ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger wearing a wig? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
February 8th, 2006 09:13 PM
Taptrick
I disagree. There is change. That's the point. But I guess we will never know. We'll just have to ask Mick. I wish someone would damn it - I want to know.

February 8th, 2006 09:35 PM
Lethargy
quote:
LuckyWithTheLadies wrote:

I stand corrected. I posted that from my memory of the video from years ago. Did a little research at www.ilovemickjagger.com and see the error of my ways. It ain't a wig. It's a weave.

mickpic

That ain't 100% his real hair. And nothing will convince me otherwise.

Hmmmmm, this one looks a bit wiggish.
mickpic

You know there is one thing about the wig stituation that don't make sense. Mick has had, how shall we say, numerous affairs over the years, and no one has spilled the beans on him wearing a wig (except Bill Wyman). You would think that there would be a jilted lover somewhere that would tell all. My quess is the lad has always had a normal head of hair for a mere mortal his age - thinning and receding. But he uses a weave to keep a youthful thickness, which due to the continual receding is becoming more and more obvious, and has, over the years, worn wigs in concert and for photo shoots.

By the by, check out Mick's father. Little, short and skinny like his famous son -- and bald as an eagle.

My apologies to Cindy for hot linking her pics.
[Edited by LuckyWithTheLadies]

By the way, isn't this just one of the best Jagger/Richards photos ever?! Keith is dominant, with his "Yeah, prove it to me you C*NT!" Mick with his "Got I'm disgusted with you, This Band, and Everything" look. Just a classic!
February 8th, 2006 10:30 PM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

By the way, isn't this just one of the best Jagger/Richards photos ever?! Keith is dominant, with his "Yeah, prove it to me you C*NT!" Mick with his "Got I'm disgusted with you, This Band, and Everything" look. Just a classic!

I thought he was laughing at his fake hair...
February 8th, 2006 10:44 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

That video is my all time favorite for Keith's look. The wisp of grey, the healthy tan, the wiry snake-like gestures, the glowering dark simmer of the eyes...

The man was genuinely dangerous then. Cool as fuck. I have tried and tried to pull that look off myself (minus the grey -I'm far too insecure to allow that) but forget it -Keith da man.

And, One Hit to the Body rocks it hard and long, just the way I like it!
February 8th, 2006 11:25 PM
IanBillen [quote]PeerQueer wrote:

That video is my all time favorite for Keith's look. The wisp of grey, the healthy tan, the wiry snake-like gestures, the glowering dark simmer of the eyes...

The man was genuinely dangerous then. Cool as fuck. I have tried and tried to pull that look off myself (minus the grey -I'm far too insecure to allow that) but forget it -Keith da man.

And, One Hit to the Body rocks it hard and long, just the way I like it!

"Peer Queer", "Hard and Long", "just the way you like it". Seems you like our Rolling Stones ,,,,,well, not only for their music and attitude but for their bodies as well. When Keith sang "you shouldn't take it so hard" you probably sang back "Oh.but that's the way I like it"...

Yikes,

Ian
February 8th, 2006 11:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ian,

>but that's the way I like it<

You just quoted KC & The Sunshine Band lyrics.

You get a red mark beside your name for the day. If you can throw in a Dylan quote in the next 21 minutes, you can have the red mark removed.
February 9th, 2006 06:04 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ian,

>but that's the way I like it<

You just quoted KC & The Sunshine Band lyrics.

You get a red mark beside your name for the day. If you can throw in a Dylan quote in the next 21 minutes, you can have the red mark removed.

ROTFLMAO!!!
February 9th, 2006 10:18 AM
LuckyWithTheLadies Yeah. That's my favorite Stone's video too, and the picture is cool. I aggree. I think the whole band looked decadent-bohemian-hard-rock cool for this video. And the song hits hard. If only they had used that pic for the album cover instead of the god awfull one that they did use, the world might then see the album differently. Even if the hair isn't 100% real it still looks good. If they had taken that look and that attitude out on tour to support that album, the world might see the later day Stones differently. They were still rock and roll gods at that point. Then they went and did those weeny solo projects and showed the world how lame and ordinary they really can be.

By the by, I think Mick's hair in '75 looked good too. Fake or not I think that decadent, long hair look suits the Stone's and their bohemian shtick. The early Beatles were rock n rollers. The early Who were Mods. The Stones were Bohemians.
February 9th, 2006 10:25 AM
glencar Did IanBillen just realzie that Peer Queer is gay? Howe stoopit can one boy be?
February 9th, 2006 10:31 AM
glencar
quote:
LuckyWithTheLadies wrote:

That ain't 100% his real hair. And nothing will convince me otherwise.

