ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They've outdone themselve again - DISASTER in Rio Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 17th, 2006 04:12 PM
Saint Sway I was fearing disaster at this event and I am already right...

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060217/114021618000.html

take a look at that stage!!!

Its lamer than the inflatable flowered Scoobee Doo tongue!!!

lamer than the 81 back drop

Jeezus Christmas!!! Did they build that stage for the Stones or for Gloria Estaban and The Miami Sound Machine????!!!!????!!?!?!

FUCK!! THIS IS GOING ON THE DVD!!!! Its gonna look like a Brazilian Gay Mardis Gras!!!

we can only hope for a Tsnunami to come and tear the stage down
February 17th, 2006 04:25 PM
keefjunkie "The city is deploying 10,000 police officers about three times the usual contingent for New Year's as well as 600 firefighters, civil defense workers and lifeguards, said Ana Maria Maia, Rio's subsecretary of special events."

10,000 police offficers, 2 million people

something is going to go terribly terribly wrong
February 17th, 2006 04:26 PM
gypsy
February 17th, 2006 04:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
"The city is deploying 10,000 police officers about three times the usual contingent for New Year's as well as 600 firefighters, civil defense workers and lifeguards, said Ana Maria Maia, Rio's subsecretary of special events."

10,000 police offficers, 2 million people

something is going to go terribly terribly wrong

thankfully the band has a direct bridge to their hotel...i hope and pray that our friends from Rocks off/Shidoobee enjoy themselves and are safe.
February 17th, 2006 04:37 PM
Saint Sway WORST STONES STAGE EVER

even if all goes as planned and the crazy Brazilian mobs beat Bono like a pinatta... still this stage is too much of an embarrasment for others to see. Add in Mick's Liberace gold jackets and Stones haters will have a field day with ths. The show MUST NOT be captured for prosterity on a dvd!
February 17th, 2006 04:50 PM
gypsy Brazilians are a bit flashy, and I don't mean that in a negative way. I think the stage is probably just right for the venue.
February 17th, 2006 04:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Brazilians are a bit flashy

so would you recomend that Mick wears the pink glitter jacket with matching top hat?
February 17th, 2006 04:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Cooooooooooooooooool!!
February 17th, 2006 05:00 PM
Paranoid_Android A Free concert in the TROPICS...
on a WORLD RENOWNED beach...
10 days away from the MOST FAMOUS MARDI GRAS/CARNIVAL in the world...
a beach w/ the most BEAUTIFUL people in the world (guys & girls)...

the stage is JUST RIGHT!!!

The Stones are about FLASH FLASH FLASH...who else has press conferences w/ trains...blimps...etc just to make yet another tour INTO a full blown media event?!?

As far as this becoming ALTAMONT 2006...LET'S JUST HOPE NOT!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
February 17th, 2006 05:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

so would you recomend that Mick wears the pink glitter jacket with matching top hat?

No. I would recommend that you quit complaining though.
February 17th, 2006 05:07 PM
Saint Sway what did you write Gypsy. I cant see!!! I was blinded by the stage!

WARNING: DO NOT LOOK AT THE STAGE!

LOOK AWAY!!!

LOOK AWAY!!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
February 17th, 2006 05:14 PM
J.J.Flash Thanks for your positive comments Sway. Always respected you, but lately you seem not to show the same respect for brazilians.

Thanks. I'm leaving anyway.
February 17th, 2006 05:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

No. I would recommend that you quit complaining though.

you are perhaps one of the classiest women I have had the priviledge of posting/chatting with.
February 17th, 2006 05:25 PM
pdog Mick should wear a red thong and angel wings made out of pink and purple feathers...
Is Billy Preston available for a cock dance?
February 17th, 2006 05:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Mick should wear a red thong and angel wings made out of pink and purple feathers...
Is Billy Preston available for a cock dance?

a striking wardrobe to say the least...this sounds very much like what Joey wore to the brand spanking new Quest Center (best stones yet Ronnie!)
February 17th, 2006 05:36 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

a striking wardrobe to say the least...this sounds very much like what Joey wore to the brand spanking new Quest Center (best stones yet Ronnie!)

When Meatloaf said he'd do anything for love, but he won't do that, he was talking about looking Joey directly in the eye.
February 17th, 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway JJ, you misunderstand. I have great respect and love for Brazil and all Brazilians.

However, I cant say that I have any respect for this stage design. Others seem to love it. I dont. I blame the Stones. They are old and out of touch in their knowledge of whats cool.

I wish you well and the best of luck in your future endeavors

sorry you cant make the show
February 17th, 2006 05:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

When Meatloaf said he'd do anything for love, but he won't do that, he was talking about looking Joey directly in the eye.

SOME FOLKS should really take note of how we post...there is a lot that can be learned from us...everytime I think we cannot post any better....we surpass our own mark.

I liken us to those guys sitting in the large, elevated chairs in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure when they travel to the future. Joey is our "Socrates" (Pronounced SO CRATES)
February 17th, 2006 05:39 PM
luvcharlie It isn't my favorite stage ever, but I don't think it's THAT bad. Definitely colorful and different...
February 17th, 2006 05:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Thanks for your positive comments Sway. Always respected you, but lately you seem not to show the same respect for brazilians.

Thanks. I'm leaving anyway.

mind him no attention, he once was good to have around, but since the departure of Ed from the Crowes and the announcement of the acoustic Robinson tour, his emotions have become far to unbalanced for him to present himself as even an average poster. Sadly, he is no longer a factor here as he has been on his crusade against me for a few days now and has not garnered any support whatsoever...few are even reading it. So he tops it off by attacking Brazil. I apologize to you on his behalf, sadly, he can't help it.
February 17th, 2006 05:46 PM
maumau
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

FUCK!! THIS IS GOING ON THE DVD!!!! Its gonna look like a Brazilian Gay Mardis Gras!!!

i am just sick and tired of casual homophobic comments like this on this and other stones board

hey! "stones fanatics", what's the fucking problem with you about gays!?

i am a stones fan, i am not gay, i would never use "gay" as a label for something i despise.

this is so hard here that even mick is bashed sometines beacuse "he looks gay". And it is not even 1975...

saint sway...take care of your demons
February 17th, 2006 05:49 PM
Riffhard Sway did you ever think that perhaps it's you that are out of touch!? It's fucking Rio for fuck's sake! Around 2,000,000,000 people are going to be there. The stage MUST be flashy and garish! It's only goddamned stage design 101 my man. Make it big,make flashy,make it over the top. The stage is fine for the locale. It looks like a tip of the hat to the Rio dancing girls dresses if you ask me.

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 06:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Sway did you ever think that perhaps it's you that are out of touch!?

No.

I just took another look at that awful stage and I can confirm that I am not out of touch. That shit is cheesy.

Sorry, but I dont buy your logic. If they play in Venice, Italy should the stage have giant gondolas rising out of it?? No, of course not.

The Super Bowl stage was amazing. It was the Stones. It screamed "Stones". This doesnt say Stones.
February 17th, 2006 06:15 PM
Jumping Jack It will be simply stunning with the inflatible tongue!
February 17th, 2006 06:39 PM
Soldatti I've seen the TV coverage and the people is looking impressed for the stage, for some folks in the crowd is the bigger stage ever and they love it.
February 17th, 2006 07:51 PM
Nellcote It's the Stones, dammit, get over it.
It's a Wicked Pissah Stage
And they are just the band for it.
Still, and always The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band.
You will whine when they are gone to, some people are never happy. you know who you are...
February 17th, 2006 08:02 PM
PeerQueer I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE IIIITTTTTTT!!!!

February 17th, 2006 08:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's not the best stage I ever saw...not by a long shot...but it's not that bad. Coulda been much worse.

10,000 cops for 2,000,000 people. That doesn't sound good.

But then again, there weren't enough cops for the 450,000 that showed up in Toronto either...and that went OK. Rio is used to doing big events with massive crowds. I think the Brazilians have their shit together when it comes to having a party...it'll be OK. I hope.
February 17th, 2006 11:45 PM
GotToRollMe
Image hosting by Photobucket
February 18th, 2006 12:40 AM
gorda
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I like it!

P.S. One of the things that I like about Latin America is that the buildings are all painted in these bright colors! Hot pink and lime-green houses!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)