ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Qwest Center, Omaha - January 29, 2006 - Setlist,, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 29th, 2006 09:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl From Shidoobeeland

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock and Roll
3. She's So Cold
4. Rough Justice
5. Bitch
6. As Tears Go Bye
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Gimme Shelter
INTROS
10. This Place is Empty
11. Happy
12. Miss You (2 b stage)
13. ONNYA (b stage)
14. Get Off of My Cloud (b stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar
ENCORE
19. YCAGWYW
20. Satisfaction

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
January 29th, 2006 10:34 PM
JumpinJackFlash 'Elvis Slang' "Come On Baby, Give me a tune"
January 29th, 2006 10:43 PM
Maxmeister Young Joseph finally gets his rocks off.
Oh yeah!!

Rick
January 29th, 2006 10:55 PM
ShaneJazz Always, always great to see Bitch! I love that song as much as the first time I ever heard it. Congrats to our Omaha friends. They deserve it after such a long wait.
January 29th, 2006 10:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Mr. Joey got himself a pretty solid first 9!!! Would love to have been at that pre-party!!
January 29th, 2006 11:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Mr. Joey got himself a pretty solid first 9!!! Would love to have been at that pre-party!!

he spent the preparty in the shitter
January 29th, 2006 11:27 PM
kath joey is shittin his panties now!!!

this is a great setlist!!!

go omaha!!
January 30th, 2006 12:30 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
From Shidoobeeland

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock and Roll
3. She's So Cold
4. Rough Justice
5. Bitch
6. As Tears Go Bye
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Gimme Shelter
INTROS
10. This Place is Empty
11. Happy
12. Miss You
13. ONNYA
14. Get Off of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar
19. YCAGWYW
20. Satisfaction

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

January 30th, 2006 05:39 AM
Jumping Jack Joey dumped a horse meat pie at the pre-party and was kicking the stall all night, LOL!!!

I hope no one got in front of him at the B-stage forcing him to sniff ass!!!

I'll bet young Joeykins was salivating like a Pavlov dog all night.

Congrats on a fine setlist my Stonesian brother!!!

WooHoo!
January 30th, 2006 06:06 AM
moy Published Monday
January 30, 2006

Finally, Stones bring satisfaction
BY NIZ PROSKOCIL
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Forty years after their last Omaha appearance, Stones lead singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards give the audience what it wants.

For Rolling Stones fans in Nebraska, the wait ended Sunday, when - after 40 long years - the band returned to Omaha to rock in front of 16,000 fans at the sold-out Qwest Center Omaha arena.

Arriving on stage at 9:10 p.m., the Stones started off strong, opening with "Jumping Jack Flash." The band's energy and the audience's enthusiasm never let up throughout a sizzling performance that stretched nearly two hours.

As expected, the concert was heavy on classics from the group's huge catalog of hits from the '60s and '70s. With premium seats going for a whopping $350, it's the hits that fans came to hear.

And there were plenty: "Honky Tonk Women," "Sympathy for the Devil," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Tumbling Dice" and "Brown Sugar," among them.

Newer songs, including "Rough Justice" and "Rain Fall Down," both from the band's latest album, "A Bigger Bang," were mixed in with the oldies. But instead of hitting the concession stands and restrooms, fans stuck around to hear the new material.

This being the Rolling Stones, it's hard not to keep your eyes glued to the stage.

Frenetic, rail-thin frontman Mick Jagger swaggered, gyrated and bounded across the stage, commanding the crowd with all the energy and charisma of rock stars half his age.

As guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood blazed away with a volley of propulsive riffs, Jagger worked the audience into a wild, screaming frenzy as lyrics from some of rock music's greatest songs poured from his famous lips.

Drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Darryl Jones were tight, concise and precise throughout the night. Rounding out the lineup were keyboardist Chuck Leavell, a four-piece horn section and a trio of backup vocalists, including powerhouse singer Lisa Fischer.

When Fischer joined Jagger for a jaw-dropping rendition of "Gimme Shelter," it was a goose-bump inducing, awe-inspiring moment that was one of several highlights of the show.

Other great performances included "As Tears Go By," with Richards and Wood on acoustic guitars.

WHAT THEY PLAYED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jumping Jack Flash"
"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll"
"She's So Cold"
"Rough Justice"
"Bitch"
"As Tears Go By"
"Rain Fall Down"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Gimme Shelter"
"This Place Is Empty" (Keith Richards vocals)
"Happy" (Richards on vocals)
"Miss You"
"Oh No, Not You Again"
"Get Off of My Cloud"
"Honky Tonk Women"
"Sympathy for the Devil"
"Start Me Up"
"Brown Sugar"
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" (encore)
"Satisfaction" (encore)

Richards - who spent most of the night with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and weird ornaments dangling from his hair - sang two of the night's songs - "This Place is Empty" and "Happy."

"It's been a long time since I said, 'Good evening, Omaha,'" he told the generation-spanning crowd. "I think some of your grandparents were here. It's good to be back."

About halfway through the show, band members boarded a ramp that separated from the main stage and glided to the rear of the arena floor, allowing fans in the back to get close to the rockers.

From that secondary stage, the band played four songs, including "Get Off of My Cloud" and a new song, "Oh No, Not You Again."

Omahan Traci Shelby, who attended the concert with her niece, 29-year-old Blakely Duering of Omaha, said the show lived up to all the hype.

"It was such an energetic performance," Shelby said. "I thought Mick Jagger was darling."

Others said they were creeped out by the aging rockers.

"It's kind of weird to see old guys in tight jeans dancing around," said Taylor Burton, a 14-year-old boy from Council Bluffs.

Opening the concert was chart-topping country duo Brooks & Dunn, who were met with a mixed reaction by the Stones audience.

Though some fans danced, sang and clapped along to the duo's songs, including "Neon Moon" and "Boot Scootin' Boogie," most of the crowd stayed in their seats during the duo's 45-minute set.

Copyright ©2006 Omaha World-Herald®. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, displayed or distributed for any purpose without permission from the Omaha World-Herald.

[Edited by moy]
January 30th, 2006 06:55 AM
FPM C10 Wait...I SERIOUSLY thought Brooks & Dunn opening was a joke.

I mean, I know it was a joke, but I didn't think it would actually happen.

Any boots of THEIR set?
January 30th, 2006 07:43 AM
LadyJane

Dear God. I do believe he's saying "Joey".

LJ.
January 30th, 2006 07:48 AM
glencar Yes, he is indeed saying, "Joey...go away..."
January 30th, 2006 07:50 AM
moy
January 30th, 2006 08:07 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I'm expecting to see a nipple-typed review by Joey very shortly!
January 30th, 2006 08:24 AM
gimmekeef The Omaha "World" Herald?.....you're kiddin me right?
January 30th, 2006 08:48 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This with a short video clip (from a previous show)

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/2251421.html
January 30th, 2006 08:58 AM
Maxlugar Hmm.

No Midnight Rambler?

No Worried About You?

No Sway?

No Aint to Proud To Beg?

After forty years you'd think they'd get something special.

Standard fare....

I guess they just don't like Omaha much...
January 30th, 2006 09:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
After forty years you'd think they'd get something special.

Bitch (not you... I mean the song)

They waited almost 42 years for sweet revenge of the in famous greeting at the Music Hall on June 13, 1964

January 30th, 2006 09:11 AM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Bitch (not you... I mean the song)

Nah, that one aint special.

I would concede As Tears Go By a few shows ago, but that one is in the rotation now.

No, there's not one song here that would make some Omahaian to say "OooOOOooOO we're SPECIAL!!!"

Well, at least the tickets didn't cost much...

January 30th, 2006 09:23 AM
stonedinaustralia oh max ...you're such a BITCH (pun intended)

i can see it now...joey was ending transmission all over the place...i trust he yelled that out to them from close up to the B stage

"hey!!...rolling stones (honourary rocks off members).. you are much loved by the joey!!...i am listening to this with my nipples!"

*********ENd transmission ROnniwe
January 30th, 2006 11:30 AM
FPM C10 From the (I shit you NOT) the Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil:

Longtime friends Kitty Prieto and Kathy Youngs paid $3.50 apiece for their tickets to see the Rolling Stones in concert.

Of course, it was for a performance in 1966, before the legendary rock group had achieved their iconic status.

The two women recalled the performance, viewed from second row seats at the Omaha Civic Auditorium on July 15, 1966.

"It was just so different then," Prieto, now of Omaha, said. "They just walked out on stage and started to sing."

"They didn't have the special effects that they use today," Youngs added.

Both women were attending Thomas Jefferson High School. Youngs, 16 and Prieto, 15, took a late afternoon bus to Omaha to wait in line for the performance, which was part of radio station KOIL 1290 "Good Guys" concert series, which would later include groups such as The Beach Boys, The Mamas and The Papas and Paul Revere and the Raiders.

"A lot of concerts would be right after school," Youngs, of Council Bluffs, said. "And Nebraska didn't have Daylight Saving Time, so we were an hour ahead of the Omaha schools."

That enabled the girls to beat the rush of Omaha students by an hour and gave them an advantage when running for seats.

"We still had our school books with us, and we fought to get our seats," Youngs added.

In 1966, Prieto wrote a summary of the experience and kept it in a scrapbook along with her ticket stubs, a song list from the concert and a picture she took of Mick Jagger on stage.

"After sitting down and waiting a while, I met a girl who had a lock of Mick Jagger's hair and a piece of Keith Richard's guitar strap. I got to hold them both for a few seconds, and, boy, did I feel lucky and proud!!!" Prieto wrote. "It's not every day you get to hold a lock of Mick Jagger's hair and a piece of Keith Richard's guitar strap, you know."

It's still not, but the women were quick to point out that while they were fans, they were not "groupies."

"We were into the guys in the group, but we never went backstage or anything," Youngs said.

Today, the women are still fans of the group and have watched them evolve from a band that was only moderately well known into one with a place in Rock 'N 'Roll history.

"(Mick Jagger) was like he is now," Prieto said. "We'd never seen anything like that at the time."

"They would have been in their early 20s then," Youngs added. "Jagger wore these tight pants that showed everything, and they way he moved on stage ... we were pretty innocent of that kind of stuff then."

Prieto gave a more detailed description of Jagger in her 1966 scrapbook entry:

"He either has a twisted mind or he's just gets carried away during a performance. And since I'm sure he's not mental then I tend to think it is the latter of the two," she wrote, going on to later describe his attitude and performance.

"...His wild and weird motions and dances turned on the crowd and they screamed for more. He had his fans so wound up that one boy broke through the police barricade and tried to leap onto the 10 feet high stage. So you can see the boys were just as excited over the Stones performance as the girls. But who could help it with his vulgar and sexy movements? I'm convinced that Mick Jagger is the greatest performer of all time."

Unlike most concerts today, the Stones only played nine songs during their 1966 Civic Auditorium performance. More than 100 songs later, Youngs noted that love of the Stones is a generational thing in her family. Her oldest daughter saw them perform in Pittsburgh and got her mother a T-shirt from the concert.

Even though the high cost of tickets is a little more than the two women feel comfortable with, they are paying close attention to local radio contests in hopes of reliving their 1966 experience and then some."The Rolling Stones are so resilient," Prieto said. "They've been through some 'times,' well most of it was self-induced, but they kept on playing and it's great."

©Daily Nonpareil 2006

January 30th, 2006 11:55 AM
Maxlugar Kitty and Kathy enjoy the show from their private box:
January 30th, 2006 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Joey dumped a horse meat pie at the pre-party and was kicking the stall all night, LOL!!!

I hope no one got in front of him at the B-stage forcing him to sniff ass!!!

I'll bet young Joeykins was salivating like a Pavlov dog all night.

Congrats on a fine setlist my Stonesian brother!!!

WooHoo!

Hello Jumping Jack .......

The Pre- Party at " Mr. Toads " was a BLAST !!!!!!

I hooked up with our Shidoobee Friends ( Karla & George ) along with some other EXTREMELY wonderful individuals who post not only here but also at the other boards . Fans of the Rolling Stones are the COOLEST people on this orb .

I took your advice and started to head for the railing by the " B STAGE " as soon as Keith began to sing his songs --- I ended up just inches away from the band and even though there was no ' slappin' hands ' with Mick , I DID almost end up catching one of Keith's pics. Word .

The scalpers must have lost money on this gig because there were some empty seats on the MAIN FLOOR about eight to tens rows back from the stage ( Keith's side ). About four or five of us made our way towards the front and grabbed those for the first nine songs of the concert ( returning once more to the same seats from the " B STAGE EXTRAVAGANZA " for all the warhorses [ encore ] ) .

The Two Hour show went by so fast that it felt like two minutes and your young Joeykins was completely worn out from dancing , yelling & screaming , sweating and gyrating / grinding with some young hot twenty year old woman who followed us up front from the " B STAGE AREA " --- I invited her back to Toads for the " Post Party " but I believe her girlfriend ' killed ' that idea ......

This band is now clicking on all cylinders so I highly recommend that EVERYONE SEE THE ROLLING STONES one more time -- It was the Greatest Rock and Roll Concert that I have EVER attended . Word

Lovely

Reporting from Omaha , NE :

Joeykins

[Edited by Joey]
January 30th, 2006 03:25 PM
kath way to go, joey!!! glad you got such a great setlist, too!!!
January 30th, 2006 03:26 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
way to go, joey!!! glad you got such a great setlist, too!!!

Thanks Kath ....................

We all missed you !!!!

There were some photographs taken of the " Pre- Party " but I am not sure whose camera was used or WHEN they will be posted here on " Rocks Off " .

Developing ....................
January 30th, 2006 03:35 PM
kath well, omaha wasn't on my list of "really wanna go there" show..but after that setlist i wished i'd have tried!
January 30th, 2006 03:46 PM
Jumping Jack Glad you had great seats throughout! There is nothing in this world like being against the rail on the B-stage.

The Stones are simply in a class by themselves as are Stones fans!
January 30th, 2006 04:30 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Kath ....................

We all missed you !!!!

There were some photographs taken of the " Pre- Party " but I am not sure whose camera was used or WHEN they will be posted here on " Rocks Off " .

Developing ....................

DID YOU WEAR THAT WHITE COLLARED SHIRT AGAIN? WAS YOUR MULLETT PROPERLY STYLED?
January 30th, 2006 06:05 PM
corgi37 One of my Mum's friends lives in Omaha. Just moved from Nebraska. Her name is Shirley. Do you know her?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)