ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Qwest Center, Omaha - January 29, 2006 - Setlist,, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 30th, 2006 06:09 PM
FPM C10

JOEY! I'm pretty sure you can answer this for me: is this Brooks or Dunn?

I's just GOTS to know!
January 30th, 2006 06:19 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Turd On The Run !!!
January 30th, 2006 07:03 PM
stonedinaustralia hey Joey

glad to hear you had a great time
January 30th, 2006 07:59 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
One of my Mum's friends lives in Omaha. Just moved from Nebraska. Her name is Shirley. Do you know her?

Corgi is " THE KING " !!!!!!!!!!

January 31st, 2006 03:58 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
One of my Mum's friends lives in Omaha. Just moved from Nebraska. Her name is Shirley. Do you know her?

LOL Corgi, that's funny.
Would be even funnier if Joey actually knew her

BTW, I'm glad you liked the show Joey!
January 31st, 2006 05:44 AM
corgi37 Gimme a minute or two and i'll find a photo of her. But here's some piccies of Melissa Midwest. Cant recall if she's from Omaha or Nebraska.

[Edited by corgi37]
January 31st, 2006 06:10 AM
corgi37 Oops, my mistake. My Mum's friend moved to Iowa from Nebraska.
January 31st, 2006 10:15 AM
flexy633 Glad you had a good time, Joey! I've often wondered how people manage to move to such good seats even though they aren't taken. At any show I've attended, security always checks my ticket and I'm turned away.

The setlist was decent for you too. Thought they were going to revert to the usual, but at least you got "Bitch."
January 31st, 2006 01:59 PM
nankerphelge Joey has a special way of getting people to leave their seats!

January 31st, 2006 02:11 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey has a special way of getting people to leave their seats!

Funny !!!!!

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

For My Baby :

January 31st, 2006 02:43 PM
LadyJane Joeykins.........I'm VERY happy you enjoyed the show.

Leave Nebraska and catch the Little Rock show.

Word.

LJ.
January 31st, 2006 02:47 PM
luxury1 damn--Mick is looking rather annoyed and tired of it all in that photo from this show. WOnder what's up with him??
January 31st, 2006 03:02 PM
nankerphelge You'd look like that too if you looked out across that sea of Omaha folk and spotted Joey in the audience.

January 31st, 2006 04:22 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

JOEY! I'm pretty sure you can answer this for me: is this Brooks or Dunn?

I's just GOTS to know!

Oh, I CAN answer that one Fleabit ! :

January 31st, 2006 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

BTW, I'm glad you liked the show Joey!

Thanks So Much Angiegirl !!!!

The Rolling Stones concert I saw Sunday Evening was hundreds ( thousands ?!?! ) of times better than the U2 gig last month or even MACCA last October . Word !!!
January 31st, 2006 08:54 PM
Lil Brian Here's a review from my hometown paper, The Lincoln Journal Star. Hope you enjoy it. We sure did!

40 Years Later, Stones Leave Crowd Satisfied
by L. Kent Wolgamott

From Keith Richards' slashing guitar riff kicking off "Jumping Jack Flash" to the closing echoes of "Satisfaction" nearly two hours later, the Rolling Stones made their first Nebraska show in 40 years memorable Sunday, proving once again they are masters of rock 'n' roll.
Doing their work with sleek power and deadly efficiency, the Stones tore through a one hour and fifty minute set at the Qwest Center, answering any lingering questions about the staying power of the sixtysomething rockers.
I've seen the Stones 11 times since the 70's, and this show wasn't all that much different from those I saw two decades ago.
The music was perfect-raw yet nearly flawless. Richards' guitar work has never been better, and the bits of blues he slipped into his phrasing left no doubt where the Stones sound is rooted.
And he and Charlie Watts remain the engine of the band, creating the driving rhythms that are the root of the music.
When Richards leans in close to Watts' kick drum, the Stones are rolling.
Mick Jagger remains a consummate entertainer and one of rock's most dynamic singers. At 62, he covers the stage with flair, commands the music and connects with the audience like the old pro that he is.
As contemporary arena concerts go, the Stones show is a pretty stripped-down affair-just a big stage, giant video screen and enough well aimed cameras to make sure everybody in the sold-out Qwest had a good view of the lads.
The big trick was the movable center section of the stage that shifted into the middle of the arena for a four-song miniset.
The "B Stage" performance encapsulated what the Rolling Stones are all about.
With bassist Daryl Jones and longtime keyboard collaborator Chuck Leavell joining Jagger, Richards, Watts, and Ron Wood on the small stage, the Stones become a stripped-down, turbo-charged five piece rock combo. That's what they've always been at heart and why they've endured for more than 40 years.
The two songs that anchored the trip to the middle of the building were "Get Off My Cloud", from the band's first classic period in the mid'60's and "Honky Tonk Women" from classic period No. 2- say '69-'73.
But in putting togtether the 20-song set list, the Stones dipped into their entire catalog, with new songs such as "Rough Justice" fitting in seamlessly with those written decades earlier.
For me, the musical highlights of the night were the acoustic 12-string/vocal duet by Richards and Jagger that opened "As Tears Go By", a menacing, sexually charged "Gimme Shelter" that featured backing singer Lisa Fischer, and hearing rock 'n' roll's most famous saxophone solo from Bobby Keys on "Brown Sugar".
Jagger and Richards each made comments about the Stones' first show in Omaha in nearly 40 years.
Jagger even dropped a Bill Callahan line in talking about what had changed in the past four decades: "The Cornhuskers have restored the order, maybe".
I'm guessing Mick didn't quite know what he was talking about there...or maybe he's become a football fan since the Stones hooked up with the NFL. They'll be on at halftime of Sunday's Super Bowl.
The Roling Stones have been 'the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band" since the late '60's.
There have been plenty of contenders who have risen up to challenge them. But Sunday's show demonstrated the title remains theirs for as long as they choose to keep it.
February 1st, 2006 10:09 AM
Joey
BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
February 1st, 2006 04:31 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joeykins.........I'm VERY happy you enjoyed the show.

