ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Drugs? no probs - Keith Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-18-03 11:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Drugs? no probs - Keith
By Nui Te Koha
February 19, 2003

ROLLING Stones legend and former heroin addict Keith Richards has condoned drug use.
"I have no problems with drugs, but I have problems with people who deal in them," Richards, 59, told the Herald Sun.

"If you didn't have to go down to the bloody gutter to get it, and meet the people who live there, it wouldn't be so bad."

His comments drew immediate and angry fire from authorities and anti-drug lobby groups.

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre spokesman Paul Dillon said Richards was on dangerous ground.

02-18-03 11:41 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre spokesman Paul Dillon said Richards was on dangerous ground.

As if Keith didn't know it! People lecturing Keith Richards on drug issues strikes me as inane and verging on paternalism. Keith was a heroin addict for 10 years. He lived that 'demon life'. Not only did he manage not to die during that period but he finally cleaned up, with help from friends and family, of course.
Surely he has a thing or two to tell researchers about drugs and alcoholism!
02-18-03 12:53 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

As if Keith didn't know it! People lecturing Keith Richards on drug issues strikes me as inane and verging on paternalism. Keith was a heroin addict for 10 years. He lived that 'demon life'. Not only did he manage not to die during that period but he finally cleaned up, with help from friends and family, of course.
Surely he has a thing or two to tell researchers about drugs and alcoholism!

Sure he does, but the fact that he managed not to die during his "experimenting" period was in my opinion 95% due to his unbelievably good luck and 5% to his good constitution etc. etc. He was a heroin addict like all others, and he could have died like many did. Being Keith Richards doesn't make him immortal. Well, maybe, coming to think of it
02-18-03 01:45 PM
Mother baby
quote:

"If you didn't have to go down to the bloody gutter to get it, and meet the people who live there....

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?...the drugs or the gutter?

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-18-03 02:13 PM
sirmoonie Maybe it was the drugs that turned Keith against America and towards Osama bin Laden and his whoreds of Islo-terrorists that would deny justice to wee little children singing the pledge of allegiance in the manner required by ecclesiastical law?

I've seen it happen to other people. Even some of the e-communists on this board who obliquely call for fatwas and jihads against down home self-righteousness and other truthisms of the American way of life that can't be bettered by anyone!
02-18-03 02:17 PM
jb Moonie, have you had a change of heart?
02-18-03 02:18 PM
Boomhauer Hey, I like Keith..good guy...but was he drunk when he said that stuff?

I think those were some of the dumbest sentences Keith has spat from his mouth.
02-18-03 02:19 PM
LadyJane Moonie--Calm down!! I'm on your side on this one but you seem to be forgetting about one of our greatest freedoms--Freedom of Speech!!

This is a complicated issue and your arrogance and intolerance of other's opinions are exactly why we Americans are seen around the world as a nation of pompous asses!!

LadyJ.
02-18-03 02:21 PM
Moonisup
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is a complicated issue and your arrogance and intolerance of other's opinions are exactly why we Americans are seen around the world as a nation of pompous asses!!

LadyJ.

Lady J you are very special to this board!! a welcome addition!!

rik
02-18-03 02:25 PM
Fiji Joe Man, the rested SirMoonie sure has a lot on his mind. I likes it! He's funny, intelligent, and oh so sassy...Won't you be my valentine?
02-18-03 02:27 PM
jb Unfortunately, Keith's bald spot is really getting bigger as evidenced by TSXY's father's picture....someone has to figure out how to cover it up , as bald men are really a turn-off to most woman.
02-18-03 02:38 PM
Moonisup aha Watch sirmoonie, don't bash us, I;ll singlehandely stop the US troups at Rotterdam ( 80 miles from here) hahahahahahahaahahahha

No you can't pass!

Why little snobby boy

Cos I say so

02-18-03 02:40 PM
gypsy I ran out of blow a while back, and found myself trying to buy some in some really scary neighborhoods. I hate it when I lose a good connection, and have to 'slum' it in order to find some blow.
02-18-03 02:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Moonie--Calm down!! I'm on your side on this one but you seem to be forgetting about one of our greatest freedoms--Freedom of Speech!!

LadyJ.

Is that all it is too you LJ? Free speech? Maybe Keith can say that to the victims of dirty suitcase bombs shoved down their thoraxes? Hey cat, its free speech, wanna hit, oh sorry you have a fucking suitcase full of festering re-agents in your freakin' neck!

I'm sorry, but Keith's avowed support of terrorism puts him the category of Muhammed Ali, Jefferson Davis, Flyboy Lindbergh, and other traitors who have taken up arms against their country.

The voices from the wilderness will be heard on the level playing field that is undeniable and willing. Squelching is out of the question!
02-18-03 02:57 PM
LadyJane And your intolerance of anyone's opinion other than your own puts you in the category of a certain Iraqi dictator!!

LadyJ.
02-18-03 03:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
And your intolerance of anyone's opinion other than your own puts you in the category of a certain Iraqi dictator!!

LadyJ.

What??? Me??? How can I be intolerant? I'm the one speaking out against scumbags and subversives and people perpetrating the media myths of alternative thinking!
02-18-03 03:09 PM
jb What did Keith say to support terrorism?
02-18-03 03:12 PM
LadyJane You are truly a legend in your own mind! Good luck with your crusade!!

LadyJ.

PS I guess I should remove my avatar as a sign of my Patriotism!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
02-18-03 03:16 PM
sirmoonie Thanks, Ladyjane. I will not shirk the straight jacket of injustice and collapse like a Titanic deckchair, just because "some" people say its the "right" thing to do!
02-18-03 03:24 PM
LadyJane Your welcome, Sir Moonie!! You have a wonderful day!!

LadyJ.
02-18-03 03:24 PM
Joey " I ran out of blow a while back, and found myself trying to buy some in some really scary neighborhoods. I hate it when I lose a good connection, and have to 'slum' it in order to find some blow. "

Gypsy .............Come to Joey !
02-18-03 04:24 PM
Riffhard Sometimes I think Keith says this kind of shit just to keep up the old pirate rocker image that he has held onto for so long. I mean now he's saying "I don't have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with dealers." Twenty five years ago he said "I don't have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with policemen."

While I've always loved Keith's outlaw image it does,at times,seem a bit forced. Keith has done enough rebelling in his lifetime for the whole lot of the band. It seems he just can't stand to think that his image could be anything other than "fuck it all",and still mantain the mythical Keith Richards defies death again angle that he created.

Riffhard
02-18-03 04:25 PM
jb Well said Riff...unfortunately, this tour has shown that keith, not Mick, has become a parody of himself...sad, but true.
02-18-03 04:32 PM
Fiji Joe Users are losers and losers are users...don't do drugs...

Man, that crime dog was deep...deep I tell ya
02-18-03 04:37 PM
gypsy McGruff rocked, dude.
02-18-03 04:39 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah, I know of no other bassett hound who could pull off the trench-coat and fedora thing as well as he did...That sumbitch had charisma

"Nevermind who let the dogs out...The question is...whose ass am I gonna kick?"
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
02-18-03 04:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Well said Riff...unfortunately, this tour has shown that keith, not Mick, has become a parody of himself...sad, but true.

Now he's a communist parody of a Hezbollah crazed Talescratcher holding a knife to the throat of the Yankee Rose while she bleeds red, white, and blue all over his piss-skanking boots that he bought with his fucking narco-bucks!

I've had it! No apologies!
02-18-03 04:56 PM
Moonisup at least keith and ron are no Cat stevens kinda guys whahahahahahahahah
02-18-03 04:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Thanks, Ladyjane. I will not shirk the straight jacket of injustice and collapse like a Titanic deckchair, just because "some" people say its the "right" thing to do!

"collapse like a Titanic deckchair." THAT is rich, my brother!

I hear where you're comin' from, Moonbeam, I just think you need to say it in CAPITAL LETTERS!! People can't hear the truth unless it's LOUD!
02-18-03 05:31 PM
Joey " I hear where you're comin' from, Moonbeam, I just think you need to say it in CAPITAL LETTERS!! People can't hear the truth unless it's LOUD! "

Fleabit , your Avatar bears a strong resemblance to Walter Becker of Steely Dan fame ( circa ' 77 ) .

You ain't by chance related are you ................?

If so , could you please start sending me monthly checks ?

Developing ...........

{{{ J KINS }}}}}}
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST