ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ONLY for BEATLES FANS!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th January 2007 08:02 PM
kath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeH...ex=0&playnext=1

tears of joy......
30th January 2007 08:15 PM
steel driving hammer I like the roof top jam and actually have the bootleg/dvd.

Great stuff there.

But when you compare them or VS them w/ the Stones, I always get defensive, and always will.

Thanks for posting that. Great jam.

30th January 2007 08:19 PM
pdog You like The Beatles, just not compared to The Stones... I can understand that....
30th January 2007 08:28 PM
steel driving hammer It stems w/ my family you bastard.

I am the black sheep of my entire family all of them are white coller good job high income folks who remind me of the Bealtes...They look to me as the bad boy, smoker, rock and roll lover etc, but thats who I am. So what can a po' boy do? Defend The Rolling Stones, because I love them so much.

A battle between good and evil.

I think I'm evil.
30th January 2007 08:43 PM
pdog You Polo shirt wearing, Republican voting rebel... You're just a hot minute from being the dress in black mall punk store shopper...LOL!
30th January 2007 08:44 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
So what can a po' boy do? Defend The Rolling Stones, because I love them so much.

A battle between good and evil.

I think I'm evil.

That's why all of us here became Stones fans!

30th January 2007 08:58 PM
pdog I don't wanna be evil no more, I wanna be good!
30th January 2007 09:09 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
pdog wrote:
You Polo shirt wearing, Republican voting rebel... You're just a hot minute from being the dress in black mall punk store shopper...LOL!

Just about my brother, no joke.

Good one.

Rock and roll my brother.

Turn it up so I can hear it, sick of pretending...
30th January 2007 09:21 PM
pdog
quote:

Just about my brother, no joke.

Good one.

Rock and roll my brother.

Turn it up so I can hear it, sick of pretending...

These amps go to 11...
30th January 2007 09:29 PM
*ginda You bet tears of joy. That got ME back where I once belonged.
30th January 2007 10:01 PM
fireontheplatter great video 4 sure......

the beatles were great..................
30th January 2007 10:05 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
great video 4 sure......

the beatles were great..................

Yes "WERE", 30 years ago.
31st January 2007 12:38 AM
Starbuck
quote:
like the roof top jam and actually have the bootleg/dvd.

Great stuff there.

But when you compare them or VS them w/ the Stones, I always get defensive, and always will.

why compare them?

i like the stones better than the clash, but that doesn't mean i still can't do a jig in the living room to "rudy can't fail" when i'm home all by me lonesome.

steelie, don't project your distaste for your family on the beatles!
31st January 2007 01:09 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
steelie, don't project your distaste for your family on the beatles!

I don't.

My family projects thier distaste on me for my love with The Stones and I must stand my ground because I honestly do love their music.

Trust me it's struggle between love and hate.

They look at me as guilty or a criminal for loving the Stones when the Beatles were the "good boys"...

But for me, Stones win everytime.
31st January 2007 06:48 AM
corgi37 I simply refuse to click the link. Fuck the Beatles.
31st January 2007 03:28 PM
kath jeeeezuz.......exactly...if you don't wanna see it, don't fuckin' look!!!!! it does say "beatles".

31st January 2007 05:56 PM
guitarman53 Get real! if it wasn't for the Beatles, the Rolling Stones wouldn't even been 'known, remember 1964? in fact, the Stones weren't even that popular! Gerry & the Pacemakers & the Dave Clark 5 sold more records then the Stones, the only thing is, the Stones were my favorite band of the 60's, but don't knock the Beatles, they were just as evil as the Stones were, but their manager made they out to be the nice good boys.
31st January 2007 06:02 PM
steel driving hammer Nope.

They would still written Brown Sugar, JJF, Sympathy...

Nice excuse though...
31st January 2007 06:10 PM
mojoman paul is dead
31st January 2007 06:15 PM
steel driving hammer Musically, just about.

When people give that lame speech about no Bealtes = no Stones, what about The Who? Zepp? Kinks? Floyd? Everybody would not have existed? Gimme a break.

31st January 2007 06:23 PM
guitarman53 It's true, history is history, they would never have existed, I was a teenager in 1964, & if it wasn't for the Beatles, no other British band would have made it, I'm going by fact, history is history, we can't change that, I idolized the Stones in the 60's, I even knew who their road manager was, but by history, & what happened, it turned out the way it was suppose to.
31st January 2007 06:30 PM
steel driving hammer I respect your history, but don't agree.

Stones still would recored Chuck Berry.

No other band would of existed w/ the Beatles?

Thats like saying w/out Elvis, no American band would of existed.

1st February 2007 06:16 AM
corgi37 If it wasnt for Stones, Doors, Jimi, Creedance, post Monterey WHO, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe, etc there wouldnt have been "Why dont we do it on the road", "She came in through the bathroom window" etc.

But, alas, there still would have been "Magical mystery tour, "Sgt Pepper", "Octopusses Garden", "Oob la fucking dee oob la bloody da", "Maxwell's silver hammer", etc

Throw me a bone. Name me any crap the cock heads wrote, and i will trump it. Over rated kiddies band. Most suitable tribute to their talents was they had a cartoon made about them. How appropriate.

"Lovely Rita, meter maid" - I mean, fucking come on! "Gomper" is better!

I am sick to death of this shit, but it gets me so riled up. Oh, if JB was here. Oh, if Ringo drank more booze. Oh, if Chapman was cloned.

Two down, two to go!
1st February 2007 11:45 AM
*ginda
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Two down, two to go!

Are you going to leave this thread peaceable-like or tied across my saddle?
1st February 2007 01:53 PM
kath
quote:
Oh, if Chapman was cloned.

Two down, two to go!

i didn't post this link to start a beatles/stones battle, and it clearly said "beatles" in the thread title.

if you feel so strongly about them that you applaud the person who murdered john in cold blood and that he should be "cloned", be careful what you wish for. he might have a thing about old heroin addicts and "cleaning up rock and roll once and for all". then what the fuck are you gonna post?

what an incredibly shitty thing to say. of course, it's not the first time i've heard it, but the viciousness is pretty strong.

i think that may across ginda's saddle is where you belong, at least as far as this is concerned.

adopt the mantra "if i no likee, i no lookee". see how that works for you.

1st February 2007 02:45 PM
BabiKeef That's awesome.
1st February 2007 04:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
But when you compare them or VS them w/ the Stones,

Nobody's asking you to, as far as I can see....

Had she posted an Abba clip, would it have garnered the same over-defensive hysteria?
1st February 2007 04:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Had she posted an Abba clip, would it have garnered the same over-defensive hysteria?

Without Gazza, Jaxx and Voodoo would there ever have been a Rocks Off?
Did Keno invent The Stones message board?
1st February 2007 04:37 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I wouldn't care about Abba because you can't compare them, it wouldn't be fair for Abba. But the Beatles are probably the only band to which can be compared w/ my boys. So I have to get defensive. I know no one asked me to, but I like to.

Stones Warrior all the way baby all the way...
1st February 2007 04:40 PM
pdog a warrior, without a war?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)