ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From the archive of "Instituto Geográfico de Agostini"
Book provided by Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Grammy's.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-24-03 07:23 AM
steel driving hammer The acts for the Best Non Supporting Role goes to...

France and Germany.

02-24-03 07:41 AM
Nellcote Are you referring to the Axis of Weasels?
02-24-03 07:46 AM
steel driving hammer Yep that and French Whine.
02-24-03 07:50 AM
Maxlugar Norah Jones is delicious.

END TRANSMISSION.

02-24-03 08:03 AM
Boomhauer Does she have any good songs?

"You think I give a damn about a Grammy?"
02-24-03 09:18 AM
Maxlugar Songs?

She has songs?

Who cares?

She's real cute.
02-24-03 09:35 AM
Soul Survivor Norah Jones is cute. I think shes related to Rabi Shankar (how ever your spell his name).

Her biggest hit is called "Don't Know Why". It's pretty catchy

Shes really unique. Unlike other teen/20's acts, she isnt all bubble gum pop. Shes more of a mix between jazz and pop. Check her out. She aint that bad. I think shell be around for a while...
02-24-03 09:40 AM
steel driving hammer Never even heard the bitch sing.

But thanks for the heads up, I'll get her disc today and see what all the fuss is about.

02-24-03 09:45 AM
GimmeExile The tribute to Joe Strummer was incredible. The energy and passion that Dave Grohl, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen and Steven Van Zandt poured into "London Calling" made the song fresh and alive again...
02-24-03 09:47 AM
LadyJane Why is it that every year the Grammy's select a "golden child" and shower them with every award (Alicia Keyes, Laryn Hill, Bonnie Raitt, etc). Not that Ms. Jones isn't talented, but it makes for a boring show, which is why I never bother to watch? VCR taping is always a must since the performances are usually pretty good!

Awesome performance of "London Calling". Gotta admit that seeing Springsteen, Costello, Van Zandt and Grohl rip it up was a treat.

Nice to see Solomon Burke finally nail a Grammy!

Is it just me or did Sheryl Crow appear to be going for the J.Lo. look?? At least when she performed with Kid Rock.

LadyJ.

02-24-03 09:52 AM
Maxlugar As long as that stupid jerky Advil Levine didn't win anything.

That is one unappealing chick.

MACKY!!! +!

02-24-03 09:58 AM
Nellcote Sorry, but give me Averil over Norah.
My seven year old jams to Averil constantly.
Norah who? One song, she gets the whole enchilada? Please.. And, where was her dad Ravi, still playing Bangla Dun?
Will someone tell Fred Durst, Sheryl Crow that they are so over it's pathetic!
02-24-03 09:58 AM
Joey Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ...................

I have a question regarding last evening's Grammy Show ................

Why all the fuss over Maurice Gibb's passing and not John Entwistle's passing ????

I mean , since when has leaving this orb in one's own hospital bed surpassed that of leaving this orb in the arms of a " Coked - up " hooker in a Vegas hotel room ????

I mean , come on people , the man was the " Greatest Player EVER to pick up the Bass " ..............he had a family too ...............Where was his son -- up there on stage , clasping Dad's " Achievement Award " and saying , " Right on pop --- you went out in style ! I love ya !!!!!! " Huh ???

Please ...............I's justs gots to knows -- Where is the love around here ????????????

Stones !

Jacky boy !

02-24-03 10:11 AM
steel driving hammer Good point Joey!

Maybe cause Marrice died of natural causes and Whistle died of drugs.

They don't want drug related isses at the Grammys now do they?

LOL.

That wouldn't be prudent at that juncture...

By the way, this picture Jeb Bush after the Stones were not nominated for the Best Live Concert of the Year award...
02-24-03 10:15 AM
Joey " By the way, this picture Jeb Bush after the Stones were not nominated for the Best Live Concert of the Year award... "

Steelie , you make Joey smile !

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with my erect nipples !

{{{ J KINS }}}}}}}
02-24-03 10:16 AM
telecaster Folks. The Stones have never won a Grammy (except that pathetic lifetime award).

Milli Vanilli has won a Grammy for their work

WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING THE GRAMMY'S?

I want answers people
02-24-03 10:20 AM
Maxlugar If Joey steals anymore of my stuff I will retire!

That's it!!!!

MACKY!!! + one more !

02-24-03 10:20 AM
steel driving hammer I didn't watch it you bastard! LOL!
02-24-03 10:24 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
If Joey steals anymore of my stuff I will retire!

That's it!!!!

MACKY!!! + one more !

Don't you DARE pull a Keno on me now Max!
02-24-03 10:29 AM
Joey " If Joey steals anymore of my stuff I will retire!

That's it!!!! "

Max , You make Joey shudder !!!!!!

I will break out !!!!!!!

J.

P.S. I thought you were on the cusp of another " Creative Streak " circa " Queens ' 99 - '00 " ??? Well ???? .................We're waiting ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !

" Help Me Ronnie , Help Help Me Ronnie "

Caddy Joe !

02-24-03 10:38 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I didn't watch it you bastard! LOL!

Neither did I. There is an award for best live show at the Grammy's? Who won it?

02-24-03 10:41 AM
Maxlugar I bet you'd love to see that!

You're a hack and always will be a hack!

Hacky Hack the Hacky Sack!

02-24-03 10:43 AM
Martha I watch the Grammy's for the surprise performances and last night certainly gave me at least two that was worth the video tape it took to capture it(I haven't seen the entire show yet though was away doing my burn time for the 5 of Clubs). It was incredible and moving to me to have Simon and Garfunkle reunite for the opening of the show...I LOVED that !

And the tribute to Joe Strummer was just incredible..I hope Sir Stonesy and Gazza saw it.

The Boss won his first Grammy....and that is cool too.

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter.

I agree LadyJane it seems a bit OTT to give one person so much attention especially when they have a bahzillion categories so they could spread the love around a bit more...but they focus on just one ingenue. Go figure.

Solomon Burke and B.B. King each won so that's cool with me!
02-24-03 10:49 AM
luxury1 Will someone please post a pic of Bruce in the "hairpiece?" I have to see this for myself. Has anyone else besides me ever see Miami Steve Little Steven Van Zandt without his scarves wrapped around his head?? yeeewwww.
02-24-03 10:49 AM
Boomhauer What was the guy from Limp Bizkit doing there? I just saw a clip of him on FOX News.

Isn't that band.............done, finito, kaput, zero, gone, nipped in the bud, off their 15 minutes of fame?

I don't get how some of these musicians "hang around", when they have done nothing productive.
02-24-03 11:01 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Will someone please post a pic of Bruce in the "hairpiece?" I have to see this for myself. Has anyone else besides me ever see Miami Steve Little Steven Van Zandt without his scarves wrapped around his head?? yeeewwww.

Can't find him yet, but here's Aretha "Fried Chicken" Franklin.

02-24-03 11:03 AM
jb I would really like to fuck Kylie M...what a piece of ass!!!
02-24-03 11:05 AM
Joey " I would really like to f$%k Kylie M...what a piece of ass!!! "

Josh , forget it !!!!!! She's a Carpet Muncher !

{{{{ JOEY NICKS }}}}}}}

02-24-03 11:07 AM
jb 1/2 JEWISH?
02-24-03 11:07 AM
telecaster Aretha hasn't missed a meal
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST