ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ONLY for BEATLES FANS!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st February 2007 04:41 PM
MRD8 The bottom line is if the Beatles hadn't started the British Invasion in the U.S. then you never would've heard the Stones or Kinks or Who or ANY of the Britsish bands over here...they might've been able to appear in Europe but their worldwide success would never have happened if The Beatles hadn't have opened the door for all the others!
1st February 2007 04:44 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The Beatles hadn't have opened the door for all the others!

Um, somebody was bound to open the door w/ or w/out the beatles.

Stones would still written Satisfaction.
1st February 2007 04:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

I wouldn't care about Abba because you can't compare them, it wouldn't be fair for Abba. But the Beatles are probably the only band to which can be compared w/ my boys.

hmmm...You're the only one doing the 'comparing'

and 'my boys'? Jesus, theyre a bunch of guys in their 60's....
1st February 2007 04:52 PM
Gazza
quote:

Um, somebody was bound to open the door w/ or w/out the beatles.

Stones would still written Satisfaction.

Personally, I doubt it. Andrew Oldham, seeing the success of Lennon and McCartney, had the foresight to realise the Stones would have no longevity if they were merely content to rehash old blues covers and made them write songs.

Keith has admitted several times that he never saw himself as a potential songwriter until Andrew forced them into doing so.

Rewrite music history if it suits your own agenda. British bands wouldnt have done shit in America had the Beatles not kicked the door open first.
1st February 2007 05:00 PM
pdog Would we be here, if it wasn't for Keno? I gotta know!
1st February 2007 05:01 PM
steel driving hammer I got 2 words for you Gazza.

Stones Rule You Bastard!
1st February 2007 05:02 PM
kath yeah...what gazza said.

i dunno the ages of people here, but that makes a difference a lot of times in this debate. if you weren't around when john kennedy was assasinated, lee harvey oswald murdered right on national tv...live!!! having lived in the fifties with the "duck and cover" bullshit in school, bomb shelters in people's back yards.....absolute fear and insanity (not unlike present times). but that was all we knew, was that fear and bee bop and shidoob music (which was GREAT stuff, don't get me wrong), but everything was tense and sad and boring..and along came these four guys.....and the whole fuckin' world changed!

maybe you had to be there, i don't know. and in truth, when the stones DID come along, things got divided really fast then, too. you were either a beatles fan or a stones fan, you couldn't possibly be both!! i remember listening to the beatles when my parents were around, and to the stones when they were asleep, or when i was at a sleepover or something. we always listened to the stones really late....

but NONE of that could or would have happened if the beatles hadn't come along just when they did, and grew as a band with each album, and we grew with them. they started the "mind altering substance" era about the same time we did. i cannot imagine what the world, not just music, but the whole world in general would be today if not for that band.

anyway, watch it or don't.
[Edited by kath]
1st February 2007 05:14 PM
steel driving hammer In the "The Kids are Alright" movie, Pete Townshend publically says the Beatles are "fucking' lousy."

1st February 2007 05:18 PM
pdog
quote:
In the "The Kids are Alright" movie, Pete Townshend publically says the Beatles are "fucking' lousy."

he's also done 6 farewell tours!
1st February 2007 05:22 PM
Gazza ..well thats it settled then.....

You mean the same Pete Townshend who said the Stones were too old to tour anymore and who said THIS a few days ago?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/01/28/pete_townshend_says_his_dogs_talk_to_him

[Edited by Gazza]
1st February 2007 05:25 PM
pdog "Veteran rocker Pete Townshend is convinced his pet dogs talk to him - and even predict the weather."

In fairness, he was molested as puppy!
1st February 2007 05:32 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
kath wrote:
yeah...what gazza said.

i dunno the ages of people here, but that makes a difference a lot of times in this debate. if you weren't around when john kennedy was assasinated, lee harvey oswalt murdered right on national tv...live!!! having lived in the fifties with the "duck and cover" bullshit in school, bomb shelters in people's back yards.....absolute fear and insanity (not unlike present times). but that was all we knew, was that fear and bee bop and shidoob music (which was GREAT stuff, don't get me wrong), but everything was tense and sad and boring..and along came these four guys.....and the whole fuckin' world changed!

maybe you had to be there, i don't know. and in truth, when the stones DID come along, things got divided really fast then, too. you were either a beatles fan or a stones fan, you couldn't possibly be both!! i remember listening to the beatles when my parents were around, and to the stones when they were asleep, or when i was at a sleepover or something. we always listened to the stones really late....

but NONE of that could or would have happened if the beatles hadn't come along just when they did, and grew as a band with each album, and we grew with them. they started the "mind altering substance" era about the same time we did. i cannot imagine what the world, not just music, but the whole world in general would be today if not for that band.

anyway, watch it or don't.

Right on the money, Kath. I never got that whole "Beatles vs. Stones" thing. I loved both bands from the moment I saw them debut on Ed Sullivan. They blew my little 7-year-old mind - and literally changed the world. I enjoy listening to both the Beatles and the Stones to this day. I'm just glad we're fortunate enough to still have the Stones recording and touring, and I feel extremely lucky to have seen them this past year. Who would have thought that we'd still be rocking out to The Rolling Stones in 2007?

1st February 2007 05:33 PM
kath perfect, gazza. just perfect.

1st February 2007 09:02 PM
Egbert I like the Hard Day's Night through Revolver run.
1st February 2007 09:42 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
"Veteran rocker Pete Townshend is convinced his pet dogs talk to him - and even predict the weather."

In fairness, he was molested as puppy!

uncle ernie?
2nd February 2007 04:42 AM
corgi37 Oh, now we are knocking ABBA! Waterloo, SOS, Mama Mia etc is better than any mop top material.

An ABBA reunion tour would outgross any band. Ever.

But, oh my, what a gay audience it would be.
[Edited by corgi37]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)