ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MGM 2-08-03/ Set List. pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-10-03 03:49 PM
L&A Fantastic pics, stoneslib, tks !
02-10-03 05:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some superb photos by Little Red Roooooooostah! From Roostah Productions LTD.

You gotta see them in full size, they are great, here is 40% size

02-10-03 06:40 PM
NHStonesfan Great pictures

How lucky are we they continue to Rock?

as my 6 year old son watches the HBO tape in the other room
02-10-03 06:40 PM
Moonisup i get a hard one

fuck

ROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTAAAAAHGHHHHh

dear god
soooooooooo gooooooood
02-10-03 07:23 PM
throbby Thank you for posting these shots. I'm reliving my B stage moments now and getting a hard case of Stones fever.
02-10-03 07:38 PM
parmeda Lovely Roostah...absolutely f*cking lovely!

Thank you!
02-10-03 09:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Lovely Roostah...absolutely f*cking lovely!

Thank you!

Awesome, my new wallpaper

Thanks
02-10-03 09:40 PM
moy superb pix both of you, stoneslib and rooster! i'm wet
02-10-03 10:37 PM
LadyJane I'm still in a dazed state from our weekend in Vegas. I'm finally awake since I just went outside and it's 14 degrees with a windchill of 0!! Now I know it wasn't just a dream.

We went with RS.COM Travel Package. It had it's good and bad points. Having never been to Vegas, the Monte Carlo was a great hotel. The Welcome Party was very lame. We met some great people, though. Love my souvenir Tee shirt, which we were told was not for public sale (I believe them because at least 50 people admired it and asked where they could purchase). Sound check never occurred but the consolation prize of a Q & A with Jake Berry, Production Director, and a tour of the stage was incredible. Seeing all the guitars was amazing. We were told "Hands off" but I had to touch Keith's pink and silver tele. Being on the stage hours before the band was indescribable. We were encouraged to take as many photos as we liked and I'm so glad I smuggled my disposable camera despite the warnings the prior evening that under no circumstances were cameras to be allowed. We checked out Charlie's drums and walked the catwalk!! Believe it or not, I thought of all of you when I walked passed Chuck's piano! LOL. I was tempted to leave a nasty note on behalf of Rocks Off!! The techs were great and answered all our questions. Even went behind the soundboard for a first hand look. There is no pricetag for that!!

The show was incredible. I believe it clocked it at about 2 1/2 hours. I'm looking at the setlist and despite the absence of a rare gem, how could one complain about hearing classic after classic? Having the soundtrack of your life played before your eyes, with the band 15-20 feet away from you is priceless. My God, we got Sympathy, CYHMK, Midnight Rambler and You Can't AGWYW in one show!!

It was a magical night in Las Vegas. You could feel the excitement in the air. Here are some of my highlights:

--Sitting in the 5th row, seats 3 and 4 from the catwalk when we were supposed to be off to the side. What a surprise! I thought after Lauderdale that I would never see them so close. I feel blessed.
--Getting to hear Sympathy and Gimme Shelter. Didn't get either in Florida. Lisa Fischer is amazing.
--YCAGWYW blew me away. The crowd sang along beautifully and Mick seemed to love it!!
--Standing during Keith's set. Yes, the entire rows of 1-4 sat down. You could tell they were mostly Vegas poseurs. So when Keith began singing Thru and Thru and looked out, he saw our row standing and singing along. He gave us a nice wink and a nod.
--Being able to take photos freely. I'm sure my pics from a little old disposable cannot compare to Stoneslib's and Rooster's, but if there are any worth sharing, I'll post them.
--Hearing Keith say "This is our final show in the U. S. of A. Hope you are all here when we come back." Brought the house down.

My vote for MVP of the night---Mick Jagger. He was on fire!! He is undoubtedly the greatest entertainer of his generation. It's all been said before, but you cannot deny the energy, the charisma, the stamina, the sex appeal. Dear God, the man should be studied by science!!

Worst experience of the night--the dickhead security guard who would not let me into the aisle during the walk to the B-stage. I gave it my best shot. I was thrown back twice, but I had to take one final lunge as Keith was about to go. Not one, but two security goons threw me so hard, they hurt my arm. Thanks to the guy who had the aisle seat for telling them off. I thought my Husband was going to go for their throats.

Memory to last a lifetime--The final bows. I always get emotional at this point, but tonight....oh my. Last concert in the U.S., possibly last time I'll ever see them. Needless to say the tears were flowing very heavily. After the final 4 took their bow, Keith left the stage. Charlie was laughing like crazy and told Ronnie "Get off the stage". That left the final bow to Mick and Charlie, both laughing, arms around each other. No words to describe that moment.

Thank you to the Rolling Stones for brightening the last several months of my life. Somehow, they always come through when I'm going through a rough patch.

Thank you my fellow Rocks Off members for welcoming me into your little family. Yes, I said family, although it is a tad dysfunctional! Well, more than a tad!! You make me laugh and you keep my mind sharp. Can't be a slouch around here. I feel a kindred spirit to many of you and am counting on this board to keep me going as the boys hit Australia, Asia and Europe.

Look out World, here they come. You are in for quite a ride. If anyone has any doubts about spending money and/or traveling to see shows, forget it. It is worth every penny!!
I promise! They will not disappoint!!

LadyJ.

02-10-03 10:52 PM
throbby Lady Jane! What a night you had. Please post your photos.
02-11-03 06:00 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Thanks,
what a wonderfull pictures!!
Grazie Little Red Rooster!
02-11-03 10:30 AM
icydanger

great pics
(yes that yellow is a little acid)
sincerely I hope they will be touring the States in the fall
02-11-03 02:59 PM
stoneslib In advance of the audio, Vegas 2003 liner art posted here:

http://stoneslib.homestead.com/files/sandiegolinerart.html

H
02-11-03 03:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fucking great covers Stoneslib! ...and titles... Now I need the audio

The Keith pic in San Diego (the entire one, not the cover) has been my wall paper since you posted it, thanks again.

02-11-03 06:48 PM
littleredrooster Thank you, thank you kindly!
I know that PhilA (aka SparksWillFly) also shot some great ones!
He was right next to me!
Keep watchin!!! More fantastic pix will follow!
Some of these would look great on the front of a T shirt for some of our European friends to prance about in this summer!!

Roostah
02-11-03 06:54 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
...Believe it or not, I thought of all of you when I walked passed Chuck's piano! LOL. I was tempted to leave a nasty note on behalf of Rocks Off!!...

Hahaha!! That would have been some great joke!!! "Dear Chuck..." LOL
02-11-03 06:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Some of these would look great on the front of a T shirt for some of our European friends to prance about in this summer!!

Me??? LOL.
Serious, Ed, the pix ARE amazing! Many thanx...
02-11-03 07:08 PM
littleredrooster Angie,
I could send you a CD with all the pix and you would then be able to wallpaper yourself with them for the shows!!!

I'd want a picture of that!!!

Ed
02-11-03 07:25 PM
stoneslib
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Fucking great covers Stoneslib! ...and titles... Now I need the audio

The Keith pic in San Diego (the entire one, not the cover) has been my wall paper since you posted it, thanks again.

Thank you, VoodooChile - you're very kind. I'm not an artiste, but do have fun trying my hand at the liners.

H
02-11-03 08:06 PM
corgi37 They are brilliant pics. Lady jane, your post was lovely. It brought a tear to this grizzled little corgi. its 15 days to go until i see them, and i am getting very nervy. The build up is getting intense here in Oz. I cant wait for the press conferences, news bulletins and reviews in the papers before i see the show. It just adds to my tension, so when 8.00pm, 27 Feb arrives, my wife is going to see a grown man cry like a teeny girl at a Justin Timberlake cd signing session. I am 7 rows from the front, about 4 seats from the walk-way to the b-stage, so after their b set, i'm off to the front. I hope to take a digital camera, but i aint risking getting turfed out. Aussie security can be unpredictable. Some dont mind taking photos, others freak out. Thanks for looking after a guys, my Yank mates. They seem primed and ready to blow our brains out.
02-11-03 08:20 PM
throbby VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Fucking great covers Stoneslib! ...and titles... Now I need the audio

Very nice indeed. If you ever need setlists for earlier shows, I have five or six from the eastern leg of the No Security tour. I also have an orange setlist from a very nice MTV cameraman when they did "Live at the Ten Spot" in '97.

02-11-03 11:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Throbby, very nice!
02-11-03 11:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl More pix from Rostah Enterprises Ltd.

02-16-03 12:17 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some more, by Lady Jane during her tour to the stage before the show here http://novogate.com/board/968/141272-1.html#1884025
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST