ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Copacabana show to be shown live on video on AOL Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 17th, 2006 10:41 AM
luxury1 Oh christ. THis is gonna be some show. ANd people thought Mick looked nervous at the Superbowl...I believed that was due to that fact that he had 1 billion people watching, with Keith and Ronnie on guitars...

So, early evening, dont have to subscribe or anything. Things are beginning to slowly gel around here, huh MEG?
February 17th, 2006 10:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Oh christ. THis is gonna be some show. ANd people thought Mick looked nervous at the Superbowl...I believed that was due to that fact that he had 1 billion people watching, with Keith and Ronnie on guitars...

So, early evening, dont have to subscribe or anything. Things are beginning to slowly gel around here, huh MEG?

Sometimes it takes a little time for the brain cells to start firing.
Should be an interesting evening, no matter what time, sitting by the computer.
February 17th, 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

whats this?

a party at your place? Throbby, Luxy, Meg ? - Sounds good to me...I'll bring the beers!
February 17th, 2006 10:58 AM
gustavobala WELCOME TO BRAZIL.....LOL

quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gang fighting in Brazil leaves six people dead

RIO DE JANEIRO – Fighting be-tween rival gangs left six people dead and six injured in a shantytown just above the city’s wealthiest neighborhoods, causing jitters as residents prepare for a giant free Rolling Stones concert and Rio de Janeiro’s world famous carnival.

The shootout in the Rocinha shantytown Wednesday night was part of an ongoing gang war for control of the slum’s lucrative drug dealing spots, which are especially coveted because of their proximity to wealthy residents below the sprawling hillside slum, police said.

About 100 military police have occupied Rocinha since early Thursday morning, said Thiago Delgado, a spokesman for the state security secretariat. At least four people were arrested. “Everything is calm now and under absolute control of police,” he said.
The fighting began when at least 40 men dressed in black entered Rocinha in four vans and began throwing hand grenades and shooting out electrical transformers, police said.
The shooting lasted about three hours before the gunmen fled. One of the gunmen and five shantytown residents including a 14-year-old boy were killed in the gunfire. It wasn’t known if the six injured were gang members or simply slumdwellers caught in the crossfire.
Police had been concerned about the possibility of clashes between rival drug gangs before Rio’s carnival, which will be celebrated this year between Feb. 25 and 28. The city is also preparing for the Rolling Stones’ concert, which is expected to bring nearly two million people to Rio’s Copacabana beach on Saturday night.
Rio de Janeiro is one of the world’s most violent cities with a homicide rate of nearly 50 per 100,000 people a year, but much of that violence is confined to the city’s shantytowns and poor outskirts. - AP

February 17th, 2006 12:05 PM
Gazza Gusto

I hope you are mobilizing our South American friends to record both the audio and video of the live broadcast of this show from TV
February 17th, 2006 12:32 PM
gustavobala i don´t have dvd burner, but claudiomoraleida i hope burn....

February 17th, 2006 12:42 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Gang fighting in Brazil leaves six people dead

Bonkers! Why the hell do these type of events bring out the absolute evil in some people? Let's hope the shit stops here...
February 17th, 2006 12:48 PM
LadyJane See...I remain nervous about this event.

I will however, be glued to my PC.

Looks like we'll have a great night....via the Net.

Always fun to watch and post with my fellow lunatics.

LJ.
February 17th, 2006 01:04 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Bonkers! Why the hell do these type of events bring out the absolute evil in some people? Let's hope the shit stops here...

ohh don´t worry, these happens everuday in rio...lol
February 17th, 2006 01:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Angie, we will get you a copy!

Ahhhh, that's so sweet! Thanx, I feel better already
February 17th, 2006 01:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Bonkers! Why the hell do these type of events bring out the absolute evil in some people?

this will always happen so long as Michael Cohl is involved...
February 17th, 2006 06:18 PM
Soldatti The gig is getting big coverage here, and the crowd is very young and hot.
February 17th, 2006 09:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
nice.

did we ever find out if the audio will be available on the xm feed featured with directv..?

yes we did - the xm audio feed will be on directv channel 892 @ 4:30pm pacific time...

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)