ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is Toronto Rocks worth it? Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th January 2007 08:33 PM
fna69 was thinking of picking up the Toronto Rocks DVD? is it worth the $27? Thanks.
29th January 2007 08:48 PM
CraigP No. The Stones blow on it. Ac/dc shows them up for sure at their own goddam show.
29th January 2007 08:50 PM
pdog I'm going to rent it, someday!
29th January 2007 09:06 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Ac/dc shows them up for sure at their own goddam show.

...and that's not worth $27?
29th January 2007 09:10 PM
muncy23 I actually recommend this one. i futher recommend the complete concert(stones) which can be found by searching the internet, or im sure somebody on this site has a copy.
29th January 2007 09:13 PM
SweetVirginia Isn't that the show featuring that painful rendition of "Miss You" with Justin Timberlake?

Humiliating.

29th January 2007 09:49 PM
fna69 Yea....didnt Jagger start singing Cry Me A River on that one?
30th January 2007 12:32 AM
mickmask Can't let this one slide..lol.
I saw this concert and I'd HAVE to recommend it to anyone...for it's entertainment value.
Yes, the Stones set was short ...but I really didn't recall them 'blowing'.
There was some premium entertainment there that day...make sure you check out the Guess Who and Tea Party,(included in the Canuck double disc version)Rush...who were instrumentally on fire..and AC/DC..who brought the house..er..field down.

Yes, it does include the Jagger/Timberlake connection..which was really not that bad..if u have a sense of humour..Watch them ducking the (water?)bottles and Keith threatening a fan...just hilarious..certainly not to be missed.
There's a great set with AC/DC and Ruby Tuesday was unforgettable.

I don't think the dvd captured the 'essence' of the day as well as it could have..but they did capture me.
Other than that there's the gratuitous booby shots and alot of.... 'purple haze'.

mm.

[Edited by mickmask]
30th January 2007 01:51 AM
Freejack

I liked it. Classic line up, the crowd looks like they are having a blast. The Stones and ACDC -nuff said
30th January 2007 04:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
fna69 wrote:
was thinking of picking up the Toronto Rocks DVD? is it worth the $27? Thanks.

Not the official release as its not the full show.

However, the bootleg version in pristine quality is worth getting as you get both the Stones and AC DC's sets in full and then can argue all you like as to who blew who and who just plain blew.

Not their finest hour IMO, but visually its quite good and any Stones pro shot DVD is worth getting
30th January 2007 11:38 AM
gimmekeef It aint Rio or Buenos Aires...but for historical content not bad and everyone that played gave it a good shot!...I'd check ebay though or amazon..bet ya can find one used for way less than $27....
30th January 2007 12:56 PM
Some Guy Rush was good.
30th January 2007 02:43 PM
fna69 Hmm i'll probably pick it up. The size of the crowd is amazing, and seeing keith get pissed is worth the money alone. Anyone have a link to buy the bootleg pro-shot of the full Stones/ Ac-dc performance? Thanks
30th January 2007 02:51 PM
polytoxic
quote:
fna69 wrote:
Hmm i'll probably pick it up. The size of the crowd is amazing, and seeing keith get pissed is worth the money alone. Anyone have a link to buy the bootleg pro-shot of the full Stones/ Ac-dc performance? Thanks

It was an awesome day. The whole damn city was all about the Stones. It was a great day to be a Stones fan in Toronto. Kinda full circle from the '77 bust. Never seen anything like it. Fucking magical day, it was. Yeah, not their best performance but still many cool moments. I don't have a link to the boot but it can't be too hard to come by. It's definitely out there.
30th January 2007 05:04 PM
glencar I quite like Rock Me Baby. Not sure who blew who.
30th January 2007 05:13 PM
nankerphelge AC/DC set alone is worth the money.

This past weekend, as part of the "here, take the rest of your damn shit out of the house," my soon-to-be-ex gave me the two newspapers I brought back from the show. Man what a crowd and what a day!!

30th January 2007 05:14 PM
Soldatti AC/DC was awesome that day.
30th January 2007 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter absolutly worth it. i got a copy and it has not left the dvd player for two days.
i don't care for the miss u version with justin timberlake.
the guess who do 2 good songs....ac/dc sucks....rush is good.
i like the ariel shots...it was a big day for toronto.

30th January 2007 08:13 PM
LadyJane I think it's worth it, but I was there and it's kind of a souvenir for me.

That crowd....WOW.

Too bad the North American debut of "Nearness of You" didn't make it to the DVD.

*******sigh***********

LJ.

30th January 2007 09:12 PM
SweetVirginia Some pics:

31st January 2007 02:10 AM
steel driving hammer All on U Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rolling+stones+toronto

You can still buy it though...
31st January 2007 12:26 PM
rogerriffin one of the best images!!!

Thanks www.crabsodyinblue.com
[Edited by rogerriffin]
31st January 2007 12:36 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
one of the best images!!!

Thanks www.crabsodyinblue.com
[Edited by rogerriffin]

drummers, eh...always stick together.
31st January 2007 12:45 PM
Jumping Jack This was Joshy's favorite show of all time. He loved JT!!!
31st January 2007 12:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Some pics:

I think I can see myself by the second speaker.
31st January 2007 04:10 PM
Lazy Bones this is one of my favs...

31st January 2007 05:31 PM
mickmask
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I think I can see myself by the second speaker.

I see u! LOL!!

Actually, that's right about where we set up camp...right at the edge of the tarmack ...great spot to watch the freakshow.
When it got too hot I crawled under the shade of a tandem trailer (with about 100 other people). There were people making out in plain view! I covered my eyes..(just a little)

mm.
2nd February 2007 06:25 PM
fna69 Bought it and watched it today. The crowd is fucking incredible. Ac-dc did great, but Angus makes the show. Actually enjoyed the miss you duet with JT and found it amusing that it was Jagger who thought of the whole "cry me a river" snippit idea. Would have loved to have been there, and it looked like a amazing day for everyone.
2nd February 2007 11:04 PM
mickmask What version did u buy? Double or single?

mm.
2nd February 2007 11:46 PM
fna69 just the single. its all they had.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)