ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore MD First Mariner Ctr Feb. 1st Setlist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 2nd, 2006 09:42 AM
gimmekeef Makes one wonder now if RFD will be played at the Super Bowl...or any new tunes at all?....
February 2nd, 2006 09:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dammit gk! Stop it.

You are gonna jinx us, and they'll end up doing RFD, SOL, and NEOCON!!!

GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
February 2nd, 2006 10:01 AM
LadyJane Nice review Nanky!

Having seen with my own eyes just howe CRAZY you react to this band, I have NO DOUBT Mick spotted you!!

Sounds like you guys/gals got a GREAT show.

LJ.
February 2nd, 2006 10:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Why not only 2 Gazza? The album is a bust.

it obviously wasnt a bust in New York just 2 weeks earlier when they played four

and to think there were some naysayers who answered the criticisms of the lack of new songs in the setlist early in the tour with "but they always only play a small number to start with and then play more later on"

proof if ever it was needed that the 21st century Stones are nothing more than a vaudeville act pandering to the lowest common denominator and that artistically they have absolutely no balls.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 2nd, 2006 10:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Makes one wonder now if RFD will be played at the Super Bowl...or any new tunes at all?....

No chance

If they cant play new songs to their own FANS at one of their own shows, they're sure as hell not going to play them to 70,000 people for whom their appearance is only a side-show.

The Superbowl is one event where I HOPE they dont play new songs, but the lack of them at their own show is inexcusable
February 2nd, 2006 10:37 AM
charlotte did someone say? "vaudeville act" "HOPE"???

Never dreamed back in August 05 that it would take me 5 shows to see 5 from ABB....
[Edited by charlotte]
February 2nd, 2006 10:49 AM
gimmekeef Or no Hope!
February 2nd, 2006 11:25 AM
Gazza theres about as much chance of Bob Hope performing new material in 2006 as there is of the Stones' doing the same
February 2nd, 2006 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Kurtcobainkid87 wrote:
The only reason that set is so awesome is the fact that they didn't play Rain Fall Down.

YES !!!!!

Let's hope RFD is gone for good ( although the Omaha crowd simply rejoiced at Darryl's sublime and prodigious bass solo )

JACKY !
February 2nd, 2006 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
theres about as much chance of Bob Hope performing new material in 2006 as there is of the Stones' doing the same

Gazza ......................

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

February 2nd, 2006 12:00 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

YES !!!!!

Let's hope RFD is gone for good ( although the Omaha crowd simply rejoiced at Darryl's sublime and prodigious bass solo )

JACKY !

Buncha rubes.
February 2nd, 2006 12:04 PM
glencar Only 2 songs is a shame but this is a mini-break so let's hope they bring out a new one for the road.
February 2nd, 2006 12:25 PM
Stones [

He talked with Jade and Lizzie's former nanny who was seated right next to him. She had worked for Mick as far back as the Exile days! He also heard Alan Dunn talking about the Super Bowl gig with her. Dunn said that there is alot of apprehension about the gig because of the security measures. Apparently the Stones and crew are nervous about it for that reason alone. Terrorists and what not. As for the setlist for the gig. Look for SMU,GOMC,and one more that went unmentioned. Perhaps the Motown tribute? Though my source did say that there was no mention of said tribute,and that the setlist was subject to change. We shall see.

Riffy

[/quote]

What does GOMC stand for?- I am drawing a blank
February 2nd, 2006 12:28 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Stones wrote:
What does GOMC stand for?- I am drawing a blank

Get Off Of My Cloud.
February 2nd, 2006 12:33 PM
Stones Thanks Chief
February 2nd, 2006 12:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Let's Spend the Night Together
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. All Down The Line
5. Love Is Strong
6. Wild Horses
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumblin' Dice
9. Gimme Shelter

Great set!!! AND NO RFD!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!

could this be a sign??? Will they spare us the humiliation of seeing them embarrass themselves performing RFD at the Super Bowl?? Or better yet, will they drop the song for good??

this is - possibly - a fantastic turn of events!!
February 2nd, 2006 01:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

AND NO RFD!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!

could this be a sign??? Will they spare us the humiliation of seeing them embarrass themselves performing RFD at the Super Bowl??
this is - possibly - a fantastic turn of events!!

***** No " RFD " at the Super Bowl !!!! *******

Fox News is reporting that advertising rates for the Superbowl just increased two hundred percent on word that the Stones will NOT play " Rain Fall Down " during the Halftime Show .

Personally , I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .

Sniggles !
February 2nd, 2006 01:51 PM
glencar No RFD, no peace!
February 2nd, 2006 02:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

***** No " RFD " at the Super Bowl !!!! *******

Fox News is reporting that advertising rates for the Superbowl just increased two hundred percent on word that the Stones will NOT play " Rain Fall Down " during the Halftime Show .

Personally , I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .

Sniggles !

LOL!!! I hear Sprint yanked their ads.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
February 2nd, 2006 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL!!! I hear Sprint yanked their ads.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

Just in from AP !!! :

Advertising rates have now increased by three hundred percent ..............

Developing .............. literally !

JACKY !!! ®

February 2nd, 2006 03:33 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

February 3rd, 2006 01:05 AM
KeepRigid Anyone up for a show tonight? If so, start posting some song titles.

Let's have it in Sante Fe, NM.

Thanks!
February 3rd, 2006 09:31 AM
Factory Girl Baltimore 2006 was the best Stones show that I've seen since MCI No security. B/more was GREAT!!

Wild Horses, GS, MR, GOMC were fantastic!!

I'm a little tired of SFD.

Thanks to all the great people I met in B/More!!
February 3rd, 2006 10:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Anyone up for a show tonight? If so, start posting some song titles.

Let's have it in Sante Fe, NM.

Thanks!

LOL...now theres a plan...
February 3rd, 2006 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Baltimore 2006 was the best Stones show that I've seen since MCI No security. B/more was GREAT!!

Wild Horses, GS, MR, GOMC were fantastic!!

I'm a little tired of SFD.

Thanks to all the great people I met in B/More!!

Glad you enjoyed it....is that your last show this tour?

You should come to Europe!
February 3rd, 2006 11:12 AM
Factory Girl LOL, Gazza,

I was telling other Stones fans in B/more that I've seen 9 shows, and their response was "This tour???" LOL, we're so hardcore...

Which European shows should I attend?
February 3rd, 2006 11:36 AM
glencar Wembley 2...
February 3rd, 2006 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
LOL, Gazza,

I was telling other Stones fans in B/more that I've seen 9 shows, and their response was "This tour???" LOL, we're so hardcore...

Which European shows should I attend?

the same ones as me, of course!!
February 3rd, 2006 11:46 AM
mac_daddy nice reviews y'all! sounds like a winner to me...

from all the differring opinions re: the condition of certain folks, just goes to show, it is all in the eye of the beholder, and almost entirely speculation. the only proof i have seen to support any claims was that pic backstage at the bowl - ronnie was holding onto something that was emitting smoke, and it wasnt an american spirit (he's better off puffin w33d than smokin' butts anyway), but i think that it really is only his/their business, and negatively speculating about it in public is kind of a tough call...

back to the thread...

i am glad to see the band is lighting it up on this leg of the tour. i cant wait to see them again next month. my guess is that the shows south of the (us) border are gonna be off the hook...

edited for clarity and spelling
[Edited by mac_daddy]
February 3rd, 2006 12:58 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the same ones as me, of course!!

And those are??
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)