ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana show to be shown live on video on AOL Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 16th, 2006 08:27 PM
Gazza

many thanks to TeleK on IORR

more info here :

http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/rolling_stones/tunein
February 16th, 2006 08:30 PM
mac_daddy nice.

did we ever find out if the audio will be available on the xm feed featured with directv..?

February 16th, 2006 08:48 PM
Mel Belli Can y'all sticky this, so it's up high Sat. night?
February 16th, 2006 08:56 PM
LadyJane Thanks...I'll be glued.

Am I the only one who is a little nervous about the size of this crowd??

I was at Sars...500,000. Overwhelming and scary.

2 million. On a Beach?? In RIO??

LJ.

February 16th, 2006 09:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks...I'll be glued.

LJ.

Nope. You're not. The potential for something to fuck up big style is quite considerable
February 16th, 2006 09:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Can y'all sticky this, so it's up high Sat. night?

probably best to put together a stickied"info" thread in the next day or so which will provide links to how to watch/hear the show and then as it happens post the setlist, photos etc as normal
February 16th, 2006 11:31 PM
sammy davis jr. I am nervous about this show as well. Just too many people to control It has the potential to make Altamont look like a blip on the radar...however I will stay positive and keep my fingers crossed.
February 17th, 2006 04:08 AM
charlotte mac-Directv and Winamp

LIVE! From Rio: The Rolling Stones
Deep Tracks® - XM 40 / The 60s - XM 6
Saturday, February 18 at 7:30PM ET
In a free concert expected to be attended by over 1.5 million, The Rolling Stones play LIVE from Rio's famed Copacabana Beach. Hear the show as it happens in this momentous XM / Network Live / AOL broadcast.

Plus, you can catch the exclusive video at AOL music.
February 17th, 2006 05:22 AM
Angiegirl Damn.

Have to go to my mom for the weekend. And, of course, she's got no internet connection...

Damn.
February 17th, 2006 05:26 AM
charlotte Angie, we will get you a copy!
February 17th, 2006 05:29 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Damn.

Have to go to my mom for the weekend. And, of course, she's got no internet connection...

Damn.

Damn for me as well!
I got broadband connection at the office and Saturday I'm stuck at home with a stupid ISDN connection - I probably will catch one little snippet of "live" action and then the monitor will freeze

I know it will circulate sooner or later, but I wanted to feel the live rush this time, damn!
February 17th, 2006 05:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac-Directv and Winamp

LIVE! From Rio: The Rolling Stones
Deep Tracks® - XM 40 / The 60s - XM 6
Saturday, February 18 at 7:30PM ET
In a free concert expected to be attended by over 1.5 million, The Rolling Stones play LIVE from Rio's famed Copacabana Beach. Hear the show as it happens in this momentous XM / Network Live / AOL broadcast.

Plus, you can catch the exclusive video at AOL music.

Do you think will they broadcast all the show or little parts of it??

[Edited by Jumacfly]
February 17th, 2006 05:38 AM
speedfreakjive I sure as hell hope so. Thats my Saturday night sorted if so.......
February 17th, 2006 06:34 AM
luxury1 You'd think the RS FAn Club would be airing this video. Christ. Thanks for the heads up Gazza.
Stupid question--Do you need an AOL subscription to view it?
[Edited by luxury1]
February 17th, 2006 07:16 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

probably best to put together a stickied"info" thread in the next day or so which will provide links to how to watch/hear the show and then as it happens post the setlist, photos etc as normal

Excellent, thanks!
February 17th, 2006 07:52 AM
LadyJane Is RIO three hours ahead of EST or two???

LJ.

February 17th, 2006 07:56 AM
luxury1 I heard three hours ahead of EST.

So, do I need to subscribe to AOL? Anyone know?
February 17th, 2006 07:59 AM
LadyJane So they are starting the Broadcast at 10:30 RIO time??? Kinda late.

No Luxy...I'm pretty sure AOL is free....I watched Live 8 with no problem and when you go to the site it seems to be working well.

LJ.
February 17th, 2006 08:10 AM
Nellcote LJ!
Snap out of it for heaven's sake, it's a Saturday night!
2230 is early, take yo afternoon nap, and deal.
This is not the Sominex Olyimpics..
Or some weak Saturday night Lawrence Welk festival..
Or a re-run of the Golden Girls.
It's the Stones, dammit!
Step up to the plate!
February 17th, 2006 08:16 AM
gustavobala we are in "summer hour", 1 hour in advance....

here (in brazil) local hour will be 9:30 pm, then for the rest of the world is like as 8:30 pm (local hour)

February 17th, 2006 08:19 AM
gustavobala i believe we are 3 hour from EST, is normal hour

with "summer hour", is like as 2 hour from EST
February 17th, 2006 09:10 AM
justinkurian Hey Guys,

Did I read right somewhere that they're putting the show out on DVD 10 days after the show? Or am I completely imagining it?
February 17th, 2006 09:12 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Hey Guys,

Did I read right somewhere that they're putting the show out on DVD 10 days after the show? Or am I completely imagining it?

WTF!
February 17th, 2006 09:22 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ!
Snap out of it for heaven's sake, it's a Saturday night!
2230 is early, take yo afternoon nap, and deal.
This is not the Sominex Olyimpics..
Or some weak Saturday night Lawrence Welk festival..
Or a re-run of the Golden Girls.
It's the Stones, dammit!
Step up to the plate!

Late for Brazil...NOT ME!!!

LJ
[Edited by LadyJane]
February 17th, 2006 09:27 AM
justinkurian Ha ha...I guess I was imagining it then. Maybe I'm thinking of the boots coming out shortly after the show.
February 17th, 2006 09:32 AM
luxury1 Well, that sure clears things up around here!
We dont have a definitive answer on anything.
RO has always had the '70's Glimmer Twins aura about it, doncha think?
February 17th, 2006 09:45 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Well, that sure clears things up around here!
We dont have a definitive answer on anything.
RO has always had the '70's Glimmer Twins aura about it, doncha think?

God I am so glad someone else is on the same wave length as me! So it could be 1-3 hours time difference. No matter it is just time...
February 17th, 2006 10:21 AM
Gazza as far as I'm aware, Rio is currently two hours AHEAD of New York (ET) time but three hours behind London (GMT)

So, for Americans the show will be in the early evening on the east coast

The broadcast seems to begin at 19.30 ET according to rs.com
[Edited by Gazza]
February 17th, 2006 10:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
You'd think the RS FAn Club would be airing this video. Christ. Thanks for the heads up Gazza.

you would also think that they might even MENTION the fact that the video of the show is being broadcast - they havent

However, its confirmed when you do a search for "Rolling Stones" on the AOL music site

February 17th, 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks...I'll be glued.

LJ.

Gang fighting in Brazil leaves six people dead

RIO DE JANEIRO – Fighting be-tween rival gangs left six people dead and six injured in a shantytown just above the city’s wealthiest neighborhoods, causing jitters as residents prepare for a giant free Rolling Stones concert and Rio de Janeiro’s world famous carnival.

The shootout in the Rocinha shantytown Wednesday night was part of an ongoing gang war for control of the slum’s lucrative drug dealing spots, which are especially coveted because of their proximity to wealthy residents below the sprawling hillside slum, police said.

About 100 military police have occupied Rocinha since early Thursday morning, said Thiago Delgado, a spokesman for the state security secretariat. At least four people were arrested. “Everything is calm now and under absolute control of police,” he said.
The fighting began when at least 40 men dressed in black entered Rocinha in four vans and began throwing hand grenades and shooting out electrical transformers, police said.
The shooting lasted about three hours before the gunmen fled. One of the gunmen and five shantytown residents including a 14-year-old boy were killed in the gunfire. It wasn’t known if the six injured were gang members or simply slumdwellers caught in the crossfire.
Police had been concerned about the possibility of clashes between rival drug gangs before Rio’s carnival, which will be celebrated this year between Feb. 25 and 28. The city is also preparing for the Rolling Stones’ concert, which is expected to bring nearly two million people to Rio’s Copacabana beach on Saturday night.
Rio de Janeiro is one of the world’s most violent cities with a homicide rate of nearly 50 per 100,000 people a year, but much of that violence is confined to the city’s shantytowns and poor outskirts. - AP
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)