ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Professional wrestling returning to primetime (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2006 02:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WRESTLERS RETURNING TO PRIMETIME

Professional wrestling, which in the early days of television, was invariably included in the program line-ups of virtually every local TV station but which has not had a regular spot on any broadcast network in 13 years, is returning. NBC announced Wednesday that it had signed a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment to bring back Saturday Night's Main Event between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays, beginning March 18.

In a statement released by the network, WWE chief Vince McMahon said, "The original Saturday Night Main Event was a pop culture phenomenon with a rich history of big moments. We promise to make the new Main Event in prime time on NBC even bigger and better." Previously, the network had announced that it was moving its magazine show Dateline into the 8:00 hour on Saturdays from its current slot on Fridays.

23/02/2006

23rd February 2006 02:20 PM
Flairville Whoooo!!
23rd February 2006 02:23 PM
Break The Spell They always had some of the most creative spandex.
23rd February 2006 02:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Whoooo!!

Yeah...these guys are like Rock-Stars to some people.
23rd February 2006 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah...these guys are like Rock-Stars to some people.

When I was 8 years old, I used to work out with the "Hulk Hogan" workout kit (dumbells and poster included to go with motivational tape).

I only hope the Iron Sheik is invited back to avenge his losses from the 80's (see Nikolai Volkoff always losing the matches for them!)
23rd February 2006 02:45 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

When I was 8 years old, I used to work out with the "Hulk Hogan" workout kit (dumbells and poster included to go with motivational tape).

I only hope the Iron Sheik is invited back to avenge his losses from the 80's (see Nikolai Volkoff always losing the matches for them!)

Did the Hulk influence you in your cover band, with the cape and all? :}
23rd February 2006 02:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

ha! I can see Pugs hitting the stage at the local piss hole wearing the cape and head band.

hilarious!

Such a very 80s Night Ranger image!!
23rd February 2006 02:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Sadly no, we had long outgrown "the hulk" by that point. it would have been a nice reference point
23rd February 2006 03:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels VINCE MCMAHON SR.

VINCE MCMAHON JR.

ED MCMAHON

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
23rd February 2006 03:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly no, we had long outgrown "the hulk" by that point. it would have been a nice reference point

from the pictures on your website I'd say that your first mistake was ditching the Hulk Hogan workout kit but insisting on maintaining the Hulk goat tee.
23rd February 2006 03:06 PM
Break The Spell What contents did the Hulk work out kit have?? Sounds fascinating. :}
23rd February 2006 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
What contents did the Hulk work out kit have?? Sounds fascinating. :}

If I remember correctly, it contained:

one headband
one jumprope (child size)
two 5lb dumbells
a workout poster
a cassette tape
and a collector card

It would probably pitch a fortune on Ebay now
23rd February 2006 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

from the pictures on your website I'd say that your first mistake was ditching the Hulk Hogan workout kit but insisting on maintaining the Hulk goat tee.

Hulk never had a goatee, only a mustache
23rd February 2006 03:27 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

If I remember correctly, it contained:

one headband
one jumprope (child size)
two 5lb dumbells
a workout poster
a cassette tape
and a collector card

It would probably pitch a fortune on Ebay now

Yes, it may get Star Wars type $$. I'd love to have the headband. So was the tape Hulk giving motovational speeches about working out?? Priceless!!
23rd February 2006 04:59 PM
gimmekeef The WWE has no interesting characters anymore...Sure the babes are better but where the hell is:

Mankind
Fabulous Moolah
One Man Gang
Paul Bearer
Iron Shiek
Andre The Giant (dead I know)
Bobby The Brain Heenan
Classy Freddie Blassie
The British Bulldogs
Mr Fuji
The Bushwackers
Doink The Clown
Mr Wonderful
23rd February 2006 05:08 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The WWE has no interesting characters anymore...Sure the babes are better but where the hell is:

Mankind
Fabulous Moolah
One Man Gang
Paul Bearer
Iron Shiek
Andre The Giant (dead I know)
Bobby The Brain Heenan
Classy Freddie Blassie
The British Bulldogs
Mr Fuji
The Bushwackers
Doink The Clown
Mr Wonderful

yeah i agree i gave up on wrestling about four years ago its just gotten very stale and unexciting.
23rd February 2006 05:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
yeah i agree i gave up on wrestling about four years ago its just gotten very stale and unexciting.

Well, maybe they need a star to come down the pike and catch folks imaginations again.

I always liked...

George "The Animal" Steele (chicks loved him too)
The Exocutioner
Professsor Tanaka
Chief Jay Strongbow
Stonecold Steve Austin

Of course that was back in the good old days when it wasn't fake.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
23rd February 2006 05:57 PM
RollingstonesUSA The Rock(when he first started as Rocky Maivia)
Hulk Hogan
Hollywood Hogan
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Jeff Jarrett
Sting
23rd February 2006 06:12 PM
Flairville Got to have the highest death rate in any form of the entertainment business. Here's just some of who have gone long before their time was due;
Owen Hart
Mr Perfect Curt Hennig
Road Warrior Hawk
The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
Yokozuna
Ravishing Rick Rude
Eddie Guerrero
Texas Tornado
Flyin' Brian Pillman
Big Boss Man
Many more, but they're just off the top of my head

23rd February 2006 06:21 PM
glencar Now peerqueer will have something to watch on Saturday nights!
23rd February 2006 07:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels These wrestling fans even have message boards online. Some of those nuts spend hours at these sites. Whacked!
23rd February 2006 07:09 PM
the good
quote:
WRESTLERS RETURNING TO PRIMETIME

Professional wrestling, which in the early days of television, was invariably included in the program line-ups of virtually every local TV station but which has not had a regular spot on any broadcast network in 13 years, is returning. NBC announced Wednesday that it had signed a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment to bring back Saturday Night's Main Event between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays, beginning March 18.

In a statement released by the network, WWE chief Vince McMahon said, "The original Saturday Night Main Event was a pop culture phenomenon with a rich history of big moments. We promise to make the new Main Event in prime time on NBC even bigger and better." Previously, the network had announced that it was moving its magazine show Dateline into the 8:00 hour on Saturdays from its current slot on Fridays.

23/02/2006

This is the decline of American greatness. Who will be our Telemicus?
23rd February 2006 07:32 PM
glencar Betcha this doesn't last more than 2 months.
23rd February 2006 07:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Betcha this doesn't last more than 2 months.

Betcha wrong. The network and Vince will make a ton of money on this. Viewers are getting tired of reality shows and want something more stimulating.
23rd February 2006 07:38 PM
glencar Wrestling is stimulating? Maybe for hemmorhoids...
23rd February 2006 07:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wrestling is stimulating?

More so than Reality shows or "talent" type shows like Idol or Star Search. This type of wrestling is an art form....and Vince Jr is the artist.
23rd February 2006 07:48 PM
glencar The ratings will tell. I've never found wrestling the least bit interesting. Yet "Idol" is happening, um, mildly entertaining.
23rd February 2006 07:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
The ratings will tell. I've never found wrestling the least bit interesting.

Well I never did that much. One of my brothers was a big fan. I did get into it a bit when I found it amusing. But then again I've never really appreciated sculpture or ice dancing either. I do have a certain grudging respect for Vince Jr.'s accomplishments though.
23rd February 2006 08:25 PM
CleiK Cleik in Torontooooo

23rd February 2006 08:35 PM
the good
quote:

This type of wrestling is an art form....and Vince Jr is the artist.

Come on, man. Scam artist maybe.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)