ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC / DC Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-31-03 12:56 PM
Zeeta I guess you guys love em!
Not even a negative response yet!!
Nice one!
I did'nt know keef liked them, so that just makes them all the better!
BTW Are they from Brummie land? Birmingham? Or Have I just lost it?
01-31-03 01:04 PM
nankerphelge I believe Brian Johnson is -- rest are from Australia.
The Thunda from Down Unda!!
01-31-03 01:16 PM
Hooked I think Brian Johnson is actually a Scot. He got a super-thick accent, you can barely understand him, but he's a pretty entertaining interview.

JB, Beatles fans don't like AC/DC, too rough for them :-) Not surprising there's a link between Stones and AC/DC fans, people appreciate good guitar rock.

Nanky, i also loved that quote from Angus on VH1 about turning the guitars on Let There Be Rock--almost sounded like a Spinal Tap outtake!

And Angus still has some balls wearing that schoolboy outfit when he's almost 50...
01-31-03 03:27 PM
TT Anyone here saw the video of the last tour, recorded in Munich´s Olympic Stadium? Watch SHOOT TO THRILL. Brian says: "Come on, clap your hands with me!" after Angus´ solo, and then 70´000 people clap their hands. The cameras are from fifferent angles and really ANYONE is clapping!

When I became an ACDC fan Bon died (not because of me, actually). Then I discovered all the LPs he sang on. Then came back in Black with Brian (which I really like until today). But afterwards I lost touch with them. But in 2001 I saw them live in hamburg and I made my peace with them.

Best album with Bon: Let There be Rock
with Brian: Back in Black (no doubt)
01-31-03 03:46 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I believe Brian Johnson is -- rest are from Australia.
The Thunda from Down Unda!!

yes, but bon was born english and the young bros. are of scottish origin - the young brothers are also the younger siblings of george young who was in seminal aussie band the the easybeats - most of you may know "friday on my mind" (even if only from bowie's "pin ups")

i've never been a great fan myself but i do like some of the bon era stuff - "long way to the top" and "whole lotta rosie" in particular

i have an interesting story (well for me at least)with an ac/dc connection which i have posted once before but it probably bares repeating

back in '72 i lived in a rural town in south australia - anyway, a band came up from the city (adelaide that is)on a tour of country towns and played at the local town hall to about 100 kids (incl. me) - the band was fraternity and the lead singer bon scott

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-31-03 04:30 PM
Boomhauer AC/DC remasters coming out in the next few months.

Touch too much................oooooooooohhhhhh, love that song!!!!!!!!!
02-01-03 02:29 AM
Uncle Remus Yeah dem' cats is alright. For crackers.
02-01-03 08:45 AM
magicwoman i love acdc after the stones acdc rocks ill think theyre great
02-01-03 12:02 PM
Martini I have been an AC/DC fan since '82, when my brother received "Back in Black" for Xmas. That same holiday I received a copy of Journey's "Departure" album.

Needless to say, within a few hours we were using the Journey LP for random experiments (i.e., playing it backwards to get "hidden messages," using it as a frisbee, etc.) whereas we listened to "Back in Black" pretty much non-stop every day to such an extent that our parents were getting worried.

That was the beginning of my appreciation of AC/DC. While they have made some poor albums since then, I think it is admirable that they have stuck to their core values (i.e. they have never let a "Chuck Leavell-type" join the band) and continue to perform great shows. I think most of us here on the board would agree that pretty much every album they made in the Bon Scott era is a classic.

-M
[Edited by Martini]
02-01-03 08:44 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
a little...it's hard not to enjoy some of their rock anthems like "You shook me all night long", "Hells Bells," etc...plus if Keith likes them, they must be O.K.

Keith also likes Elvis and the Beatles--two all-time greats that you've trashed more than once...you are proof that even a Stones fan can have shitty taste in music...
02-02-03 06:56 AM
magicwoman Does keith like ACDC?
02-02-03 10:41 AM
lucasd4
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
Does keith like ACDC?

Again, yes he does, but one shouldn't need Keith's seal of approval to appreciate the great AC/DC
02-02-03 11:49 AM
Nasty Habits Hey Martini -- nice avatar!

I owe that fuckin' pig a bunch!

On second thought, no I don't!

I've fed that pig a bunch!

02-03-03 02:22 AM
Yyteri Beach AC/DC are great. Powerage (UK version) are their best album with lots of good songs innit. The only band that make good albums with same recipe. I found AC/DC in 1986 after my pal recorded me a collection of Bon -era songs.
Other good bands/artists: Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Mike Oldfield, Talk Talk (Spirit of Eden is a pure masterpiece), Doors, Traffic, etc. And if you need some fun into music just listen Spike Jones and Cityslickers. Great.

02-03-03 10:08 AM
Pants Make the Man Neil Young, "Cinnamon Girl". Hey, JB, here's a tidbit just for you: Neil said he left either Buffalo Springfield or CSN&Y, I forget which one, because they wanted to sound like the Beatles while he wanted to sound like the Stones. Neil, who takes orders from nobody, wasn't having any of that nonsense! Trying to sound like the Beatles!
02-03-03 10:11 AM
F505 Even Keith can make a mistake
02-03-03 10:55 AM
jb Neal Young is great...By the way, Keith most difinitely does not like Macca or the elder version of Elvis...
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST