ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is Toronto Rocks worth it? Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd February 2007 02:32 PM
mickmask
quote:
fna69 wrote:
just the single. its all they had.

You have a pm.
3rd February 2007 03:28 PM
mickmask A few more from that day...

3rd February 2007 03:36 PM
CraigP I watched "Toronto Rocks" last night for the 1st time in a year or two (at least, Ac/Dc and Stones sets).
I'd like to recant my prior response to a small extent.

I got a vibe that The Stones either all had colds, were fucked-up out of their minds, had an argument before their set, were tired and didn't want to be there and/or just were having an off night.

When Ac/Dc took the stage with them, they backed off in a sense of defeat. Keith put in these "solos" that were mere bland fills. I mean, I sound more alive playing in my sleep. Ronnie was a wus and didn't play much of anything or was just too drunk and knew it. When Angus goes over to ronnie to show him up, Ronnie sort-of ducks down in defeat.

Whoever mixed the audio (It likely wasn't the Stones) turned down Ronnie to almost zero on the fader. Mick's voice was loud with the back-up singers quiet like the mixer wanted to show how bad the Stones really sounded that night... I would have done the same, likely.

The set was too short for both of the only good bands to hit that stage!
3rd February 2007 03:40 PM
mojoman no
3rd February 2007 07:50 PM
mickmask
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I watched "Toronto Rocks" last night for the 1st time in a year or two (at least, Ac/Dc and Stones sets).
I'd like to recant my prior response to a small extent.

I got a vibe that The Stones either all had colds, were fucked-up out of their minds, had an argument before their set, were tired and didn't want to be there and/or just were having an off night.

When Ac/Dc took the stage with them, they backed off in a sense of defeat. Keith put in these "solos" that were mere bland fills. I mean, I sound more alive playing in my sleep. Ronnie was a wus and didn't play much of anything or was just too drunk and knew it. When Angus goes over to ronnie to show him up, Ronnie sort-of ducks down in defeat.

Whoever mixed the audio (It likely wasn't the Stones) turned down Ronnie to almost zero on the fader. Mick's voice was loud with the back-up singers quiet like the mixer wanted to show how bad the Stones really sounded that night... I would have done the same, likely.

The set was too short for both of the only good bands to hit that stage!

So you didn't like it huh?
Personally I really enjoyed their performance.
No, not the Stones finest hour by any means, but they WERE tired. Apparently they'd just flown in to T.O. the day before and had to fly back to Prague immediately after the show.
I really liked Keiths 'Nearness of You' which btw was not a filler but a dedication to the families of the victims of the Sars epidemic. Many tears around me.
Yes, there were some screw ups, noticable to the trained ear, but no one seemed to care..they were having such a good time.
Regardless of the short notice to organize this thing,the size of the crowd and the incredible mind-bending heat that day the city of Toronto pulled this off beautifully, without a problem and we will always appreciate the Stones taking the time to help out.

I don't think there were many critics that day.

(oooooh...except maybe when JT took the stage )

mm
[Edited by mickmask]
[Edited by mickmask]
3rd February 2007 08:00 PM
fireontheplatter overall i think it is a fun dvd really. it is nice that it is a daytime event for many of the bands playing...i can see more if you know what i mean. also it is nice to view other bands that normally i wouldn't buy there dvds...as i mentioned before, the ariel views are out of this world. my nephew was a 100 feet from the stage and he had a great time. he said it was very hot that day.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)