ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MGM 2-08-03/ Set List. pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-09-03 05:54 AM
CHIEFMOON Start Me Up
Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Let It Bleed
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice

Intos

Keith's Set
Thru and Thru
Before They Make Me Run

Sympathy for the Devil
Gimme Shelter
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction

B-stage
You Got Me Rockin'
Like a Rolling Stone
Brown Sugar

Encore
Jumping Jack Flash
02-09-03 06:27 AM
Moonisup 5 let it bleed songs

It could be me, but I think they have more albums to choose from

come on take risks:

Tattoo you, Steel wheels, Sticky fingers (moonlight mile, sway, sister m), BB

02-09-03 09:00 AM
stonedinaustralia alway's nice to see that TD makes the cut

contrary to having no expectations, not only am i wishing and hoping i'm almost expecting to hear it coming live at a venue near me (and not most of you )real soon...
02-09-03 10:11 AM
nankerphelge Good gloating SIA -- keep it up!!
02-09-03 10:13 AM
stonedinaustralia thank you nanker

can you see the shine??
02-09-03 10:49 AM
nankerphelge I know the tingle well.
Where/when are you seeing them?

Hear it has been raining a bit down there -- how's the umbrella holding up?
02-09-03 01:09 PM
Moonisup here are some pics, from YaHOo

don't we all love him===>

the guy in avatar looks like chuck!!!

[Edited by Moonisup]
02-09-03 03:29 PM
luxury1 ChiefMoon--will we have some photos from you??
02-09-03 03:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Charlie looks great, doesn't he? For a sixty-one year old guy, I think he looks the best out of the bunch of 'em!

Must be all that drumming - somehow it's regulated his heartbeat.

-tSYX --- You want to turn your head away when someone's thinking of you...
02-09-03 04:07 PM
Saint Sway yikes!

you couldnt pay me to wear what their wearing!!

just awful.
It looks like Ronnie & Mick wearing Members Only jackets?
looks like Keith stole his t-shirt from Ernie & Bert

embarrassing
02-09-03 04:26 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
yikes!

just awful.

embarrassing

I'm not a fan of Ronnie's new "I'm a banana" jacket. But it's better than the gas station attendant's uniform he wore in '75.

And at least Mick isn't going to have people stopping him about what restroom he's going into anymore.

-tSYX --- Seen the sky in front of you?
02-09-03 04:30 PM
Jaxx great thread and thanks for posting. these shots are great. i also think it may answer an ongoing question i've had---i've been wondering for years what MIck wears on his feet on stage--reebocks? nikes? however, i think those are capezio hi tops i see mick wearing on his feet. they look alot like the ones i saw at the dance store yesterday. not too rigid like a cross trainer, or running shoes, but nice and soft like a dance shoe, yet made to look like a running shoe.
02-09-03 04:31 PM
Madafaka Thank you all guys.
Great info.
02-09-03 06:58 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
yikes!

I actually like Keith's ensemble this time around, but Ronnie's jacket is a true horror. It looks like something my unstylish 84 year old Grampa would wear. You're right -- they certainly look like Members Only attire! Must be honor of Sheryl Crow - "He wears his Member's Only jacket because he thinks it turns on all the ladies!"

02-09-03 08:12 PM
stoneslib Here's the "final bow" (from far away) in Vegas.

...and...

02-09-03 09:47 PM
Nellcote Xyxy;

The Esso outfit you attempted to savage is steeped in history. The late great Keith Moon used to wear it routinely, as did Windmill Pete. This is classic mid '70's garb, Christ get with it man! Where is your Rock & Roll History? I had the pleasure of front row Faces just about 27 years, 352 days ago in Providence, Ronnie with the crow feather outfit. Changed mid set to a glam outfit. By far, the most exotic dresser since Brian Jones as far as the Stones go...
02-09-03 09:59 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ehh... that was the 70s. Before my time in terms of fashion - I have photos of both Windmill Pete and Keith "What swimming pool?" Moon wearing the hallowed gas station attendant's gear, but that went out of style in the 70s, I guess. Maybe it was because it made Ronnie look like he was about fifteen in comparison to Keith and Mick. Pete and Toothless Moonie did alright with it, though.

I liked Ronnie's leather jacket and lavender shirt underneath on this tour, as well as that red shirt. That crazy white thing he occasionally wore was cool, too. I think he wins best attire, not counting the always debonair Charlie in his shirt and red socks, who wins all awards by default and sometimes wins them again for good measure.

Not that attire matters! It's the music, damnit!

-tSYX --- Get up! Get out!
02-09-03 10:27 PM
stoneslib I wasn't in primo position for the B stage.

H
02-10-03 01:05 AM
stoneslib These were "long distance calls" to the main stage - fortunately the big screen helps enlarge things.

H
02-10-03 04:06 AM
Moonisup great shots again!
02-10-03 05:07 AM
luxury1 Jaxx--I think you are correct about the hi-top Capezios. I remember in the mid-70's (I think) an interview with Mick when he was wearing the low ones, and giving credit to the dance shoe (Of course, I had to go out and buy some for myself then). THe high ones are much cooler I think.
Thanks stoneslib for the photos--they are great.
02-10-03 05:33 AM
Moonisup from Rollingstones.com:

keith and his tele:

colourfull keith:

Ronnie keeps the beat:

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-10-03 06:32 AM
corgi37 The set list and pics from Vegas make salivate like Palvov's dog!! CAGWYW, Rambler & CYHMK in the same set. Whoa. I also think leading with Start me Up is a good move. Only concern is no real risk takers, Dance or If you cant rock me. But to see/hear the 3 afore mentioned songs would be a bloody dream. Oh, and Keith to do Happy as well. Our time is approaching Aussies, our time is approaching.
02-10-03 06:37 AM
Jumacfly Hi guys, everybody!
can someone print this magnificient picture of Chuck, i d like to do a tee shirt with this one and offer it to my friend Mick...
mick if you read it it wasn t posible to burn "hendrix blues" for you , i m sorry for this but buy it it s a great one!!
long life to our Stones, greats pix guys!!!
cheers
Ju
02-10-03 06:42 AM
corgi37 Oh, 1 more question. How many rows from the front were the photos taken?
02-10-03 09:14 AM
throbby Very nice shots of the B stage, thanks stoneslib.
02-10-03 10:30 AM
jb It is truly depressing today to realize that it's all over..we will never see them again...........
02-10-03 10:53 AM
Nellcote JB, pass the Panama Red.
As long as Keith is alive, we will see them again.
02-10-03 12:11 PM
parmeda Great pictures!
Lovely to reminisce over...

jb, they'll be back! You're coming to Chicago to see them, LOL!
02-10-03 02:07 PM
doo doo doo Dude As bad as some of the fella's outfits have been, I thought Chuck Leavel's atrocious skintight t-shirt and butthugger jeans with studded belt that me he wore at the L.A. show took the cake. He looked like he'd be better suited at a gay bar in West Hollywood than on stage with the world's greatest rock n' roll band.

Someone in the band needs to tell him that he is not a Rolling Stone cause some of his antics are truly obnoxious.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST