ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger Resents Yoko Ono for keeping him away from John Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-28-04 03:10 PM
glencar I bet her pubes are quite Brillo-like at this stage.
Joey

Oh Yeah ,

Wolf Puss AND Beer Titties ( But she don't drink beer )

Jacky !
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
That bitch got some problems, Ronnie!

Well maybe. It looks to me like one of those CPS propaganda photos.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
glencar Yeah Mac but LK never had Carson's style.
01-28-04 03:11 PM
glencar CPS?
01-28-04 03:14 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well maybe. It looks to me like one of those CPS propaganda photos.

propaganda..? maybe, but the bitch was in court for crissakes! It's not like the pic was touched up/airbrushed, etc.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
01-28-04 03:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
CPS?

Child Protection Services. In other words Nosey Neighbors.
01-28-04 03:22 PM
glencar I hope she does have nosy neighbors. That bitch shouldn't be raising any kids at this point. I'm glad her wealth & fame didn't protect her.
01-28-04 03:24 PM
Factory Girl Yoko or Courtney Love? What did she do to her kids?
01-28-04 03:34 PM
glencar Love. She hasn't done anything except take a ton of drink & drugs & show herself to be out of control. Her daughter is in the care of otehrs. When Keith was dealing with his problems, his mother took over the care of his kids.
01-28-04 03:52 PM
mac_daddy hey now! ain't no need to bring Keef into this - he has nothing to do with it.

the appearance of both Courtney and Yoko on their respective scenes eerily coincides with the beginning of each man's descent. both are also blamed, by those close to the situations, for the demise of both bands...

I'm not even touching the fit/unfit mother thing (although, if that is what she looks like in court as she fights for the custody of her kid, she doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell)...
01-28-04 03:58 PM
glencar Yeah sorry, mac, but I was anticipating an odd reply by Mr. Motels (who I'm glad to see has NOT made the transition) & I was heading him off at the pass.
01-28-04 05:22 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Pattie wrote:

I heard this too, and I heard that John didn't want to see Mick at all. But Mick kept leaving messages and John said fine let's meet, and they went somewhere in the car, and John got so pissed off at Mick that he started screaming at him so Mick told the driver to stop and let him out.

Huh! Never heard that...source?
01-28-04 08:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
"an odd reply by Mr. Motels"

What???!!!!!!! LOL. I suppose it all depends on how you look at it. Of course no one wants to see a child living with abusive parents. But nowadays the State has waaay too much power in these matters. (in all matters for that matter) IMO. I'll vote Libertarian this year as usual. So that's where I'm coming from.
01-29-04 10:43 AM
Monkey Woman Back on topic, somewhat.

I read something about Mick and John in Bebe Buell's autobiography (title: Rebel Heart, co-author Victor Bokris).

A famous '70s supermodel, she was Mick's girlfriend around 1974-75 and they used to hang out with other musicians: Keith, Ronnie, Rod Stewart, David Bowie and John Lennon. Bebe tells how Mick took her too see John for her birthday. John was at home with his girlfriend May Pang (so Yoko wasn't around...) and they talked a lot and went to a Chinese restaurant. Well... Mick wanted to start a sex party but May would have none of that!

From what she recounts, Mick and John were friendly and appreciative of each other, but there was still an undercurrent of rivality and competition. I also read in a Jagger interview elsewhere that later in the '70s, when John was more reclusive and lived with Yoko again, Mick lived nearby and used to send him postcards from all over the world, saying "I was there", as if to remind John that he was missing a lot by staying entrenched in his flat.

So there may be something in what Mick said. He must have been talking about that period. In the early '70s, though, he used to hang out with John and Yoko both. See these pics of Bob Gruen for instance...

At Record Plant, 1973

Mick, John and Yoko, 1972

I think it was also around that time that Mick recorded the song "Too Many Cooks" with John.
01-29-04 10:46 AM
glencar Mr. Motels, it was meant tongue-in-cheek.

What an odd pic of Mick & the Lennons. She looks so unhappy. He should have stayed with May Peng.
01-29-04 03:05 PM
Jaxx
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Did Mick and John ever collaborate on anything / play together? -

Long lost Lennon-Jagger recording for auction

18/01/2003 - 14:10:11

A long lost musical collaboration between Mick Jagger and John Lennon has been unearthed more than a quarter of a century after it was recorded, it emerged today.

The track, a cover of the blues song Too Many Cooks, was recorded in 1974 with Jagger on vocals and Lennon on guitar, but it was never released.

And the discovery could leave a record dealer singing all the way to the bank when an acetate record of the song goes under the hammer next month.

Tom Fisher, 34, who runs Rat Records in Camberwell, south London, bought the unlabelled acetate – a record made directly from a master tape – for just £20 four years ago.

He bought it off a man in west London claiming to be a friend of Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood.

“This guy said Ronnie Wood had given him a load of records,” he said.

“I took the gamble because there was just something about the guy. I had a feeling what he was telling me was true.

“We didn’t know what was on this particular acetate because it had no label on it but I bought some others as well.”

When he played it Mr Fisher realised it was Jagger singing on the record but did not know Lennon was on guitar until he decided to sell it.

It was sent to London auctioneers Copper Owen who, Mr Fisher said, sent it to Jagger’s agent for verification.

Jagger is said to have personally verified it as genuine and said it was recorded while Lennon was estranged from Yoko Ono – the so-called “Lost Weekend” period.

Too Many Cooks was written by songwriter Willie Dixon and the auction house describes the Jagger/Lennon version as a “funky blues-style track”.

The 10 inch acetate will go on sale as part of Copper Owen’s Rock Legends auction on February 20.

Mr Fisher said it was impossible to guess how much it may go for.

“It is very collectable and very rare. I am hoping there is going to be a lot of interest in it and I certainly expect to do a little better than the £20 I paid for it.

“It’s likely to pay dividends and I feel pretty lucky. It’s an absolutely cracking track.”

On whether the song has the chance of being released Mr Fisher said he did not know how the copyright would work considering the two men involved and the fact it was a cover version.

He said: “I know both the relevant camps are quite keen on collecting items such as this as a boost for any new compilation releases.”

Mr Fisher sold other acetates he bought from the same man at auction last year. They were versions of well established songs, including ones by the Stones and Ike and Tina Turner, and they still sold for between £300 and £500.

Other items in next month’s sale include Jimi Hendrix’s famous white Fender Stratocaster and the black left-handed Fender Stratocaster used by Kurt Cobain on Nirvana’s Nevermind tour.

01-29-04 03:10 PM
mac_daddy "Too Many Cooks" can be found on It's Only Goat's Head Soup

that's LA all the way, isn't? Keltner and his crew, etc...
01-29-04 04:18 PM
moy Compatibility of Yoko Ono with Mick Jagger
Physical 62%
Emotional 93%
Intellectual 1%
Overall 52%

http://www.facade.com/biorhythm/relationship/?Celeb=Yoko_Ono&Celeb2=Mick_Jagger

01-29-04 05:55 PM
Joey " the appearance of both Courtney and Yoko on their respective scenes eerily coincides with the beginning of each man's descent. both are also blamed, by those close to the situations, for the demise of both bands...

I'm not even touching the fit/unfit mother thing (although, if that is what she looks like in court as she fights for the custody of her kid, she doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell)... "

Mac_Daddy :

I got my eye on you son !

Jack Daddy !
01-29-04 11:15 PM
glencar The sad part is that not all of Yoko's music is completely useless. I love "Walking On Thin Ice." Seriously.
01-30-04 09:47 AM
Factory Girl Yoko is the type of person who needs to spead her misery. Too bad John was into that. I think Yoko was a mother-figure to him also.

Back to Courtney-her music with her band Hole was pretty good. Besides, Nirvana ended when Kurt blew his brains b/c he was depressed in his smacked-out state.
01-30-04 09:51 AM
Joey " The sad part is that not all of Yoko's music is completely useless. I love "Walking On Thin Ice." Seriously. "

" Walking on Thin Ice ?!?! "

" WALKING ON THIN ICE " ?!?!

01-30-04 10:14 AM
Factory Girl Joey, I NEED the link to your new EMOTICON page!!!!

Please!!!!
01-30-04 01:01 PM
Joey " Joey, I NEED the link to your new EMOTICON page!!!! "

02-01-04 09:26 PM
corgi37 John Lennon: Beatle. Revolutionary. Icon. Peace activist. House maid.
I recall reading (a life time ago) that Jagger and Lennon used to go fishing together! This would be around 73 or so. Can you imagine that? A nice, quite day of fishing and reflection. 4 assistants to put the bait on the hooks, a Michelin rated chef to provide nibblies, a Navy Seal team in the water to catch the fish and place them on the hooks, a professional line tugger to alert the persons holding the rods for the boys that a fish is on line, a person to reel the fish in, another to hold the fish, a press team to take photos of the boys near the fish (not actually holding the slimy thing) and of course, the drivers of the limo's. Nice day out, really.

Courtney Love: Stripper. Slut. Wife of the Left Handed Headless Axeman. Screecher. Actress (????). Professional Addict.
The one thing i admire about her is her ample (fake) bosoms and her propensity to display them at the drop of a hat.
02-02-04 07:29 AM
scratched The compatibility of scratched with Kate Moss =

Physical 100%
Emotional 95%
Intellectual 26%
Overall 74%

Wahey!!!!!
02-02-04 09:59 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Joey, I NEED the link to your new EMOTICON page!!!!

Please!!!!

Naughty Joey! He uses this thread and wouldn't say it:
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/pages/pageindexa.htm
See the "Signs" section!

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH