ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore MD First Mariner Ctr Feb. 1st Setlist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 1st, 2006 09:32 PM
pdog From Shidoobee !!!
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Let's Spend the Night Together
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. All Down The Line
5. Love Is Strong
6. Wild Horses
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumblin' Dice
9. Gimme Shelter
10. This Place Is Empty
11. Happy
12. Miss You
13. Start Me Up
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
20. Satisfaction
[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
February 1st, 2006 09:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey pdog!! You takin' on the job tonight!! Wish we were there!!
February 1st, 2006 09:39 PM
glencar I thought we already had a thread about this show???
February 1st, 2006 09:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought we already had a thread about this show???

Bet you can post at double posting speed on both of them and beat me!!
February 1st, 2006 09:46 PM
glencar LOL Thanks, I guess...
February 1st, 2006 09:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG Riffy - your "source" was right on!!
February 1st, 2006 09:51 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Riffy - your "source" was right on!!

What can I say? I am a well connected man! I would say well hung,but well connected anyway.

Riffy
February 1st, 2006 09:51 PM
LadyJane Wild Horses...

Nice.....

February 1st, 2006 09:53 PM
glencar Nah, I'd rather hear WAY or ATGB than WH or RT. That's just me though.
February 1st, 2006 09:53 PM
LadyJane 1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. All Down The Line
5. Love Is Strong
6. Wild Horses
7. Midnight Rambler

NICE SETLIST!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore..........literally developing.......
February 1st, 2006 09:55 PM
glencar Love Is Strong is a great choice.
February 1st, 2006 09:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG So far TomL is 3 for 7 on his "Dream" setlist
February 1st, 2006 10:09 PM
LadyJane Thanks to jaggergurl...I just heard most of Tumblin D.

The Band is smokin Baltimore.

February 1st, 2006 10:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG You lucky girl!! Closest thing to being there!
February 1st, 2006 10:29 PM
Soldatti Setlist up on RS.com
http://www.rollingstones.com/virtualticket/
February 1st, 2006 10:42 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 The only reason that set is so awesome is the fact that they didn't play Rain Fall Down. Otherwise it'd be just a normal set, juggled a bit. I must say though I'm quite glad to see Wild Horses back in the set.
February 1st, 2006 11:09 PM
Soldatti Ok, I'm first: only 2 new songs?
February 1st, 2006 11:20 PM
PeerQueer Love is Strong!

Fuck yeah!

One of the few, and certainly the last, great Stones video!

Mick's junk swingin' 2 stories high...

yes sah!
February 1st, 2006 11:48 PM
pdog Baltimore was "Lugarized" !!!
Which is the polar opposite of "Omaha'ed" !!!
I'm here til' I die... Remember to tip the servers...
February 2nd, 2006 12:03 AM
Riffhard Well I just talked to my "deep,deep,deep source",he said the show was a B- as far as the band was concerned. He said,not surprisingly,that Mick and Charlie carried the show. This has been a pattern of late,and the fact that my friend confirmed it is disturbing. He also echoed a much talked about theory when he said that Ronnie looked stoned or drugged. He said both Keith and Ronnie showed flashes of brilliance,but that both played very sloppy at times. In particular he said that Ronnie butchered LIS,and that at one time Mick gave him a very nasty look after an innappropriate(?) solo. He said the band all shined on Rambler. Which is always nice to hear.

He talked with Jade and Lizzie's former nanny who was seated right next to him. She had worked for Mick as far back as the Exile days! He also heard Alan Dunn talking about the Super Bowl gig with her. Dunn said that there is alot of apprehension about the gig because of the security measures. Apparently the Stones and crew are nervous about it for that reason alone. Terrorists and what not. As for the setlist for the gig. Look for SMU,GOMC,and one more that went unmentioned. Perhaps the Motown tribute? Though my source did say that there was no mention of said tribute,and that the setlist was subject to change. We shall see.

Riffy
February 2nd, 2006 12:16 AM
Lavendar ~~~Under The Radar!~~~ GRrrrrrate SET-LIST!!!!!
February 2nd, 2006 04:55 AM
Gazza playing only 2 songs from the new album (and one of them Keith's, at that) is fucking outrageous

No bloody excuses for that

February 2nd, 2006 06:04 AM
Maxlugar Baltimore was not Omaha'ed.

February 2nd, 2006 06:50 AM
corgi37 Why not only 2 Gazza? The album is a bust.
February 2nd, 2006 08:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

With thanks to Sue and Algerina Perna

February 2nd, 2006 08:34 AM
Mel Belli I guess we technically were "Omaha'ed," but I had a great time anyway ... I didn't hear any clams from Ronnie; that little improv solo he did on LIS was actually pretty good. From where I sat, the look on Mick's face was somewhere between pleased and amused. If he should've been dirty-looking anyone, it was Keith -- for botching the intro beyond recognition.

Had a blast with the Shidoobeans at O'Sheas. Nanky, it was great finally meeting you!

February 2nd, 2006 08:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot >playing only 2 songs from the new album (and one of them Keith's, at that) is fucking outrageous. No bloody excuses for that.<

>Why not only 2 Gazza? The album is a bust.<

There ya go. Why play songs that suck? It appears that even the band recognizes that they farted out an inferior product this time.

I suggest that if we want a setlist heavy on new songs...then the Stones need to put out better material...material worth playing.

February 2nd, 2006 09:27 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. All Down The Line
5. Love Is Strong
6. Wild Horses
7. Midnight Rambler

NICE SETLIST!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore..........literally developing.......

YAY!! it did connect.. LJ...wanted you to be there... sorry about the phone problems.. it kept dropping calls.. I tried to call you back during PIB.. but my battery was dead..

can i say that MR was absolutely amazing... that song had was so white hot last nite.. just phenomenal!!!

February 2nd, 2006 09:32 AM
nankerphelge I thought the show was excellent.

The set list was no MSG, but no one really ecpected that.
But we got to hear some fine stuff -- All Down the Line was smoking. LIS was fine despite a couple of very minor mistakes. And Mick's harp was a highlight! Wild Horses was a nice change in the ballad department. Paint it Black was again the most powerful song of the night! Oh and of course Rambler was awesome!

I thought Keith and Ronnie both played great -- Ronnie seemed sober to me -- eyes were clear and he was playing very well. Keith seemed very focused throughout -- he was all over the place on both stages.

The Stones acknowledged that they hadn't been there since '69 and a lot had changed (the Colts bolted). They seemed happy to be playing there again and the size of the venue was like being in a college gym!!!

I was row A in section 111 which was so close to the B stage -- at one point during GOMC, Mick spotted me jumping around like an idiot and decided that I had the right idea -- got an eye-to-eye hand over the head handclap directed right at me!!

All in all I'd say it was a very solid show!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
February 2nd, 2006 09:40 AM
charlotte great show by the band and audience-this small venue was an excellent way to see the band...I did not hear any problems from Ronnie and he looked ok to me, I was right in front of him...if anyone was fucking off it was Keith but most of the show he was on fire, there were a few tapers around, actually you could do whatever you wanted inside

excellent setlist-I have heard already 4 of the 6 ABB tunes they have played, and with Keith's other solo ABB-This Place Is Empty, it's 5 of 6, Rain Fall Down I am sure I will hear soon enough

1.Charlotte
2.Baltimore
3.Giants
4.Durham
5.UVA

[Edited by charlotte]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)