ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bigger Bang early mixes Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th January 2007 11:36 AM
sway1 Thanks Gazza, I am really enjoying listening to the tracks trying to tell any difference between the offical ones to these! Great job! Thanks!!!
27th January 2007 04:53 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well lets hope Ronnie was a Scrooge this Xmas and didnt take care of his kids...maybe then we'll get some Voodoo like outtakes!

Huh? Is that howe Voodoo Brew & Stew came about?
27th January 2007 05:16 PM
Gazza ..apparently so
27th January 2007 09:02 PM
gotdablouse Well if there are no leftovers from ABB, I can certainly live with those from SW that we got a taste of last August. Our friend said he had more coming, but maybe he got a phone call, or something...

Thanks a TON for sharing these tracks Gazza, what it soulseek for my info ?

Listening to #1 LMDS right now and it does sound pretty different from the released track, rawer definitely, remind me of DWGHome, not quite as "refined" I would say, the official version is better, more "class".

So I wonder why RFD is not on there, must have been one of the later tracks like RJ.

On to DWGHome, seems slower, hence it being longer maybe !
[Edited by gotdablouse]
28th January 2007 05:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Thanks a TON for sharing these tracks Gazza, what it soulseek for my info ?

[Edited by gotdablouse]

http://www.slsknet.org/
28th January 2007 12:51 PM
JaggerLips Thanks, downloaded Don't Wanna Go Home and in the process of downloading Radar, two songs I have heard of just never actually heard.

Will give my own personal review in due course.

Rock On

Keef to be a Pirate!

28th January 2007 02:33 PM
JaggerLips We Don't Wanna Go Home. Great song, catchy lyrics definitely should have been on the album along with Under The Radar, think I need time for Radar to grow on me though!

Listening to Memo From Turner.

30th January 2007 03:51 AM
IanBillen Best digging in a long time here. Haven't got a chance to hear them but I will. Much Thanks Gazza.

Clearly:

A Bigger Bang Sessions seemed to focus on a core set of songs, from the core group members vs. a load of songs with all kinds of session musicians and back-up singers.

This is exactly what we wanted. A stripped down simpler affair, that led to a direct, straight forward, harder hitting album without all the fat.

The Stones knew, and realized, what we were looking for and what was called for this time and it was delivered. Say what you will but when the chips are down they know what is needed when it is a make or break situation and they pull it out.

This album was definately an "on the spot" deal.

If this album would of been even so much as mediocre it would of had everyone clinching the fact that it would of now, for sure, been time to put the fork in The Stones as a studio affair without a chance of redemption. Now with the suprising result it confirms they are still viable in the studio as well as in concert a Bigger Bang bread them viable in the studio without all the critisism for a future release.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
30th January 2007 05:51 AM
Gazza Fair point, Ian - however their reluctance to play much of it to the stage where by the end of the tour they were actually ignoring it completely would suggest that the band themselves dont share your belief in it's merits. Which is a shame.
30th January 2007 07:48 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fair point, Ian - however their reluctance to play much of it to the stage where by the end of the tour they were actually ignoring it completely would suggest that the band themselves dont share your belief in it's merits. Which is a shame.

Or maybe they just decided it would be futile to convince the fans it was worth hearing live - which is also a shame.
30th January 2007 08:12 AM
Gazza the two arent unconnected, Mel. If they had had enough faith in it, they'd have hit everyone up the face with the songs so hard with it that thay'd have made sure everyone knew about the new songs. A la 'Some Girls'...
30th January 2007 09:22 AM
gimmekeef Guys..that would have required some effort...instead of going thru the motions which on many nights is what they did...Also believe Mick likely figured that with some venues that they hadnt played and some that were played years ago the big hits was safer route especially considering the ticket prices.Maybe Europe will hear a few unplayed AAB like Dangerous Beauty or LIND....hopefully anyway....
31st January 2007 01:18 PM
rogerriffin Dangerousbeauty never complete the lyrics, but its diferent vocal sessions.

Letmedowslow have one guitar sound extra that delete for official cd.

Exist any outtakes or different mixes from Bridges to Babylon, 4 new songs of 40 Licks???

Only Dont Stop have two takes???

2nd February 2007 02:40 AM
GotToRollMe Many thanks to Gazza for unearthing these. What would we do without ya?

Since there's no prospect of finding these in a lossless format, they can also be found here for those who use bit torrents: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3609011

2nd February 2007 07:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Many thanks to Gazza for unearthing these. What would we do without ya?

I think you're selling yourself short, kiddo. It was you who got me to try that soulseek site and who gave me the names of a few members on it with interesting collections - one of whom (if I remember right) happened to be the guy with these ABB mixes.
2nd February 2007 10:26 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think you're selling yourself short, kiddo. It was you who got me to try that soulseek site and who gave me the names of a few members on it with interesting collections - one of whom (if I remember right) happened to be the guy with these ABB mixes.

This is true...BUT...YOU were the guy who found 'em. Credit where credit is due, my man.

2nd February 2007 10:37 AM
Saint Sway ^ BEST PIC EVER!!!!

It should replace the Brian photo at the top of the page!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd February 2007 03:00 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fair point, Ian - however their reluctance to play much of it to the stage where by the end of the tour they were actually ignoring it completely would suggest that the band themselves dont share your belief in it's merits. Which is a shame.

I don't know why they didn't push the album before, or after it's release. I cannot make any excuses for them on that one, because it, for once, really stumps me.

Is it because they knew this album was never meant to be a smash after a bit of showing it around?

Is it because they realized it isn't a commercial style release so why try and push it towards that?

I don't think they thought it was sub-par? Hmmmm not after even Charlie claims he was really satisifed with this record...as they all acted like it was a goody.

All that I know is I was super pleased, and still am. The album itself is actually somewhat of a mystery compared to all their recent releases.

Both in the songs they tried, and how it never made it as big as their previous four records when it is that darn good.

Does it make it that much more of a gem because of all this?

Do they think that it will prevail to be more recognized down the road if they let it kinda slide on by since they knew it was never destined for stardom anyway?

Maybe it is the latter of these reasons. That is all I can come up with on this one Gazza. One thing is for sure, they suprised the heck out of you and I on the quality of it upon it's release.

Ian
3rd February 2007 03:06 AM
Bloozehound Ian wishes upon a star, A Bigger Bang wasn't a fresh hot carl!

[Edited by Bloozehound]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)