ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Aussie Tour confirmed and on sale this friday Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th February 2006 02:53 PM
exile http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,18280568-7484,00.html

Stones set their dates
February 27, 2006

Still rolling ... Sir Mick and the boys in concert / AFP THE Rolling Stones have finally confirmed they will bring their A Bigger Bang world tour to Australia in April.

The veteran rockers' tight schedule, and the huge cost of staging the tour, dictates there will be only two concerts, in Sydney and Melbourne.
At Telstra Stadium on April 11, Sydney fans will experience the giant outdoor spectacular the Stones launched with a free concert for more than 2 million people in Rio de Janeiro last week.

The band will perform a more intimate arena show at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on April 13.

Their long-time Australian promoter, Paul Dainty, said there would be no opportunity to add extra shows to the tour.

Dainty expects the two concerts to sell out quickly when they go on sale this Friday.

More than 50,000 reserved seating tickets will be available for the Sydney concert, with prices to be confirmed in the next few days.
The Rolling Stones have never compromised on their state-of-the-art live productions.

There are 200 people on the tour, with as many as 40 trucks transporting the stage, lighting and sound equipment.

But the concerts will give fans a bigger bang for their bucks. The Stones will perform for more than 140 minutes and the set list is packed with greatest hits.

---------------------------------------------------
this is not a joke, I told you thy would come.
26th February 2006 02:59 PM
exile They're back - Stones on a roll
http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/the-stones-are-back/2006/02/26/1140888747530.html

February 27, 2006

The Rolling Stones first hit these shores in 1965 and almost four decades later, in February 2003, they stunned Australian audiences with their abiding passion for performance.

Now Sydney fans will have another chance to fork out half a week's pay to see them play.

Tickets for the April 11 concert will go on sale on Wednesday next week but people with Visa cards can buy online from Friday.

Paul Dainty, the local promoter of the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" world tour, said yesterday there was no chance that an extra concert would be added to the Australian leg.

But 50,000 tickets will go on sale for those who want to see the ageing rockers at Telstra Stadium.

In Melbourne the setting will be a little more intimate, with only about 13,000 tickets likely to go on sale for an April 13 performance at the Rod Laver Arena.

The price of tickets has yet to be confirmed but if the band's 2003 Australian Licks tour is an indication they could cost anything between $70 and $350, plus a booking fee.

Online purchases are likely to be limited to about six tickets per transaction to discourage scalpers.

The Australian visit is part of a Stones world tour that has so far given satisfaction to 1.2 million fans at 42 venues across North America and 2 million people at a free concert in Rio de Janeiro the weekend before last.

Last week there were clashes between hundreds of fans and police at the entrances to the Monumental soccer stadium in Buenos Aires, where Mick Jagger and his band performed.

Many believe the band's best songs were recorded at least 30 years ago. But Dainty said the Stones - most of whom are now aged over 60 - continued to raise the bar for live rock shows.

"There is just something about their live performances," he said.

"They are incredibly fit but they want to do it, and they still get a buzz out of it."

[Edited by exile]
26th February 2006 03:30 PM
exile so how do we get passcodes for fan club sales?
How has it worked outside the US in other countries?
26th February 2006 03:33 PM
J.J.Flash I was just lurking, and I thought it could be "valuable" if I at could register my happiness for you Aussie guys. You deserve a lot (see Australia 73 bootlegs standing as the best performances ever), no way Australia could be skipped, no way. I knew they were going to fill some gigs in their tight schedule for you guys. Congratulations Exile, Corgi, Daethgod, SIA, Gyspsymofo, et all.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
26th February 2006 03:37 PM
Gazza If youre a member of rs.com you'll get a notification of the presale date

You're limited to buying tickets (4 maximum) for one show in one country (so this will be good for either Melbourne or Sydney - I would imagine you would need a separate membership for the NZ shows..this is how it worked in Europe). If you dont/cant use it for, say, Melbourne, you should still be able to use it for Sydney and vice versa.

You can of course take out an additional membership if you want to secure pre-sale tickets for both shows. Your membership is refundable if you dont use the pre-sale code.

Check the FAQ/rules when you sign up to be 100% certain as they changed them when Europe went on sale, but I would imagine this system is good for the rest of the tour outside North America.

Oh, and when youre going for tickets - go for 'best available', which is not necessarily the same as the highest priced tickets. They keep the first ten rows or so reasonably priced - theyre the ones to go for. And keep refreshing even if nothing shows up for a few minutes. There will always be people passing on tickets that theyre offered and those seats being re-released minutes later.

I'm genuinely delighted you're getting some shows. Pity it wasnt a few more and in more cities, but it was beginning to look like it wasnt going to happen at all. I'm pleasantly surprised they decided to settle for an arena show in Melbourne after not being able to secure an outdoor venue.

I might be wrong, but it seems that (with the possible exception of Shanghai) Melbourne will be the smallest venue they're going to play on this entire tour
[Edited by Gazza]
26th February 2006 03:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I was just lurking, and I thought it could be "valuable" if I at could register my happiness for you Aussie guys. You deserve a lot (see Australia 73 bootlegs standing as the best performances ever), no way Australia could be skipped, no way. I knew they were going to fill some gigs in their tight schedule for you guys. Congratulations Exile, Corgi, Daethgod, SIA, Gyspsymofo, et all.

"Lurking" my ass! Good to see you back!
26th February 2006 03:42 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Lurking" my ass! Good to see you back!

Indeed, how did the exam go?
26th February 2006 03:43 PM
exile Thanks Gazza
Im already a memeber but was thinking of going to both shows. The original passcode is useless outside US. so just wait for the presale email. and it will tell us what to do.is that correct

Best available ok great thanks.

26th February 2006 03:45 PM
speedfreakjive what, so is there gonna be 1 or more gigs.
I'd get to the arena show>>>>
26th February 2006 03:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
Thanks Gazza
Im already a memeber but was thinking of going to both shows. The original passcode is useless outside US. so just wait for the presale email. and it will tell us what to do.is that correct

Best available ok great thanks.

yeah...

http://www.rollingstones.com/help/faqAnswer.php?faqID=145&catID=19

you should now apply for a refund for the US code, presuming you wont be using it

If you are going to register for the Aussie shows, I'd recommend you do it now, rather than just before the shows go on sale. That way you can ensure you have your pre-sale code heldo on your account details in good time in case theres any cock-ups (I missed out on the presale for Wembley #1 because of one..)

26th February 2006 03:53 PM
Flairville Hi! Before the tickets go on sale check what the prices are on the pitch or on the floor. For all the Euro and North America the first 5 or 10 rows at the front are amongst the cheapest seats available. Granted, they can be like goldust but they can be had. If you've got a passcode already copy it and paste it directly into the box provided when the tickets go on sale, this will save time and stop you making a mistake. Double check your code on RS.com before the on sale release. If you've got a pre 5/9 code you should have a great chance at amazing seats. Lastly, and I'm not condoning it but a lot of people used the 1 code to get 2 tickets to 1 show and 2 for another. Hope this all helps.
26th February 2006 03:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
what, so is there gonna be 1 or more gigs.
I'd get to the arena show>>>>

Two shows only

April 11 - Sydney (stadium)
April 13 - melbourne (arena)

Followed by two stadium shows in New Zealand (Auckland and Wellington as far as I'm aware)

I think Australia's population is about 5-6 times that of New Zealand, so the NZ shows will be a much easier ticket to get.
26th February 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Lastly, and I'm not condoning it but a lot of people used the 1 code to get 2 tickets to 1 show and 2 for another. Hope this all helps.

If anyone can get away with that good luck to them, although I wouldnt recommend it. Technically, they would be within their rights to invalidate your purchase, which would be a disaster.

Also goes without saying, that if you REALLY want to maximise your chances of getting tickets in the first ten rows, go for two tickets instead of four

26th February 2006 03:57 PM
Daethgod fsrk yer !
the boys are coming !

