ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger Resents Yoko Ono for keeping him away from John Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-28-04 02:59 AM
UGot2Rollme from the news wires ...

Rock legend Sir Mick Jagger has accused Yoko Ono of breaking up his friendship with John Lennon - because she halted his attempts to communicate with the late star.

In a new TV documentary charting the reaction to the Beatles star's surprising 1980 assassination, the Rolling Stones front man - who lived close to Lennon in New York - claims Ono wielded such power over her husband, she kept him "locked away" in their apartment.

And Jagger admits he resents Ono - who has been feuding with Lennon's Beatles band mate Sir Paul McCartney since the '60s - for preventing him from seeing the "Imagine" icon during the final years of his life.

He says in the British show, "I lived virtually next door to him. I used to put messages under the door. He was locked away by Ono, so obviously I resented that."
----
Did Mick and John ever collaborate on anything / play together? - I vaguely recall Mick singing back-up on one of the Beatles tracks... They probably would have done more if it weren't for Joko
01-28-04 05:11 AM
JumpingKentFlash Mick and Keef is on All you Need is Love. I remember Lennon and Macca being on a Stones-tune too. Can't remeber the name. Mick and John had made a blues-track together in the seventies called "Too many Cooks". That's all I know.
01-28-04 05:47 AM
Ruby Tuesday John Lennon was on the Rock and Roll Circus

on "We love you" John Lennon and Paul McCartney did the backing vocals.

And one of the first songs the Stones ever recorded was "I wanna be your man" by Lennon/McCartney.

http://experts.about.com/q/578/3261010.htm
01-28-04 07:27 AM
Factory Girl Yoko Ono is a no talent opportunist. I find John's obsession with her a turn-off.
01-28-04 08:01 AM
glencar What a shame when a harridan keeps a guy away from his friends.
01-28-04 10:49 AM
Pattie
I heard this too, and I heard that John didn't want to see Mick at all. But Mick kept leaving messages and John said fine let's meet, and they went somewhere in the car, and John got so pissed off at Mick that he started screaming at him so Mick told the driver to stop and let him out.
01-28-04 10:52 AM
telecaster I feel sorry for Julian. What did John leave him? $100K?

John was a shit father

Yoko is and was a cult leader
01-28-04 11:57 AM
Joey " Yoko is and was a cult leader "

Beware the power of the YOKO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at age seventy-five she shows no signs of slowing down .

Hell , I'd do her !

Shiver .............................................

Jacky Hilton !

01-28-04 12:56 PM
Maxlugar Yoko Ono is a veteran Bukkake participant.

01-28-04 01:02 PM
Factory Girl Have you all seen the result of the John/Yoko mating...aka Sean L??? Yikes!!!
01-28-04 01:06 PM
Nellcote "When you're down on your luck, and you can't harmonize"

Does this sound like any of Yoko's records?

She's got one scary warble.

Come to think of it, she would make a great companion for the "Gloved One", Wacko Jacko..

I'm glad Jagger spoke up, she's cult like, probably of the Jim Jones ilk....Kool Aid anyone?
01-28-04 01:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I feel sorry for Julian. What did John leave him? $100K?

Well, the feminists NEED someone to punish. In this case Julian Lennon was born at the wrong time. It will be intersesting to see how future historians (if they are any) will interpret that. But like they used to say "all revolutions have casualties". But than again I never trusted "fathers" anyway. So its all par for the course.
01-28-04 02:11 PM
glencar Yes, par for the course. Say, Jack Paar died yesterday...
01-28-04 02:12 PM
Joey

Jacky Parr was no Johnny Carson ( Hailed from Nebraska and had a Nasty Drinking problem ......................and you ?!?!?! )

Baby Joe !
01-28-04 02:13 PM
glencar Wa wa wait: Which one hailed from Cornhuskerdooville & had a nasty drinkee prob? Both?
01-28-04 02:15 PM
Joey " Wa wa wait: Which one hailed from Cornhuskerdooville & had a nasty drinkee prob? Both? "

C- C- C- C- C- Carson .

Stuttering Joe !

01-28-04 02:16 PM
glencar Carson had a drinking problem? Is that why his oldest ended up living in a trailer & bitterly resentful?
01-28-04 02:25 PM
Joey " Carson had a drinking problem? Is that why his oldest ended up living in a trailer & bitterly resentful? "

Yes , Carson was the one with the drinking problem .

Did his oldest son Chris REALLY live in a trailer ? You teasing Baby Joe ??????????

Sure beats what happened to Son # 2 , Corey -- Now " Hard as a Carp " !

Joey Carson !
01-28-04 02:30 PM
glencar It was in the Nat'l Enqy about 1987 or so. He was pretty resentful & blamed Da for all his problems. Guess JC's first divorce was more than bitter.
01-28-04 02:42 PM
Joey
I- I- I- I-

I miss Johnny Carson -- He was a STAR !!! I mean , unlike Leno or Letterman , you could actually envision him banging the Hell out of some hot new starlet or actress who happened to appear on his show .

In fact :

Johnny's show was always
square enough to make Hollywood's old guard feel comfortable, yet hip enough to appropriate the party. The show swung right from the opening theme, when Carson parted the curtain and blinded viewers with a nightly arsenal of Nehru jackets, noisy-patterned sportcoats, and neckties the size of beaver tails. This was America's late-night cocktail lounge, the televised nephews of the original Rat Pack. Guests smoked and drank on camera without guile. Marriage was just a punchline, as gleaming medallions nestled in thatches of chest hair, braless breasts spilled out of dresses. Guests never chuckled -- laughter was accompanied by a thrown-back head, a fit of cigarette coughing, a spill of the bourbon. Carson frequently erupted in a loud cackle, sending him out of his chair. The show often returned after a commercial break to catch Johnny drumming with pencils along with the band, after which he would turn to Ed and joke about their bender the previous night, like a couple of tomcats on the town chasing skirts.

Thank You !

The Joey , Established 1999
01-28-04 02:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Carson had a drinking problem?

NO! Say it ain't so. Neither do the Politicans that one elects every year.
01-28-04 02:54 PM
scratched Sounds like my kinda show.
01-28-04 02:55 PM
Factory Girl Joey, Johnny Carson has not made the transition.
01-28-04 02:55 PM
mac_daddy yoko: the second coming

01-28-04 02:57 PM
glencar That bitch got some problems, Ronnie!
01-28-04 02:58 PM
glencar Joey, is that a Maxy original? The Carson show was entertaining but it now seems monumental when you consider Leno's show. How dull can TV get?
01-28-04 03:03 PM
Joey

This is how life was meant to be lived :

" Marriage was just a punchline, as gleaming medallions nestled in thatches of chest hair, braless breasts spilled out of dresses. Guests never chuckled -- laughter was accompanied by a thrown-back head, a fit of cigarette coughing, a spill of the bourbon. "

Lovely !

What ?!?! Oh , OK !!!!

http://archive.salon.com/people/bc/2001/02/20/carson/print.html

I guess it was his second oldest son " Rick " who died in a tragic car accident in 1991 :

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001992/bio

Jacky Carson !
01-28-04 03:04 PM
glencar I remember seeing him with #3 on "60 Minutes" & a year later, he was onto #4 who has hung in dere. They got hotter looking as he went along.
01-28-04 03:05 PM
mac_daddy >>> They got hotter looking as he went along.

Larry King has the M.O.
01-28-04 03:08 PM
Moonisup I bet Yoko has a lot of pubic hair
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH