ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Drugs? no probs - Keith Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-19-03 12:02 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Drugs? no probs - Keith
By Nui Te Koha
February 19, 2003

ROLLING Stones legend and former heroin addict Keith Richards has condoned drug use.
"I have no problems with drugs, but I have problems with people who deal in them," Richards, 59, told the Herald Sun.

"If you didn't have to go down to the bloody gutter to get it, and meet the people who live there, it wouldn't be so bad."

His comments drew immediate and angry fire from authorities and anti-drug lobby groups.

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre spokesman Paul Dillon said Richards was on dangerous ground.

Nui Te Koha is a sanctamonious pain in the arse excuse for an entertainment reporter, for an ultra left rag, that disguises itself as a serious newspaper. As Mr. Mellencamp once said, " Don't condemn me 'till you've walked a mile in my shoes".....Keith is simply being honest about his drug experiences, and the down side of drug culture, which if Nui didn't already understand he must be reporting from Antarctica. Nui needs to lighten up, Nui also needs to get a sense of proportion.
02-19-03 03:18 AM
oska a change of attitude gypsymother60 ? during our recent dispute I was also 'being honest about my drug experience's.' make up your mind.
02-19-03 05:34 AM
Daethgod maybe Nui would like to share his drug experiences with his readers ...

02-19-03 02:31 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Sometimes I think Keith says this kind of shit just to keep up the old pirate rocker image that he has held onto for so long. I mean now he's saying "I don't have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with dealers." Twenty five years ago he said "I don't have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with policemen."
Riffhard

Sex 'n Drugs n' Rock n' Roll! Boy what a formula! The key to Pandora's Box I believe.lol....awww Rif, I Kinda like the "old pirate rocker image? No one else that I know of can pull it off like he can.

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-19-03 07:27 PM
Riffhard Hey Mother Baby,Don't get me wrong. I have always liked the image of Keith being the badass pirate rocker that he truly is. However,he does seem to,at times,lay it on a bit thick during interviews. His line about not having a problem with drugs is cliche. He has been saying that line more or less for almost thirty years now. Besides the fact that it is blantent bullshit. If anyone had a problem with drugs it was most certainly Keith. He covers it well with his typical outlaw attitude calling it his "experiment",but everyone knows he was smacked out of his gord.

Having said that I still love that old rebel attitude that is genuine. If you ever read the Stanley Booth book "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones" you've read all about some of Keith's exploits. Like the gig in Blackpool where Keith kicked some SOB straight in face with his "Beatle" boot because the guy was spitting on him! There are many more anecdotes that Booth goes into and I highly recomend this book for any fan.

It's an image that Keith has cultivated knowingly,and he wears it well. Just ask the cat in Whiskey Town who got an empty bottle Jack Daniels smashed over his head by Keith if he thinks Richards is a badass!! For that matter there's a guy somewhere in Hampton that can attest to Keith's guitar technique!

Riffhard

02-19-03 07:49 PM
MP LOL---don't make the mistake of taking Keef seriously...
02-20-03 06:11 PM
CousinCocaine Of course it seems a bit forced to me.
On the other hand at these sober times I still like him sayin things like that. I don't care all of these moral apostels.
And I've really been a "victim" of my early Keith adoration, - getting on hard drugs in the 70's for a long hard time.
(btw these days the Stones fanpool seems so f55xxn' straight. In the 70's many addicts had been huge Stonesfans. Well, where did they go . . )
CC
02-20-03 11:46 PM
100 Years Ago have we become so fuckin' PC and stick up our assesness that we can't appreciate a genuine, honest to god Keithism like this...he is Keithfucius after all

this damn world is losing it's sense of humor, what Keith said was funny and sardonic, not like he gave a kid a spike and a syringe...jeezus christ lighten up people...go watch the Holy Grail or something, better yet Life of Brian
02-21-03 12:04 AM
Fiji Joe Respectfuuly disagreeing...call it a Keithism, Keithfucius or whatever...it's BS and he has to know it...

Memo to Keith:

Drugs didn't ruin me...C'mon Keith, do you suppose that had anything to do with having an endless supply of money and worshippers willing to help you at every turn?...To cover your ass?...and wipe it too?

Most heroin addicts do not have such resources and rest assured, very few make it back...

And didn't ruin you?...Have you heard yourself play lately?...have you looked in the fucking mirror?...You're 59 going on 99...talk to me when your 70...you'll get no liver from me

02-21-03 02:09 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
oska wrote:
a change of attitude gypsymother60 ? during our recent dispute I was also 'being honest about my drug experience's.' make up your mind.

Oska, oska, oska, Keith hasn't to my knowlege ever condoned drug use for other people. You made a stupid statement, big diff' sorry! The other difference here is that Keith lived the illicit drug life for prolly as many years as you've been breathing, or some pharmacists have had a diploma, get my drift?
02-21-03 02:27 AM
gypsymofo60 Also, Although I'm in agreement with much of Fiji's last post concerning rich celeb's, as opposed to your every day garden variety drug abuser, I don't have a problem with anyone of a resonable age and intelligence using drugs Oska. They are never gonna end it, people have been doing drugs since the dark ages, and if I choose to take certain drugs that, is my perogative. I called you up on trying to entertain the idea that a barbituate was safe to abuse. Fair call in my book! So why not just accept you were called, fess up, and grow up! What you do to yourself, is up to you. But one should never condone drug use. If this all seems still hypocritical to you, from me; so be it!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST