ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They've outdone themselve again - DISASTER in Rio Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 18th, 2006 04:57 AM
erikjjf The stage is just right for this event.
February 18th, 2006 06:28 AM
Jumping Jack Only girlie men whine, LOL!!!
February 18th, 2006 06:39 AM
corgi37 Wow, that is very bright! Everything will look cool when the lights a are down.

Fingers crossed they have something special for Sympathy. I'm thinking fire breathers, dancers & maybe Luciana on a big float with those lovely Mummy tits swaying around.
February 18th, 2006 10:19 AM
stonzed did you ever wake up to find...
February 18th, 2006 10:28 AM
gorda I think that the Stones are going to perform with Gilberto Gil! I just know it!

I hope they do a Bob Marley song!

"Could You Be Love" would be a good one!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT . . . on video . . . BUT I WILL ENJOY IT!

P.S. Of course, there's going to be half-naked chicks dancing! This is Brazil after all! People around the world would be disappointed if there weren't!
February 18th, 2006 10:38 AM
Wayneowl Is there a webcam?
February 18th, 2006 11:39 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I was fearing disaster at this event and I am already right...

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060217/114021618000.html

take a look at that stage!!!

Its lamer than the inflatable flowered Scoobee Doo tongue!!!

lamer than the 81 back drop

Jeezus Christmas!!! Did they build that stage for the Stones or for Gloria Estaban and The Miami Sound Machine????!!!!????!!?!?!

FUCK!! THIS IS GOING ON THE DVD!!!! Its gonna look like a Brazilian Gay Mardis Gras!!!

we can only hope for a Tsnunami to come and tear the stage down

Sway is awfully quiet tonight. Maybe he is cleaning up after Rich Robinson, who probably shit all over himself after seeing the Stones blow away a million +.

60+ years old and they still dwarf any other band out there. Fucking unbelievable.

Folks don't worry, when this Stones tour is over, the Black Crowes will be coming to a high school near you.

wintah,
February 18th, 2006 11:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
winter wrote:

Sway is awfully quiet tonight. Maybe he is cleaning up after Rich Robinson, who probably shit all over himself after seeing the Stones blow away a million +.

60+ years old and they still dwarf any other band out there. Fucking unbelievable.

Folks don't worry, when this Stones tour is over, the Black Crowes will be coming to a high school near you.

wintah,

you are a great poster!
February 18th, 2006 11:49 PM
winter
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are a great poster!

Pug, I am honored to be in the same thread as you. You are a posting savant.

wintah,

February 19th, 2006 01:12 AM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

No.

I just took another look at that awful stage and I can confirm that I am not out of touch. That shit is cheesy.

Sorry, but I dont buy your logic. If they play in Venice, Italy should the stage have giant gondolas rising out of it?? No, of course not.

The Super Bowl stage was amazing. It was the Stones. It screamed "Stones". This doesnt say Stones.

It's a cultural thing, you wouldn't understand.
I think you're taking the stage thing far too seriously.
February 19th, 2006 05:34 AM
corgi37 And Gypsy, he hasnt posted since the blessed event!
February 19th, 2006 06:00 AM
Jumping Jack Once again, he has been HUMILIATED!!!
February 19th, 2006 10:45 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

When Meatloaf said he'd do anything for love, but he won't do that, he was talking about looking Joey directly in the eye.

Image hosting by Photobucket
World-class posting!
February 19th, 2006 10:51 AM
Saint Sway the stage looked good in the dark.

it frightened me in the daylight on friday. It came off good though. All is well.
February 19th, 2006 07:28 PM
texile
quote:
gorda wrote:

I like it!

P.S. One of the things that I like about Latin America is that the buildings are all painted in these bright colors! Hot pink and lime-green houses!

true - maybe this is what the stones were going for...
but amid all the bright colored houses, political grafitti etc...it has a coolness.
but it's still cheesy.
saint, the term 'gay' is so intermediate school - but other than, i agree with everything you said.
can we have a little objectivity here -
what's wrong with saying it's cheesy..
the stones made too much money off of us to be politely diplomatic about thier choices....
February 19th, 2006 07:30 PM
texile oh, and i didn't mean to imply those brightly colored buildings in latin america were cheesy - just the stones...
the latins do it with flair ..
February 19th, 2006 11:16 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
winter wrote:

wintah,

AMEN

February 20th, 2006 03:31 AM
Jumacfly they should quit right now.
February 20th, 2006 03:46 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the stage looked good in the dark.

it frightened me in the daylight on friday. It came off good though. All is well.

Should this latest post be considered your bringing out the broom to "clean" it up post?

February 20th, 2006 03:17 PM
kath
quote:
No. I would recommend that you quit complaining though.

no shit.....

bitch bitch bitch.....

HUGE venue.....HUGE show......

GREAT show!!!

what gypsy said......
February 21st, 2006 08:59 AM
Joey

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!

.....absolutely UNBELIEVABLE Stones !

Jersee'
February 21st, 2006 10:46 AM
tumbling dice I saw them ten times before.It was the worst stage ever,even Urban Jungle was more rich and beaultiful.The sound was a disgrace very low,but on TV it was very good.Buenos Aires will be better.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)