ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-06-03 02:51 PM
Riffhard Well then F505 you are directly refuting historians from Moscow to London to all coners of the earth who credit Ronald Reagan's SDI strategy with the fall of the Soviet Union. Even Gorby,begrudgingly gives Dutch the credit for the demise of the USSR. However,I don't wish to start,or contribute,to another political thread. One is enough on this site me thinks.

Anyway HBD RR!

Riffhard
02-06-03 02:53 PM
jb Riffhard...I apologize for the Reagan humor..you seem genuinely moved by this man...As a gesture of friendship, I will watch Bedtime with Bonzo...You friend,...Esq
02-06-03 04:32 PM
Nellcote JB: Just watch Wacko Jacko tonight, so you can "feel his pain", as some other Southerner once said.....
02-06-03 04:39 PM
jb nAMBLA?
02-06-03 04:48 PM
Nellcote Yes, it is quite possible. I watched Gloria Aldred this morning, despite the fact that I loathe her, she made some very telling points about the gloved one. I bet someone has an angle on this, ready to slap him with something..
02-06-03 07:01 PM
Fiji Joe Happy Birthday Mr. Reagan...

"They counted on America to be passive...they counted wrong"

Oh the goosebumps
02-06-03 07:20 PM
Boomhauer Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan!!!!!!!!!!
02-06-03 09:17 PM
glencar Happy Birthday President Reagan! What a great man!
02-07-03 12:36 AM
FPM C10 Happy Birthday President Reagan! As great a president as you were an actor! Host of Death Valley Days in your salad days, reviled as "Ronnie Raygun.....ZAP!" at Woodstock yet inexplicably swept into office by the Woodstock Nation when they finally came down off that purple microdot. Laid a wreath on Nazi War Dead in Bitburg - that was certainly memorable - when he got into office he wanted to see the War Room but had to be told we don't have one, that was Dr Strangelove, not real life - something I have to keep telling myself in reverse these days. Ah, for those halycon days when ketchup was a vegetable and homeless people were homeless because they WANTED to be! A First Lady so frigid she makes Hilary look like Charo. And I can't keep score - is Oliver North a hero too? At least Ronnie's patented excuses - that he couldn't recall whether he authorized illegal arms trading - is actually TRUE now. He can't recall ANYTHING now. Ironic, no?

Ronnie Reagan, a joke in three or four presidential elections before making America his punchline, proving that America doesn't need someone smart, just someone who can stand in front of a camera and say the lines without bumping into the scenery - and not brilliantly, mind you, or even believably, just gamely, like you're selling Boraxo. Unfortunately in these dark days we can't even scare up someone with those qualifications.
02-07-03 02:06 AM
Fiji Joe FPM..You sound unemployed...what's a matter, you still waiting on the trickle down?
02-07-03 04:53 AM
F505 FPM that's a clear analysis and you hit the nail on the head!!!
02-07-03 07:35 AM
egon
quote:
F505 wrote:
No I think he is only responsible for the fall of a couple of indians he shot in his westerns...

now THAT is funny.

ronnie always was a better actor than president.
02-07-03 10:08 AM
jb FPMC10-by far the greatest post ever on a non-stones related ropic..I trust your C10 membership is in great jeopardy.
02-07-03 10:26 AM
nankerphelge Never. The C10 is based on mutual love for the Stones. The politics of the C10 runs from arch conservatism to ultra liberal and a healthy dose of Stoney's "who gives a shit" independence in between. We don't base our friendship on politics. We base it on rock and roll, and hootch, and milk stout, and chiba. As it should be.

02-07-03 10:54 AM
Maxlugar Yes but secretly, you are my best friend amoungst the C10 because of your mega-conservative views.

Don't tell the others I said this. It could be a "wedge Issue".

MACKY!
02-07-03 10:58 AM
Joey " FPM..You sound unemployed...what's a matter, you still waiting on the trickle down? "

Fiji , the ground over here in Nebraska just shook so much from me laughing lat what you wrote that everyone thinks Mohammad Ali and Katherine Hepburn are shaking hands somewhere in the area .

{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY CARSON }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-07-03 11:03 AM
nankerphelge No problem -- no need to upset anyone! My sources deep, DEEP within the Administration tell me that we are about to raise the security threat level to orange -- be on the look-out Maxy
02-07-03 11:08 AM
Maxlugar Is orange higher than magenta and less than indigo?

Or is it the last step before Amber, which leads to red?

MAXY NOT LIKE!!!
02-07-03 11:16 AM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No problem -- no need to upset anyone! My sources deep, DEEP within the Administration tell me that we are about to raise the security threat level to orange -- be on the look-out Maxy

You have good sources, they just raised it.

Hear about the Cuban coast guard landing on Key West last night? Nice security system we have.

They defected on a Cuban Coast Guard boat to Key West, landed on Key West and walked around for a while then finally turned themselves into a local cop.

02-07-03 11:23 AM
Nellcote Sounds like a new cruise line itinerary to me.....
Was Elian on board, ready to kick Janet "Shaky" Reno's butt?
02-07-03 01:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot >a healthy dose of Stoney's "who gives a shit" independence<

You short change me there nanky. I don't give a shit about political parties and their platforms. R or D is simply no reason to vote for someone.

A significant difference from not giving a shit at all.
02-07-03 01:18 PM
jb You are far above the politics of the C10's SS...you transcend political parties.
[Edited by jb]
02-07-03 01:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK JB, what do you want? All you ever had to do was open your mouth and ask.

Flattery doesn't fly far with me.
02-07-03 01:41 PM
jb I want you to publicly renounce the C10...and also a copy of "72 Touring party".
02-07-03 01:45 PM
nankerphelge Renounce the C10? jb you need to adjust the dosage buddy.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-07-03 01:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Request #1 denied.

Request #2...send me 7 blanks and a postage paid mailer.

Anything else?
02-07-03 01:49 PM
jb Thanks SS...Marko highly recommended it.......he seems to have more boots than even you?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST