 21 - Cohl announces a 75-date American tour of American arenas, beginning on September 1st, which includes 15 theatre shows in New York as a 'thank you' for the fans' patience.

quote:
pdog wrote:

Now you're talking...

Hell yeah!

27th February 2007 07:53 AM
glencar Wow, IanBillen needs to wise up...
27th February 2007 09:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
But after this summer? What are they gonna do? Write and record? Could there be a new Stones album in 2008?
I am still getting my fill of A Bigger Bang. It never looses it's sting.

Ian

there is tentative talk about a return to the US in the autumn of 2008, but of course thats a long way off. Anything can happen in 18 months, and knowing the Stones, it probably will.

As for a new album - well, they had no interest in promoting the last one for about the last 9 months of the tour, so I doubt they'll feel the need to make another one as an excuse to go on the road. Add to that the small matter of them now being out of contract.

I dont expect any more tours in the way we've been used to them, ie doing nothing for a couple of years, making an album and then doing a big world tour followed by another long break. They're pretty much aware that time isnt on their side. IF they choose to tour again after this summer, I'd expect shorter gaps between tours, but shorter bursts of semi-regular touring and not necessarily behind a new 'product'.
27th February 2007 10:12 AM
PartyDoll MEG Hey..Mr. Gazza you have a PM!!

Lets announce this tour already....It is getting on my last nerve!!!
27th February 2007 10:41 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

At present, I believe the approximate schedule of events is as follows :

early March - European tour announcement (30-date tour scheduled to begin early June)

mid-April : Ronnie in rehab

mid-May : Keith falls over his new pet kitten when playing with it in his front garden, breaking his wrist, 3 ribs and puncturing a lung.

3rd week of May - Stones start cancelling hotel reservations, ticket agencies refund money to fans but rs.com keep sending e-mails advertising new tour merchandise and luxury travel packages

early June - tour officially announced as postponed by rs.com on the afternoon of the first show. Stones office deny 'vicious internet rumours' that Keith has had a stroke and promise to reschedule the entire tour as soon as possible.

early July - Cohl announces a revised tour schedule, consisting of a 4-date European stadium tour, starting on July 22nd in Barcelona and ending in London on July 29th.

July 20 - Stones cancel their only Spanish date of the tour 3 hours before the show as Mick has a boil on his arse. They apologise for being unable to reschedule it due to other commitments.

July 21 - Cohl announces a 75-date tour of American arenas, beginning on September 1st, which includes 15 theatre shows in New York as a 'thank you' for the fans' patience.

Flyin over Spud Webb postin!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)