26th February 2006 04:00 PM
Flairville I forgot one last thing. If the best seats are very cheap, type in number of tickets (say, 4) then click on the price of those tickets (say, $99) and then click on 'Best Available' This will guarantee that if they are available you'll get a crack at them.
Not doing this can result in you being offered more expensive seats that are worse than the cheap, front row ones you want. During a ticket drop for Wembely if you just looked for 2 tickets without stating the price and best available options, you were offered row 12 for £150, if you put in 2 at £60, and best available you got row 6 for £90 less! Hope this makes sense?
26th February 2006 04:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Two shows only

April 11 - Sydney (stadium)
April 13 - melbourne (arena)

Followed by two stadium shows in New Zealand (Auckland and Wellington as far as I'm aware)

I think Australia's population is about 5-6 times that of New Zealand, so the NZ shows will be a much easier ticket to get.

Interesting dates. They would have had about two months off if they hadn't decided to go down under. This way they keep fresh with the first Euro date in Barcelona in early May. I'm really tempted to go to that one!!
26th February 2006 04:27 PM
Daethgod just got an email re presale for Visa card holders , doe sthat mean us rs.com members get in before they do ?

26th February 2006 04:29 PM
Flairville Visa card customers? Jesus that'll narrow it down, what nest, a presale for people with 2 eyes?
26th February 2006 04:38 PM
RSRTG My anger has subsided into pure happiness.
It would be great if you guys can keepme in the loop as far as pre sales of tickets go.
oh yeah, i'm happy!
26th February 2006 04:59 PM
Daethgod yer if its just the VISA presale that will suck.
VISA presale is 9am this Friday
heres hoping rs.com presale is Thurs

26th February 2006 05:19 PM
Joey

Congratulations on the gigs you guys .

BEST STONES YET !!!!!
26th February 2006 05:20 PM
glencar Congrats to all the Aussies & Kiwis! Let's hope you don't get Omaha'd!
26th February 2006 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Congrats to all the Aussies & Kiwis! Let's hope you don't get Omaha'd!

You shall NOT be greeted in Boca this fall .
26th February 2006 05:35 PM
corgi37 I cant give a stuff.

LIKE FUCK!! I might got to Sydney.
26th February 2006 05:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Interesting dates. They would have had about two months off if they hadn't decided to go down under. This way they keep fresh with the first Euro date in Barcelona in early May. I'm really tempted to go to that one!!

I'd suggest you check the tour dates again just before logging on to easyjet.com!

The European tour opens in Barcelona on May 27, not "early May"

They had always intended to take a month off before Europe. Nothing's really changed there!
26th February 2006 05:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
yer if its just the VISA presale that will suck.
VISA presale is 9am this Friday
heres hoping rs.com presale is Thurs

Theres always more than one presale - a fan club one plus a sponsor's one

In the US, they had presales for Ameriquest customers as well as venue pre-sales (presumably for season ticket holders etc)

In the UK, they had one for American Express customers who, without paying any fee like rs.com customers had to pay, were allowed to buy up to TWELVE tickets. Within seconds, hundreds were available on e-bay.

However, if the Visa sale is before the rs.com one, dont necessarily be sucked in. The Amex presales for the UK shows tended to have Ok seats, but not that many of the best ones. (eg, block B on the field instead of block A)Its a ruse to get rid of the most overpriced seats. I got the impression that many of the "free presales" for the US shows were based on the same concept. They rely on people's gullibility to panic-buy. When you find that the only thing available is a pair of seats halfway back on the flor or with a restricted side view yet theyre $450 or something, your instinct is to think "this is all I'm going to get. Its expensive but theres no alternative if I want to get in", so you buy them.

The whole thing is a complete circle jerk aimed at getting rid of ordinary seats at high prices. For the BEST seats at the most reasonable prices, your best bet is still most likely to be on a rs.com presale.
26th February 2006 06:12 PM
StickyFishFingers fantastic news - thanks also for all the tips re. rs.com
just gotta find the funds to get to at least one show.
26th February 2006 06:17 PM
Daethgod awesome
im a pre May 9 member so hope i get good seats

26th February 2006 06:36 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'd suggest you check the tour dates again just before logging on to easyjet.com!

The European tour opens in Barcelona on May 27, not "early May"

They had always intended to take a month off before Europe. Nothing's really changed there!

alright, alright
26th February 2006 06:41 PM
glencar We also had an AMEX presale in the USA. It's howe I bought most of my tix.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)