ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC / DC Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-31-03 05:26 AM
Zeeta Just been listening to Highway to hell album!
I am really diggin it man...but what do you guys think?
I had it on my walkman on the way to work and was strutting down the street cool as fuck!
(well at least I thought I was!)
Do you dig it!????????
Or is it too heavy rockin'?
But the older I get the heaveir my tunes are!
humour me...
01-31-03 05:29 AM
marko great ac/dc album,buy also back in black.I used to be a big
ac/dc fan,,but i got bored in their sound&style.Same
fucking song all over again.
01-31-03 07:08 AM
J.J.Flash I REALLY LOVE AC/DC MAN! THE STONES ARE THE BEST, BUT AC/DC ROCKS ME TOO. BON SCOTT, WHAT A WONDERFUL GUY, GREAT PERSON, REALLY REALLY A ROCK'N'ROLLER! REST IN PEACE BON! LIKE BACK IN BLACK TOO, FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, RAZORS EDGE(BRIAN JOHNSON ERA).
Take care guys and keep rockin'!
01-31-03 07:38 AM
TT AC-DC are huge Stones fans either.

I was an ACDC fan (1979)BEFORE I discovered the Stones (1982). If you like those AC/DC riffs, itīs just a step away to Keithīs riffs. They paved the way for me.

Btw: AC-DC fucking rocked in 2000! Saw them in Hamburg in a field and their sound was just brilliant (loud and clear).
01-31-03 07:47 AM
egon i like them from time to time.
have a life album from 1992(?) (can't remember title)
great music for in the car.

apparently angus is married to a dutch woman and lives
in holland. (for the dutch; in de achterhoek!)
01-31-03 08:35 AM
nankerphelge Take a listen to Powerage and Let There Be Rock.
The boys can rock.
01-31-03 09:35 AM
lucasd4
quote:
TT wrote:
AC-DC are huge Stones fans either.

I was an ACDC fan (1979)BEFORE I discovered the Stones (1982). If you like those AC/DC riffs, itīs just a step away to Keithīs riffs. They paved the way for me.

Btw: AC-DC fucking rocked in 2000! Saw them in Hamburg in a field and their sound was just brilliant (loud and clear).

Keith is also a big AC/DC fan...their POWERAGE album is one of his all time favs
01-31-03 09:55 AM
Nasty Habits Powerage is a great album. I also really like If You Want Blood You've Got It and parts of High Voltage, particularly that song "It's a Long Way to the Top If You Want to Rock and Roll".

01-31-03 10:01 AM
justforyou Love 'em, massive guitar sound, cool rhythms, Bon's great tales and Brians raw power. AC/DC's first 10 years were simply awesome...

01-31-03 10:15 AM
nankerphelge Powerage is their best with Bon Scott
Once Brian Johnson joined, things changed. Although Fly on the Wall and Razor's Edge are very good, as of course is Back in Black.
01-31-03 10:28 AM
sirmoonie Great blooze band, I still listen to them a lot. Too often lumped in with Motley Crue, etc. No way!

They actually did a balled once - "Ride on" - check it out.

Saw them once in 1985, they are the real deal.

Angus is the king of mongo-riffs.

Love that band! Play them loud and drunk for best results.
01-31-03 10:52 AM
parmeda Angus & Malcolm ROCK!

High Voltage
The Jack
Dirty Deeds
Let There Be Rock
Girls Got Rhythm
Thunderstruck

This is a great band to see live! The "Hell's Bell" that looms over the stage...the "For Those About To Rock..." cannons blasting out at ya...

I hope they tour again! I'm getting excited!!!
01-31-03 10:57 AM
Fiji Joe Am actively searching for my AC/DC Iron on T-shirt as we speak...Back in Black was the first album I ever bought...and then I discovered Tattoo You
01-31-03 10:59 AM
nankerphelge Yes they are good live -- have seen them 4-5 times and they never ever disappoint.

Add Whole Lotta Rosie
Kicked in the Teeth Again
Ain't No Fun Waitin' Round to be a Millionaire
I'm a Rocker
Jailbreak
Sin City
What's Next to the Moon
and Up to My Neck in You to that list!!

01-31-03 11:05 AM
Hooked No one writes three chords better than AC/DC. Yeah, Highway to Hell is a good album--love "Shot Down in Flames", which they still play live.

I think Let There Be Rock is their best Bon Scott album. It's really raw, it sounds like they recorded it in about an hour and it kicks ass. Back in Black really has no weak spots, except for maybe "Let Me My Love Into You". They have some similar influences as the Stones, particularly the blues, but like the Stones, they made their own sound.

I also saw them in 2000 at MSG. Great show. Good and loud. Age hasn't dimished them either. There's a good video from that tour i got for Xmas last year. Can't remember the name of it (might be "Stiff Upper Lip"), but it's a video of an outdoor show in Germany in 2001 (i think). Good stuff.
01-31-03 11:11 AM
parmeda BTW...I can't wait to see/hear what their plans are for a "mini gig" when they're inducted into the R&R Hall 'O Fame!

Anyone have any scoop on that yet?
01-31-03 11:23 AM
jb When I heard Keith liked them, I began liking them...The VH1 special was great.
On another subject, I was watching Cher on VH1 and she states there was an article that said "if there was a nuclear holocaust, the only things surviving would be cockroaches and Cher"...did I miss this one, or is this a direct rip-off of Keith's ...
01-31-03 11:28 AM
nankerphelge I laughed my ass off when Angus was interviewed on VH1 and he said re: Let There Be Rock something like "we decided we wanted a lot of guitars on that one" -- as opposed to what? Piano? Oboe? It's all guitars Angus -- that's what makes it great!!

It is raw as hell tho!!
01-31-03 11:32 AM
jb The guy from Quiet Riot has an outrageous hairpiece.
01-31-03 11:37 AM
egon jb, YOU like ac/dc?

no way!
01-31-03 11:41 AM
Phog I love AC/DC and have seen them many times. Always a very

good live show. Last time I saw them they played "Hell

Ain't A Bad Place To Be" and it blew my nuts off.

Phog
01-31-03 11:41 AM
jb a little...it's hard not to enjoy some of their rock anthems like "You shook me all night long", "Hells Bells," etc...plus if Keith likes them, they must be O.K.
01-31-03 11:47 AM
egon today it's gonna happen. i feel it.

come on jb, say it!

you like the beatles as well.
01-31-03 11:50 AM
jb Let's not get carried away....I will never cross that line!
01-31-03 11:53 AM
RubyFriday My soccer club here - the FC St.Pauli ,which is in the 2nd League again ,is an alternative club,with a young crowd making a party of every game,not asking how good the game is.Before the players are running onto the fiels ,always Hells Bells is played ,that gives a thrilling atmosphere.
01-31-03 11:53 AM
parmeda egon...jb could be forced into a 12-step program, hypnosis, Chinese torture and the man wouldn't "break". Not on that, he wouldn't...LOL
01-31-03 11:56 AM
jb Notice what a good lawyer I am Pam...I never asked you if you liked the Beatles....It's like when I interned at the public defenders office,...they teach you right away to never , never ask you client if he did it....somethings a best left unsaid..lol
01-31-03 11:59 AM
egon jb, keith likes the beatles...
01-31-03 12:13 PM
Highwire Rob AC~DC -- My number two band to the Stones!

Great songs/albums already mentioned. Don't forget Money Talks from THE RAZORS EDGE.

I asked this a few months ago but didn't get a response:

Have Angus & Keith ever jammed together? Think they will sometime at a Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame gig or some such?

--Rob.
01-31-03 12:44 PM
Madafaka Back In Black is the best Ac/Dc album ever!
They played here in Buenos Aires in the same satdium that Stones did it. Wow... That is a hard rock band! Excellent!
But Stones are gods!!!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST