ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Professional wrestling returning to primetime (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2006 08:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
the good wrote:

Come on, man. Scam artist maybe.

Maybe. But it all depends on how one looks at it. I don't think one can characterize it as a scam though. People buy their tickets eyes wide open. Vince gives 'em what they want...bread and circus's....he's a modern day P.T. Barnum and more. Thats no minor accomplishment.
23rd February 2006 09:22 PM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Maybe. But it all depends on how one looks at it. I don't think one can characterize it as a scam though. People buy their tickets eyes wide open. Vince gives 'em what they want...bread and circus's....he's a modern day P.T. Barnum and more. Thats no minor accomplishment.

Remember what old PT said. There's a sucker born every minute.
24th February 2006 08:50 PM
GhostofBrianJones Now I know Ric Flair quite well. He is a very nice person. I plan
to go back and see him when I can walk better. He is the coolest
next to BJ. Good person and a lot of fun. WHHOOOO!!!
24th February 2006 10:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Now I know Ric Flair quite well. He is a very nice person. I plan
to go back and see him when I can walk better. He is the coolest
next to BJ. Good person and a lot of fun. WHHOOOO!!!

OMG! You really know Ric Flair?! Wow! I am impressed.
24th February 2006 10:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

OMG! You really know Ric Flair?! Wow! I am impressed.

The wheeling dealing, kiss stealing, jet plane flying, limosuine riding, son of a gun himself?

I am also impressed. I fondly remember telling the "Macho Man" that Miss Elizabeth (RIP) was with the nature boy first!
25th February 2006 12:11 AM
GhostofBrianJones Yes indeed I really do know Ric Flair. I have a friend who works
for Vince McMahon and sees Ric all the time. I went to the
matches, the bars and other place and saw Ric. Did this from
1983 until 1997. I plan to go back and get some more kiss stealing, limo riding, son of a gun attention that only RF can give.

I swear the God!
25th February 2006 12:13 AM
gypsy
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Yes indeed I really do know Ric Flair. I have a friend who works
for Vince McMahon and sees Ric all the time. I went to the
matches, the bars and other place and saw Ric. Did this from
1983 until 1997. I plan to go back and get some more kiss stealing, limo riding, son of a gun attention that only RF can give.

I swear the God!

Wow! You are so cool! Ric Flair is a babe. He kissed you? You rode in his limo? Man, if that doesn't beat all!
25th February 2006 12:29 AM
GhostofBrianJones I hope you are not making fun of me Ms Gypsy. If you like him
fine, if not that is your free right. Yes and there is LOTS more,
but since I am treated like a renegade maybe I should not say
anything. As Young Joey says WORD!!
25th February 2006 12:35 AM
gypsy
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
I hope you are not making fun of me Ms Gypsy. If you like him
fine, if not that is your free right. Yes and there is LOTS more,
but since I am treated like a renegade maybe I should not say
anything. As Young Joey says WORD!!

No. I don't know why you would think that. I think Ric Flair is cool.
25th February 2006 09:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot I like Ric because he is the best bleeder in the biz. He makes me laugh. I like it when people make me laugh.

I like Triple H because he had Motorhead do his intro music.

I like George "The Animal" Steel because he used to set himself on fire. And he didn't shave his body.

I went to a travel school that was located in half of a hotel in Harrisburg PA(yeah, real high tech...but I got a job as soon as I graduated, so what do I care.). When the then WWF was at Hershey Arena(the same arena that Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a NBA game)some of the wrestlers stayed in the hotel on the other side of the school.

As I was leaving school to go for lunch, just as I was unlocking my car, I hear this..."Hey, Hey buddy! Hold up!" The funny thing was that I instantly recognized the voice. It was none other than Randy "Macho Man" Savage. And he was jogging over towards me. I didn't know what the fuck was up...how the hell did I piss this guy off?...why was he running towards me?...am I going to die in a minute or two?

Anyhow, in a fit of courage, or perhaps just blind stupidity, I decided to hold my ground. So Savage gets up to me and says, "Hey, do you know this area?" I immediately sighed in relief...he was not gonna kill me. So I say, "Yeah a little, I'm not from here, but I know my way around..." So he says, "Great, do you know somewhere close to here where you can get a couple of beers with lunch?" I say..."Yeah, Rod's Roadhouse. I'm headed there myself so you can follow me if you want." He says, "Great. Lemme go get the other guys. It'll be just a minute, OK?" I say, "Yeah, fine. I wait for you over by the big sign."

So a couple of minutes later he pulls up behind me in his Hertz rental(it had one of those yellow Hertz plates on the front...I ain't psychic, just observent.), and follows me the mile and a half to Rod's. As I was going inside, I see Savage waving at me to come over to him, so I did. He says, "I really appreciate you leading the way man. Are you meeting someone here or are you alone?" I say, "I'm by myself...I don't really like the people in my class, so I try to avoid them as much as possible." Savage laughed and said, "Well, you can sit with us if you want...", and as he was saying that, out of the car tumble, first, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhardt, and out of the back, Hacksaw Jim Dugan(played for the 49ers at one time), and some guy I didn't recognize...Leaping Lanny Poffo. Turns out that Lanny was Randy's brother.

Anyhow, I ate lunch with them(I turned them on to Rod's chili...it was good stuff...and they all had several bowls), and they even picked up my check. They were gonna stay and have a couple more beers, but I had to get back to class. So I made sure that they knew how to get back to the hotel, and I left.

That's the only Pro Wrestler story that I got.
25th February 2006 12:23 PM
GhostofBrianJones Good story Sir Stonesalot. Most of them are like that. Nice and
very sociable. I enjoyed that a lot. Thanks.
25th February 2006 12:28 PM
glencar Did Brian Jones like pro wrestling?
25th February 2006 02:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot It would be my guess that Brian Jones was totally oblivious to pro wrestling.

Bob Dylan, however, was not. He claims(who knows if any of what Dylan claims is really true or just more myth making) that a chance encounter with Gorgeous George put the seed in his mind about being a performer.

25th February 2006 03:33 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did Brian Jones like pro wrestling?

He liked having unprotected sex. Does that count?
25th February 2006 07:39 PM
GhostofBrianJones Brian and ten billion other guys do not like condums. They claim
they cannot feel anything. Back in the Sixties condums were not
emphasized with sex like they are now. Guys and girls were NOT
supposed to have pre-marital sex Ha Ha Ha.

No he never paid any attention to it. It was not that popular like
today. Brian was Blues, Rhythm and Blues and loved and made
music and love and more music.
25th February 2006 07:41 PM
glencar Wa-wa-wait...Brian STILL doesn't like condoms? And you know this - how?
25th February 2006 08:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
HAYSTACK CALHOUN
25th February 2006 09:09 PM
GhostofBrianJones Well let's see here. When Brian was alive he may have used
condums, but during that era most guys were just pulling out,
or the woman used some kind of OTC birth control. All my years
I have always heard that guys HATE condums. Now if I am wrong
I will gladly stand corrected. Should we take a poll?
26th February 2006 03:13 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

HAYSTACK CALHOUN

is my uncle
26th February 2006 03:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wa-wa-wait...Brian STILL doesn't like condoms? And you know this - how?

She was talking about "condums," not to be confused with "condoms."
26th February 2006 04:35 PM
Highwire Rob ...Not to be confused with conundrums--they're really tricky for us guys to get out of the package and unraveled while maintaining the mood...

-----------------------

But speaking of wrestlers, when I was a lad these legends made my stay in England so entertaining in the late 70s and early 80s. R.I.P. in the Big Grappling Ring in the Sky guys:

Hey JB! Good thing for you that GIANT HAYSTACKS isn't still living and healthy--he was a friend of Sir Paul McCartney!

Shirley Crabtree a.k.a. BIG DADDY!
27th February 2006 08:05 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Did the Hulk influence you in your cover band, with the cape and all? :}

He couldn't. Hulk Hogan (The guy with the 24 inch pythons) never wore a cape. When he broke through in the early eighties he used the yellow trunks and the yellow Hulkamania shirt, which he ripped to bits before a fight(Sometimes in the very early years he used white trunks). He used the trademark gear from Wrestlemania 1 up to 8 (In Wrestlemania 9 where he comes in to help Bret Hart he wears mostly red Hulkamania clothes).

If you wanna see the best Hulk Hogan matches (He is wthout a doubt the best wrestler ever. Better than all the new sucking lads like The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin) check out all his Wrestlemania matches from 1 to 9. In 1 he meets The Iron Sheik (I think), in 2 he meets King Kong Bundy in a cage match, in 3 he meets Andre The Giant (From Pontiac Silverdome where the WWF broke the Stones' indoor attendance record. Jesse Ventura says so), in Wrestelmania 4 he's with Macho Man (I think) against someone that I don't know. In 5 it's Macho man, in 6 it's the ultimate warrior (Boring match), 7 it's sgt. slaughter (SO funny with all the USA vs. Iraq hints ), in 8 it's against Sid Vicious and in 9 it's against Yokozuna (Originally it's Yokozuna vs breat hart).

And two other great matches are: The Undertaker vs. Yokozuna from Royal Rumble 1994 and the Hell In A Cell Match featuring Undertaker vs. Mankind.

And check out The British Bulldog's match against Bret Hart at Summerslam 1992.
27th February 2006 09:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

He couldn't. Hulk Hogan (The guy with the 24 inch pythons) never wore a cape. When he broke through in the early eighties he used the yellow trunks and the yellow Hulkamania shirt, which he ripped to bits before a fight(Sometimes in the very early years he used white trunks). He used the trademark gear from Wrestlemania 1 up to 8 (In Wrestlemania 9 where he comes in to help Bret Hart he wears mostly red Hulkamania clothes).

If you wanna see the best Hulk Hogan matches (He is wthout a doubt the best wrestler ever. Better than all the new sucking lads like The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin) check out all his Wrestlemania matches from 1 to 9. In 1 he meets The Iron Sheik (I think), in 2 he meets King Kong Bundy in a cage match, in 3 he meets Andre The Giant (From Pontiac Silverdome where the WWF broke the Stones' indoor attendance record. Jesse Ventura says so), in Wrestelmania 4 he's with Macho Man (I think) against someone that I don't know. In 5 it's Macho man, in 6 it's the ultimate warrior (Boring match), 7 it's sgt. slaughter (SO funny with all the USA vs. Iraq hints ), in 8 it's against Sid Vicious and in 9 it's against Yokozuna (Originally it's Yokozuna vs breat hart).

And two other great matches are: The Undertaker vs. Yokozuna from Royal Rumble 1994 and the Hell In A Cell Match featuring Undertaker vs. Mankind.

And check out The British Bulldog's match against Bret Hart at Summerslam 1992.

WM 1 was Hogan/Mr. T vs Orndorf/Piper
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)