ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is the "Bigger Bang Tour" continuing? Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th February 2007 11:30 AM
AlexKx Is the "Bigger Bang World Tour" continuing this year? What's up with the Stones now?
24th February 2007 11:33 AM
fireontheplatter i sure hope so

gazza will know

coming down again where are all my friends
24th February 2007 04:40 PM
jaymze
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Is the "Bigger Bang World Tour" continuing this year? What's up with the Stones now?

I bloody well hope so! Got to see them twice last year and genuinely felt that it wasn't the last time i would see them. Hope they announce summit very soon!
24th February 2007 04:56 PM
Gazza Yes
24th February 2007 05:20 PM
Gazza Fan Asylum's site is inviting customers to contact them regarding travel package information by both the Stones and Barbra Streisand

see here www.fanasylum.com and click "VIP Travel".

Both acts havent announced any tour plans for 2007 as yet but both are strongly rumoured to be touring.

Coincindentally, both are also promoted by Michael Cohl and of course Fan Asylum have put together numerous travel packages for Stones tours in conjunction with the official fan club over the last few years.

I doubt a company of their reputation and with their links to the Stones organisation would be putting such a message on their site if they werent aware of the band's intention to tour in the near future.
24th February 2007 05:32 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes

Where? In Europe only? I certainly, and surely do not think they will return to the States of coarse. That would be outta hand. You don't return to the United States three times on a tour such as this... They have been here twice. Not again. You can only drag a tour out so long. So basically where? and till when will this tour continue then?

Ian
24th February 2007 05:32 PM
pdog a combined Stones and Babs package will cause me to puke, let's hope Cohl doesn't ever let it go there...
24th February 2007 06:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Where? In Europe only? I certainly, and surely do not think they will return to the States of coarse. That would be outta hand. You don't return to the United States three times on a tour such as this... They have been here twice. Not again. You can only drag a tour out so long. So basically where? and till when will this tour continue then?

Ian

Europe only. They wont be playing the US this year.

Incidentally - theyve toured the US FOUR times this tour, not two. They had five separate visits to the New York area alone (Sept'05, Jan '06, March '06 and two on the fall leg (Sept'06 and the Beacon shows a month later). LA, Boston/Foxboro and Chicago also got 3 separate visits.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th February 2007 06:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
a combined Stones and Babs package will cause me to puke, let's hope Cohl doesn't ever let it go there...

LOL..I think you can safely assume it concerns SEPARATE packages
24th February 2007 06:06 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes

why??
24th February 2007 06:31 PM
glencar $$$$
24th February 2007 06:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

why??

Why not?

I'd like to think the fact that they only played 19 out of an original total of 35 European shows last year might be a good enough excuse.

Oh - and $$$ as well, of course. That always helps.
24th February 2007 10:04 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

Incidentally - theyve toured the US FOUR times this tour, not two. They had five separate visits to the New York area alone (Sept'05, Jan '06, March '06 and two on the fall leg (Sept'06 and the Beacon shows a month later). LA, Boston/Foxboro and Chicago also got 3 separate visits.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yes, but were those actual "tours" or actual "legs" other than the intial tour and the fall leg here in the States??? I'd say it was a return to the States due to cancellations and a special event, (besides the fall leg). Not an actual marketed additional leg other than the return last fall. Right? I'm talking about booking shows for another sweep not making up shows that were cancelled or doing a show or two for some special venue such as the Beacon.

Ian
25th February 2007 09:04 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Don't take my hope away! It's all I have!

25th February 2007 10:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Yes, but were those actual "tours" or actual "legs" other than the intial tour and the fall leg here in the States??? I'd say it was a return to the States due to cancellations and a special event, (besides the fall leg). Not an actual marketed additional leg other than the return last fall. Right? I'm talking about booking shows for another sweep not making up shows that were cancelled or doing a show or two for some special venue such as the Beacon.

Ian

I dont know where you get this idea. None of the shows played in North America were played due to them being rescheduled from postponed shows from previous legs of the tour. The first US show on the entire tour that was postponed was Atlantic City on 27th October 2006. The cities they visited in 2006 were either in markets they hadnt played in before this tour or in cities where they felt the demand was strong enough to support additional shows. As they played over 80 shows in North America, I'd say that was quite obvious.
25th February 2007 10:28 AM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

Dudes got issues!
25th February 2007 10:45 AM
gimmekeef I'm glad for our European members that 2007 shows are happening after the dissapointments of last year.The USA?...I have to think something to promote the Scorcese movie would be considered?..LOL...Like The Fox Theater Atlanta..or a show beemed from my house??
25th February 2007 10:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
a combined Stones and Babs package will cause me to puke, let's hope Cohl doesn't ever let it go there...