You know there is one thing about the wig stituation that don't make sense. Mick has had, how shall we say, numerous affairs over the years, and no one has spilled the beans on him wearing a wig (except Bill Wyman). You would think that there would be a jilted lover somewhere that would tell all. My quess is the lad has always had a normal head of hair for a mere mortal his age - thinning and receding. But he uses a weave to keep a youthful thickness, which due to the continual receding is becoming more and more obvious, and has, over the years, worn wigs in concert and for photo shoots.

By the by, check out Mick's father. Little, short and skinny like his famous son -- and bald as an eagle.

My apologies to Cindy for hot linking her pics.
[Edited by LuckyWithTheLadies]

Silly man. Baldness comes from the mother's side. Mick's brother has a full head of hair. Stick with those of us in the know. Joshy(jb to you) is spot on correct as usual.
February 9th, 2006 10:42 AM
Maxlugar [quote]glencar wrote:

Mick's brother has a full head of hair.

Actually Chris's head doesn't seem to support our argument very well.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
February 9th, 2006 10:43 AM
glencar Well, back in 1997, he looked better!
February 9th, 2006 10:49 AM
Maxlugar Yes indeed. He was much smaller then too.

He's at least 13 feet tall now. Look how small that guitar looks in his hands!

February 9th, 2006 10:55 AM
glencar Maxy, RCMH, come on in!
February 9th, 2006 10:55 AM
Joey " Yes indeed. He was much smaller then too.

He's at least 13 feet tall now. Look how small that guitar looks in his hands!"

February 9th, 2006 11:44 AM
Break The Spell Maybe if the album was called "A Wigger Bang" it would have sold better to the 50 Cent fans and it would have kept Kanye West out of #1.
February 9th, 2006 11:49 AM
Mathijs >Silly man. Baldness comes from the mother's side.

err...male baldness is caused by an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, while female baldness is caused by a decrease of estrogen. As the causes are different mechanisms for male and female, male baldness can only be inherited through the father. Jagger's father is as bald as one can be, and he was already bald in his fourties.

Mathijs
February 9th, 2006 11:52 AM
waaghals Maybe he doesn't wear a wig but is a whig?
February 9th, 2006 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
>Silly man. Baldness comes from the mother's side.

err...male baldness is caused by an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, while female baldness is caused by a decrease of estrogen. As the causes are different mechanisms for male and female, male baldness can only be inherited through the father. Jagger's father is as bald as one can be, and he was already bald in his fourties.

Mathijs

Cool !

Thanks Mathijs ..... I learned something today !

I just love this board .
February 9th, 2006 11:59 AM
Break The Spell I learned something as well...I too always thought you got it from yer mama's side of the family.
February 9th, 2006 12:02 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

Cool !

Thanks Mathijs ..... I learned something today !

Yeah, and your dihydrotestosterone levels must be going through the roof.
February 10th, 2006 10:39 AM
Joey " ... your dihydrotestosterone levels must be going through the roof. "

February 10th, 2006 11:45 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ... your dihydrotestosterone levels must be going through the roof. "

Great picture. RIP Ox!!
February 10th, 2006 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Great picture. RIP Ox!!

Bless You Break The Spell
( Rocks Off Member ) ........

One of the Greatest Players EVER to pick up the bass . Word !

Joeykins !
February 10th, 2006 01:41 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You Break The Spell
( Rocks Off Member ) ........

One of the Greatest Players EVER to pick up the bass . Word !

Joeykins !

I agree. I got to see John solo a few years before his death, got very close to the stage, sounded great on his solo tunes, and they had a guy doing a pretty good Daltrey immitation on the Who songs he played.
February 11th, 2006 02:23 AM
LuckyWithTheLadies
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Maybe if the album was called "A Wigger Bang" it would have sold better to the 50 Cent fans and it would have kept Kanye West out of #1.

I know you didn't make that comment seriously. And I don't even know who Kanye West is. But nothing is going to make the Stone's music cool to the masses of junior high boys who made 50 cent a star. Rock is dead they say. And I believe them. The places where they jumped into the Hi-watt amps are now standing empty.

See there, I worked some Who lyrics in. Roger's hair? Oh, God! At least we know for certain Pete ain't wearin' rugs or plugs.
February 11th, 2006 03:04 AM
pdog This thread needs some Kevorkian...
February 11th, 2006 10:29 AM
LuckyWithTheLadies Which rock star over the age of 60 has the best hair? And stop sniggering.

What's 50 cent's abs gunna look like when he's 60 and on stage playing to middle aged house wives in Peoria?
February 11th, 2006 09:58 PM
PeerQueer 50 Cent is already near forgotten - he has about 3-6 months of declining celebrity and then he will be a fading memory.

Best hair by a musician over 60????

I still get a kick out of Dylan's top!
February 12th, 2006 07:17 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
pdog wrote:
This thread needs some Kevorkian...

Nah, Finasteride I think.....

And Mathijs, once a doctor (very knowleadgeable btw) told me that baldness comes from Mom's side.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)