ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie Nelson stops smoking marijuana? Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th February 2008 04:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Willie Nelson stops smoking marijuana? NOT!
pr.cannazine.co.uk
Feb 4,2008

Two web reports indicate that Willie Nelson may have stopped smoking something, but it's certainly not pot.

In an interview with Spinner, the legendary 74-year-old singer-songwriter responded to a question about him becoming a "health nut these days."

Nelson: "Well, I have started running. What I was trying to do was do at least as much good in the daytime as I was destroying in the nighttime. [laughs] But it got to the point where I was losing ground. I had to start trying to stay alive or I was going to die.

So I've had to give up the smoking and drinking. And when I quit that and started running, I got a lot healthier."
Quoting WENN (World Entertainment News Network), concluded that "the life-long marijuana smoker recently kicked the drug."

Nelson cut booze out of his diet many years ago and probably cigarettes as well. Though it might appear that he's referring to marijuana, anyone who's been on his bus lately knows Nelson not only continues to puff pot, he smokes the very best there is - known to his friends as "Willie Weed."

One of Nelson's publicists sent a two-letter comment: "HA!!!!" And we add to that: LOL!

5th February 2008 04:29 PM
Joey

< ---- this thread initially scared young Joey

Amen Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ... oh , little Fiji ... Lil' Fijikins )

Sassy Cakes !
5th February 2008 04:56 PM
pdog The quality of todays weed is so powerful, it should be labeled a hallucigen, I've seen niggers tripping!
5th February 2008 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
The quality of todays weed is so powerful, it should be labeled a hallucigen, I've seen niggers tripping!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
5th February 2008 06:06 PM
mrhipfl Willie Nelson and Keef should record an album and go on tour together. Their duets always sound amazing.
5th February 2008 06:14 PM
fireontheplatter people who live up in maine are a bunch of earth ma ma's
i wouldn't believe everything they post people
5th February 2008 06:22 PM
Mikey A friend of mine worked for Bill Graham Presents, now Live Nation and she told me that a co-worker of hers was backstage at the recent, first Willie Nelson tribute show (Stars and Guitars) of which, Keith was a guest (The Worst and Dead Flowers).

He said that Keith and Willie, smoking together, consumed about a pound of pot.
5th February 2008 06:27 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mikey wrote:
A friend of mine worked for Bill Graham Presents, now Live Nation and she told me that a co-worker of hers was backstage at the recent, first Willie Nelson tribute show (Stars and Guitars) of which, Keith was a guest (The Worst and Dead Flowers).

You sure it wasnt the first show..when they did.."We Had It All".?...seems more fitting after consuming a whole pound
5th February 2008 06:41 PM
Mikey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

You sure it wasnt the first show..when they did.."We Had It All".?...seems more fitting after consuming a whole pound

That was the second show, I believe and no reason they didn't spark back up at that time as well.
5th February 2008 07:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mikey wrote:
A friend of mine worked for Bill Graham Presents, now Live Nation and she told me that a co-worker of hers was backstage at the recent, first Willie Nelson tribute show (Stars and Guitars) of which, Keith was a guest (The Worst and Dead Flowers).

just at the show?
5th February 2008 07:34 PM
mrhipfl man...how cool would it be to get high with Willie Nelson and Keith Richards.
5th February 2008 07:56 PM
Zack
quote:
Mikey wrote:

An ounce maybe, dude. It would take a week of constant smoking to go through a pound. Don't believe everything you hear.
5th February 2008 11:39 PM
gypsy
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Willie Nelson and Keef should record an album and go on tour together. Their duets always sound amazing.

I love their duets. They really work well together, and I bet those two on the road together would be one hell of a fun time.
5th February 2008 11:48 PM
glencar Keith also did nice duet with Geo Jones.
5th February 2008 11:51 PM
glencar I'm calling...
5th February 2008 11:52 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith also did nice duet with Geo Jones.

Did they duet together? I had no idea.
D-I-V-O-R-C-E?
5th February 2008 11:53 PM
glencar Darling, Say It's Not You.
6th February 2008 12:16 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
people who live up in maine are a bunch of earth ma ma's

I take it you see some sort of connection between those two sentences.
6th February 2008 12:25 AM
Mikey
quote:
Zack wrote:

An ounce maybe, dude. It would take a week of constant smoking to go through a pound. Don't believe everything you hear.

Dude - you're right, it probably wasn't a pound, but to get my point across, I used "pound" to describe the copious amount consumed. Is that better? You sound like you should smoke some yourself, dude.
6th February 2008 06:16 AM
open-g Smoke free, at last

6th February 2008 08:32 AM
nankerphelge Good.

Maybe the rest of us can get some now!
6th February 2008 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Good.

Maybe the rest of us can get some now!

Nanky .................

You make Joey smile .
6th February 2008 06:25 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
people who live up in maine are a bunch of earth ma ma's

FOTP, I'm begining to believe that you must be from Canada.
6th February 2008 07:04 PM
open-g "It's so real, it's almost like being right here"

[Edited by open-g]
6th February 2008 07:41 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Willie Nelson and Keef should record an album and go on tour together. Their duets always sound amazing.

Met Willie a few years ago, about a week after Keef played
with him in CT.

Asked him what they played - "A couple Hank songs, and some blues.

I think..."

6th February 2008 08:45 PM
robpop
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:
Gypsy. You would not know a good time if it knocked on your door. And if it did knock on your door you would just scream at it and stalk it all the way back to its house. I know who you are. I have seen you work.
[Edited by Zombie Chick]

I don't know who you are, or do I care. Also, I don't know why you and Gypsy hate each other, once again, or do I care. Yeah, Gypsy is my friend, and I asked her to keep the bullshit off the board. I ask you to do the same.

Besides, I don't have to knock. I have a key.
6th February 2008 09:04 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

I don't know who you are, or do I care. Also, I don't know why you and Gypsy hate each other, once again, or do I care. Yeah, Gypsy is my friend, and I asked her to keep the bullshit off the board. I ask you to do the same.

Besides, I don't have to knock. I have a key.

6th February 2008 09:10 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

6th February 2008 09:12 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Photobucket
6th February 2008 09:15 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Photobucket

Gang Signs
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)