Leave Nebraska and catch the Little Rock show.

Word.

LJ.

Are you doing it too?
February 1st, 2006 04:34 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello Jumping Jack .......

The Pre- Party at " Mr. Toads " was a BLAST !!!!!!

I hooked up with our Shidoobee Friends ( Karla & George ) along with some other EXTREMELY wonderful individuals who post not only here but also at the other boards . Fans of the Rolling Stones are the COOLEST people on this orb .

I took your advice and started to head for the railing by the " B STAGE " as soon as Keith began to sing his songs --- I ended up just inches away from the band and even though there was no ' slappin' hands ' with Mick , I DID almost end up catching one of Keith's pics. Word .

The scalpers must have lost money on this gig because there were some empty seats on the MAIN FLOOR about eight to tens rows back from the stage ( Keith's side ). About four or five of us made our way towards the front and grabbed those for the first nine songs of the concert ( returning once more to the same seats from the " B STAGE EXTRAVAGANZA " for all the warhorses [ encore ] ) .

The Two Hour show went by so fast that it felt like two minutes and your young Joeykins was completely worn out from dancing , yelling & screaming , sweating and gyrating / grinding with some young hot twenty year old woman who followed us up front from the " B STAGE AREA " --- I invited her back to Toads for the " Post Party " but I believe her girlfriend ' killed ' that idea ......

This band is now clicking on all cylinders so I highly recommend that EVERYONE SEE THE ROLLING STONES one more time -- It was the Greatest Rock and Roll Concert that I have EVER attended . Word

Lovely

Reporting from Omaha , NE :

Joeykins

[Edited by Joey]

Joey, you simply must go to Lil Rock. Summit 1 1/2, if you will.
February 1st, 2006 05:05 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joey, you simply must go to Lil Rock. Summit 1 1/2, if you will.

The Pre - Party Pictures at Mr. Toads are now AVAILABLE ( courtesy of some wonderful Stonesian Shidoobee individuals ... Fantastic Individuals ) !!!!!!

I just E- Mailed them to Gypsy & Lady Jane !!!

Jacky !

February 1st, 2006 05:13 PM
glencar Will you be the guy wearing a lampshade? Please?
February 1st, 2006 05:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Omaha pix with thanks to Sue and Rod White

February 1st, 2006 05:38 PM
Joey

Nice Photographs .......................

Lovely !

Thanks Voodoo

J. Fly

February 1st, 2006 05:39 PM
Joey " Will you be the guy wearing a lampshade? Please? "

February 1st, 2006 06:22 PM
Gazza

Joey rehearses his greeting for Cafe Hostess Jill
February 1st, 2006 06:28 PM
Gazza

I'll let Joey do the line-up for this one. The only ones I'm familiar with are Joeykins himself (2nd from left) and Izabella (2nd right)

I'm assuming the couple on the far left and far right are George and Karla from Shidoobee that he mentioned earlier. Dont know the cat in the hat!
February 1st, 2006 09:10 PM
glencar Omaha's Finest!
February 2nd, 2006 05:31 AM
Jumping Jack Yes, George and Karliemarie, two of the finest people you would ever have the pleasure of meeting.

I'll bet that was a party to remember, but they probably remember very little, LOL!!!
February 2nd, 2006 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Omaha's Finest!

You are much loved !!!

February 2nd, 2006 11:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Yes, George and Karliemarie, two of the finest people you would ever have the pleasure of meeting.

I'll bet that was a party to remember, but they probably remember very little, LOL!!!

George and Karliemarie are INDEED two of the finest individuals that one can EVER meet ---- Fans of THE ROLLING STONES ( The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band on the Planet ) are THE BEST IN THE WORLD !!!!!

I STILL have yet to recover from Sunday Evening

Developing .......................

J. " Snuggles " Fly ! ®
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)