ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE COMPLETE LICKS LIVE ==> LICKED ALL OVER ==> ART INCLUDED NOW Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-11-04 07:09 PM
Gazza If someonein Europe can help to take on Peter as an extra leaf, please contact us.
02-11-04 08:37 PM
violentkind P Check your PM
02-12-04 02:21 PM
P
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If someonein Europe can help to take on Peter as an extra leaf, please contact us.

Thanks for the "calling all stars" Gazza,
much appreciated
P
[Edited by P]
02-13-04 09:12 AM
littleDave i checked my email and there was nothing there. Gazza can u let the australian branch people know. i'm also having major problems with my pc & im going to have to format the hard drive this weekend, so it's probably best if im not included this time around. sorry to stuff you around.

dave
02-13-04 02:44 PM
Gazza hang in there.

Your branch wont have his discs for a couple of weeks yet anyway so theres no rush

its up to YOU to contact your branch. His e-mail is:
[email protected]
02-13-04 03:16 PM
Factory Girl I contacted my branch, but have not heard back yet.
02-13-04 03:23 PM
Gazza Katie/FG

Scott e-mailed me today to say he'd been out of town for a few days. I've just e-mailed him his part of the tree structure again half an hour ago as he was unable to open the attachment so now he's aware of who his leaves are on this tree. Hopefully you should get a reply very soon now that he's back home..
02-13-04 05:19 PM
Factory Girl Gazza,

02-16-04 12:35 AM
ResidentMule hey gazza - what's the latest on the discs? have the seeds gotten them yet?
02-16-04 04:33 PM
celtic stone Dont suppose someone in this tree would be willing to do a blanks +postage for this set. I dont have a burner so I cant copy again, sorry!
Someone in europe would be best.

Amazing work Madafaka!!!!
02-16-04 05:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK...lemme nip something in the bud right now.

I don't want to see any bitching about how much time this is taking. Max put the discs into the mail to all of us seeds last week. He lives in Argentina. I don't know how long mail takes to get to the US or Ireland or Wherever from Argentina...but I'm sure it will be more than a week....so that means that the discs won't even reach the seeds till NEXT week at the earliest. And that is being optimistic.

This is a big set...8 discs. I don't know about the rest of you, but to ensure good quality burns, I burn at a slow speed. No more than 4X. That means each disc takes about 30-40 minutes to copy. So it's gonna be around 6-7 hours PER SET! I have 5 sets to get out, and a life besides. I'm looking at 30-35 hours of burn time. That's almost a full work week! I'm shooting to have all sets in the mail not more than 7 days from when I get the discs. I think that's a pretty fair turn around time, all things considered. Now, with all that in mind...I doubt that this gets down to the branches before March....and that is only if no major snags pop up, and the mail doesn't drag things down.

I know that this tree stuff is all new to many of you. That's why I'm getting this all out in the open now. Trust me, the people running this tree know what they are doing. If a problem creeps up...and they almost always do...don't panic. Just jot off an email to Gazza or I and we'll get it fixed as quickly as possible. Don't come to the board and post a whiney message. That really pissed me off last time.

You gotta remember people, that the folks who are making this tree go for all of you are doing this FOR FREE. The discs you will be getting are FREE(well ok not completely free, the cost of 8 blanks and postage is pretty cheap!). IMO, it takes a lot of cajones to complain about the time it takes for you to get your FREE stuff, when the alternative could be that you don't get it at all. I understand that this is a great set, and you are all jacked up to hear it. That's really cool. Just please be cool with your tree admins...we will all bust our asses to get your discs to you as soon as possible.

For my part, I'll be emailing my branches to set things up either tonight or tomorrow. If I get a bounce, I'll use the PM function here at Rocks Off.

I also want to praise Max for his efforts on this wonderful set, and thank him kindly for sharing the fruit of his labor with all of us. It was obviously a labor of love on his part, and he should be highly commended for his effort. Gazza also gets a big pat on the back for getting this project organised and a tree structure up. It's folks like Max & Gazza that make Rocks Off THE BEST Stones Board on this or any other planet.
02-16-04 10:26 PM
ResidentMule I think everyone here is very grateful for all the effort everyone has put into this. i didn't ask out of impatience, sorry of it sounded that way. just now that my leaves have all contacted me, i would like to keep them as well updated as i possibly can, so that's why i asked. i appreciate everyone who's doing their part to spread this around, and want to help to make it go as smoothly as possible, otherwise i wouldn't have offered to be a branch
[Edited by ResidentMule]
02-16-04 11:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot I didn't mean to point anyone out Mule. Sorry if it looked that way.

I was speaking to all of our tree participants.

I kinda got fed up with some of the bitchin and moanin last time out, and I didn't want to run into the same situation again.

Check your email.
02-16-04 11:33 PM
ResidentMule i didn't know exactly who or what you were referring to, especially since i wasn't around to the last tree you speak of - i just wanted to make sure i wasn't misunderstood & that i was only interested because i wanted to keep communication flowing as much as possible.
when i bring up the time factor, its not out of being a rush - its just a slight concern that it, as you say this things won't likely be finding their way around til march - and i'm a college student so my entire schedule revolves around spring break, I may want to give people my home address rather than campus address to better serve my leaves - so you see how the more communication and clarity, the better.
just wanted to say that i wouldn't imply that Madafaka, Gazza or the seeds were doing a less than excellent job
02-16-04 11:38 PM
ResidentMule don't see an email yet. my service might just be slow or something. if you wanna try it again, my email is [email protected] in case you typed it wrong
02-17-04 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I typed it wrong. Sent it again.

Since I'm your seed I'll clue you in on how I do things. If I have info for my section of the tree, you will get email. If I have nothing to tell you, I won't hit the send button. I believe in good lines of communication, but I'm not one to send out email unless it is needed. It's a waste of time.
02-18-04 02:03 AM
Taptrick SPIT DON'T MAKE BABIES

Looks like You Already have a name but I was just thinking this would have worked well.
02-19-04 01:30 PM
P Just wanted to thank you all, madafaka for making and sharing the compilation, Gazza for getting me in as late leaf, and off course all seeds 'n branches.
Patience is a virtue, the reward rocks.
The artwork alone got me thrilled to the max
[P on his knees, we're not worthy, we're not worthy]
02-23-04 06:13 PM
Gazza I got my discs from Madafaka this morning. Once I've checked them out, I'll burn the copies for my branches and send them out.
Page: 1 2 3 4

BEST VIEWED HIGH