They wouldn't ever do that. Well Mick might but Keith wouldn't allow it.
26th February 2007 12:54 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont know where you get this idea. None of the shows played in North America were played due to them being rescheduled from postponed shows from previous legs of the tour. The first US show on the entire tour that was postponed was Atlantic City on 27th October 2006. The cities they visited in 2006 were either in markets they hadnt played in before this tour or in cities where they felt the demand was strong enough to support additional shows. As they played over 80 shows in North America, I'd say that was quite obvious.

I don't know..... My last post, as this post, actually was more of a question. The show post-poned in October, 2006 was during the second US leg, which covered markets they did not hit the first pass I get that.....but when did they leave the country to do other shows and come back a third and forth time? Besides the Beacon (which was a special event)?

Now that's two actual legs in North America right? The first starting in Sept. 05 and the second in Sept. 06.

Isn't that the only two actual legs The US had? I have never heard of The Stones coming back to the U.S. four times under the run of one album? If you count No Security under Bridges this would still be only considered a third pass and was not 110% under Bridges Album but was kind-of a 50-50(hence the name)

Ian

Ian
26th February 2007 03:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Ian, there will be no more shows in the United States on this tour. End of discussion! As Gazza already stated, they’ve played 80 shows where you are and I think that’s more than enough. The only reason they are playing Europe this summer is because of Keith falling out of a coconut tree and they’ll probably add a few dates in key cities to make a few extra bucks.
26th February 2007 04:23 AM
IanBillen [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Ian, there will be no more shows in the United States on this tour. End of discussion! As Gazza already stated, they’ve played 80 shows where you are and I think that’s more than enough. The only reason they are playing Europe this summer is because of Keith falling out of a coconut tree and they’ll probably add a few dates in key cities to make a few extra bucks.

I never expected them to hit the States again. Like I said...how long can you drag a tour out?

But after this summer? What are they gonna do? Write and record? Could there be a new Stones album in 2008?
I am still getting my fill of A Bigger Bang. It never looses it's sting.

Ian
26th February 2007 09:44 AM
Some Guy Sir Stonesalot could have a field day.
26th February 2007 09:53 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sir Stonesalot could have a field day.

LOL...
26th February 2007 10:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
...The only reason they are playing Europe this summer is because of Keith falling out of a coconut tree and they�ll probably add a few dates in key cities to make a few extra bucks.

So this actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise?
And yes, Ian you're feeding Sir Stonesalot's list of quotes
[Edited by FotiniD]
26th February 2007 11:08 AM
jb Must make 500 million in order to win gross. Police pose a threat as they are selling out faster than "I love Obama " t-shirts.
26th February 2007 11:16 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Must make 500 million in order to win gross. Police pose a threat as they are selling out faster than "I love Obama " t-shirts.

26th February 2007 11:18 AM
egon I'm almost ready for the tour.
the house has been sold yesterday.
Now just left with 1 kidney, and then i'm (so) there!
26th February 2007 11:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I don't know..... My last post, as this post, actually was more of a question. The show post-poned in October, 2006 was during the second US leg, which covered markets they did not hit the first pass I get that.....but when did they leave the country to do other shows and come back a third and forth time? Besides the Beacon (which was a special event)?

Now that's two actual legs in North America right? The first starting in Sept. 05 and the second in Sept. 06.

Isn't that the only two actual legs The US had? I have never heard of The Stones coming back to the U.S. four times under the run of one album?

No offence, but when did you start following this tour?

They toured the US from Sept - Dec' 05 - then took about 6 weeks off

Jan- feb' 06 (then went to Latin America) and then back to the US in March before going to Japan and Australia

Then they did over 20 shows from September 2006.

Four separate trips to the US. Each with several shows.
26th February 2007 11:38 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
egon wrote:
I'm almost ready for the tour.
the house has been sold yesterday.
Now just left with 1 kidney, and then i'm (so) there!

Nice going, Egon! I knew you could do it, kid. Yer a true Stones fan! Hey, now that ya mention it, I'm not using that spare kidney either...hmmm...
26th February 2007 11:43 AM
gustavobala gazza, any chances to brazil and argentina in 2007 or 2008?

thanxs in advance
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)