ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most embarrasing Stones moment? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 26th, 2005 08:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bills dating/marrying Mandy Smith?
Mick's duet with Justin Timberlake?
Mick's accepting knighthood?

?????????????????????????????

February 26th, 2005 08:16 PM
glencar Lip synching "Let's spend some time together..."
February 26th, 2005 08:17 PM
exile I dont think Mick's accepting knighthood is embarrasing.....good on him.

I think its great

February 26th, 2005 09:57 PM
kath anybody seen my baby with the "rap" with bernard.....just awful.

dave matthews.
February 26th, 2005 10:00 PM
exile
BRIDGES TO BABYLON The entire album !
February 26th, 2005 11:45 PM
Mr Hess Mick tonguing Ronnie on SNL, 1978
February 27th, 2005 12:11 AM
Gazza Its only really appropriate to comment on events that I can actually remember at the time, so that automatically excludes atrocities like Satanic Majesties and Mick's outfit and general poncing about on the "Silver Train" promo video

So :

anything at all involving Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith. He simply came across as a pathetic dirty old man and her vile family as a loathesome shower of publicity seeking whores. Her mother was no better than the sort of parents you hear about in places like Thailand who sell their kids into prostitution.

Plus :

waiting 2 years after "Some Girls" (the album that really got me into the Stones big time) for the follow up single by the 'greatest rock n roll band in the world' - only to to have them treat us to a song that sounded like a fucking Bee Gees outtake.

I didnt find Mick's knighthood embarrassing at all because I think to portray the Stones - as they are now - as some bad-boy anti-establishment act is laughable in the extreme. (Had he accepted a knighthood 20 or 30 years ago, then yeah, I'd see the argument). It sure wasn't as embarrassing as Keith's infantile attention-seeking whining about it.

[Edited by Gazza]
February 27th, 2005 12:23 AM
Poplar
yep - Anybody Seen My Baby takes the cake
Timberlake is a close 2nd
40 Licks (the selection, and the edits on ER etc.)
The excessive presence of the "troupe" (chuck et al.)
the lack of material since since Tattoo You (Voodoo being the only one that's really good, BtoB is just ok)
February 27th, 2005 12:24 AM
BILL PERKS LIVE LICKS
February 27th, 2005 12:43 AM
gorda I think that the most embarrassing moment for the Stones has got to be the time when Mick and Keith were fighting! And, Keith said some nasty things to Mick through the media!

Couldn't they have settled their differences in private?

(I was not into the Stones during the time, but even reading about it now, it's just not right! Airing your dirty laundry in public like that.)
February 27th, 2005 04:13 AM
beer Timberlake duet

Live at the max (hate this with a passion)

Dirty work (ditto)

cockdance with Mr. Preston

Ronnie's playing circa Babylon tour

-

February 27th, 2005 05:08 AM
Zack Beer, why do you hate Live at the Max so?
February 27th, 2005 10:55 AM
Moonisup 4 shows of the European Licks tour
Keith Richards playing after 1999 ( I know you can't blame him, but OK)
Micheal Cohl/ The rolling stones INC.
the outtakes on FF
February 27th, 2005 12:54 PM
Egbert Yes, there've been a few E.M. - but at least they never opened for the Monkees:

Dirty Work album cover (actually EVERY post-Tattoo You cover, but DW in particular)

"Indian Girl"

The stage set ups from 1981 on (all overblown & tacky)

Being Mick (or whatever the TV "special" from around the time of Goddess In The Doorway's release was called - I think it was Being Mick)

Some of those Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra recordings from the early '60s - how gay

[Edited by Egbert]
February 27th, 2005 01:39 PM
Jumacfly 1/Justin Timberlake duet
2/the Dirty work suits LOL
3/Ronnie on BTB tour
4/the lack of imagination on last 3 tours :always b stage, always Keith singing a ballad and a rocker..
5/Voodoo Lounge VW golf...like Genesis or Bon Jovi :o:o:o
February 27th, 2005 04:20 PM
Joey

...Dirty Work

*** PHEW ***
February 27th, 2005 04:53 PM
keith_tif 1-Mick's Knighthood---> very sad
2-Duo Mick with Michael Jackson: "state of shock"
3-lack of creation for lasts albums since tatoo you
4-Stones are too much conformists now
5-They make any effort to do a album with take of risk

February 27th, 2005 05:25 PM
iluvmickjagger07 britney spears remaking "satisfaction". i wanted to rip off my ears when i heard it.
February 27th, 2005 05:41 PM
exile Where and when did Mick do a duet with Juntin Timberlake?
and what did they sing?
February 27th, 2005 06:51 PM
gotdablouse Keith, Ronnie and Dylan at Live Aid.
Sheryl Crow turning down Keith's "High and Low" for her latest studio album.
Listening to "Losing my Touch" for the first time.
February 27th, 2005 07:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
Where and when did Mick do a duet with Juntin Timberlake?
and what did they sing?

during the Stones' set at the SARS concert in Toronto in July 2003. On "Miss You".
February 27th, 2005 07:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:

during the Stones' set at the SARS concert in Toronto in July 2003. On "Miss You".

They did Timberlake's song too. Something about crying.

Not a good day.
February 27th, 2005 07:30 PM
Gazza yeah..a few bars of "cry me a river" during "Miss You"
February 27th, 2005 07:32 PM
lotsajizz when they became old enough so that new 'fans' forgot who the enemies of the Stones always are/were....hence the current ill-informed breed of right wing Stones "fans"....clearly none of them 1) lived through the 60's or 2) comprehended what they lived through
February 27th, 2005 07:33 PM
stonedinaustralia mick's lemon yellow tights circa '81

my question: did he come up with that idea himself or did he pay some "stylist" for it
February 27th, 2005 07:43 PM
MrPleasant How about "gymnastic Mick"?:

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-18-2003/138051-3.html
February 28th, 2005 01:39 AM
egon 40 licks tour edition
40 licks special edition
40 licks extra special edition
40 licks limited edition
the remixes on the singles from voodoo & bridges
the remix of sympathy
ticket prices
rs.com
February 28th, 2005 04:12 AM
Zack
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
mick's lemon yellow tights circa '81

my question: did he come up with that idea himself or did he pay some "stylist" for it

Not tights exactly, but American football pants, which are supposed to be filled with hip pads, thigh pads, and knee pads (inside, not outside!) I remember reading in my 81 tour book that he came up with the idea himself with the help of a female fashion advisor. Outside the rest of the uniform, though, the pants just looked ridiculous, especially when he wore the yellow goose-down coat on top. I think because most of the shows were in football stadiums, and the tour was during football season, he just got the brilliant idea to have a football theme, which also included jerseys from the home team at the various stadiums (he wore a Joe Theismann Redskins jersey at the show I saw). But for god's sake, those pants don't go with white pointy-toed oxford shoes! Far as fashion goes, it is by far the most embarrassing moment - a moment that lasted a whole tour! I think he even kept it up for the European leg of the tour the following summer.
February 28th, 2005 08:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels No one finds L'wren Scott embarassing? I don't personally but I thought someone might. I'm sure Mick could do better but WTF do I know, I leave all that shit to Cupid/Eros....and to that guy on the on the e-harmony.com tv ads.
February 28th, 2005 09:10 AM
Irresistible-Lady
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
britney spears remaking "satisfaction". i wanted to rip off my ears when i heard it.

Yes that's wat i wanted to say..
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood