ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin tour this summer? Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th January 2007 04:14 PM
Spru I read in the "Stones 2007" thread that someone wrote "Zep in the States" for this summer. Anyone know anything about this? Is it a rumor or pretty much confirmed? And if so, is it actually all 3 surviving members together? Or just a Page/Plant type deal. Even if it's only those two, I'd still be ecstatic.
28th January 2007 04:17 PM
Back Street Girl It will not happen.
28th January 2007 04:18 PM
purrcafe This has already been debunked. The story was picked up from an article that is five years old. The reunion didn't happen then, and I don't think that there is any reason to think anything has changed.
28th January 2007 04:55 PM
Martha I saw the last Page and Plant US show (they played in Memphis)...and Pagey tore the stage up that night...they played @ the Pyramid.

I didn't know it that night, but it was to be the last time I'd see Robert and Jimmy jammin'. I'm glad I've got a good memory of that night stored in my brain.

I think often of Pagey. His guitar playin' gets under my skin and I miss that.

Robert's new band Strange Sensation is awesome and I hope to see them tour this year in the States. Robert is really maturing as an artist...I like what he's offering.

I'd dig a reunion, but don't see that happening now.

Peace Out.

Martha
28th January 2007 06:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Led Zeppelin will not return ever. That's for sure, thay have told this a lot of times... well the first time I saw The Who was in 1982 during the so-called Farewell Tour and they are touring at the moment but I'm sure Led Zeppeling was serious when they said it's over
28th January 2007 06:47 PM
Bingo I'm not sure if this is legit, not the best source for reliable info.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,...2471692,00.html
28th January 2007 06:51 PM
Gazza LOL...

LEGENDARY rockers Led Zeppelin are set to re-group after 22 years for a money-spinning stadium tour of America.

The three surviving members — singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones — plan to hit the road next summer.

The trio hope to pocket £6.4million for the shows.

Think whoever has plucked THAT figure out of the air can be accused of slightly underestimating the potential appeal of such a tour. They could add another zero to that total at least.

Cant see it happening, though, in any case.
[Edited by Gazza]
28th January 2007 07:59 PM
BabiKeef It whould be coll but it won't happen.
28th January 2007 08:34 PM
Jakeb206 HaHaHaHa!

I couldn't even dream of something like that!

But, O God!
29th January 2007 01:21 AM
pdog Jones would never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever,never, ever, never, ever DO IT!!!!
29th January 2007 07:01 AM
Factory Girl I too love Pagey. Thankfully, I've seen him 3 times-twice with Plant and once with the Black Crowes.

Pagey should tour in 2007
29th January 2007 07:23 AM
corgi37 What a joke. Why not a double bill with Pink Floyd?

Why not get Wolfgang Van Halen on bass?

29th January 2007 08:03 AM
Bitch If they tour I will go see them, I love Zep, they rock!
29th January 2007 11:59 AM
edithgrove I belong to one of those online survey programs that reimburses me with Delta Skymiles.
I recently recieved a survey asking me about my musical tastes, concert attendance, etc.
Several of the questions on this survey asked me to rate different bands and asked whether I would go to see them in concert.
What I found unusual about this survey was that all bands that were mentioned are currently or have recently toured with the exception of one: Led Zeppelin.
29th January 2007 12:23 PM
Riffhard I could care less if Zep got it together. They are the most overrated band in history. Page while a genius in the studio,could rarely bring it live. Saw him with The Firm. He sucked. Saw him with Plant sevral times. He was only marginally better. Saw him with the Black Crowes a couple of times and was thoroughly unimpressed. Plant's voice has never done it for me,and it's only gotten worse. That the most talented musician of the group,John Paul Jones,was never approached by either of them to tour was the last straw.

Don't get me wrong. When I was in high school and smoking loads of cheap Columbian Gold out of my elephant head bong while grooving to Zepplin 3 and being hypnotized by my black light poster of them they were great,but I have since grown up.

Riffy
29th January 2007 12:58 PM
Jumping Jack As a grown up what do you smoke out of your elephant head bong?
29th January 2007 01:22 PM
Spru Thanks for clearing this up everybody. As always, the Rocks Off members are on top of everything.
29th January 2007 01:27 PM
mojoman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
As a grown up what do you smoke out of your elephant head bong?

LOL!!!
29th January 2007 04:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I'd bet they'd make a mint.
29th January 2007 07:28 PM
gotdablouse Talking of which, anyone know why JPJ was so baddly snubbed by the other tow in the 90s ?
30th January 2007 12:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man I read in a music magazine that Jimmy Page plans to release a solo album this year. He also stated that there will be more releases from the vaults of Led Zeppelin.
30th January 2007 01:13 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I read in a music magazine that Jimmy Page plans to release a solo album this year. He also stated that there will be more releases from the vaults of Led Zeppelin.

Is Pagey going to folllow-up with a tour?
30th January 2007 01:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Is Pagey going to folllow-up with a tour?

I don't know, but I definitely remember reading that he'll be releasing an album this year. I'd love to see him live. He's been a favourite for a long time
30th January 2007 03:25 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What a joke. Why not a double bill with Pink Floyd?

Why not get Wolfgang Van Halen on bass?

That's miracle on ice postin'!
30th January 2007 10:52 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL...

LEGENDARY rockers Led Zeppelin are set to re-group after 22 years for a money-spinning stadium tour of America.

The three surviving members — singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones — plan to hit the road next summer.

The trio hope to pocket £6.4million for the shows.

Think whoever has plucked THAT figure out of the air can be accused of slightly underestimating the potential appeal of such a tour. They could add another zero to that total at least.

Cant see it happening, though, in any case.
[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza,what do you think would be a bigger grossing tour. A Zep reunion or a Pink Floyd reunion.(neither of which is likely to happen unfortunately)
31st January 2007 06:50 AM
corgi37 And they would all be smashed by a ABBA reunion, which wont happen, sadly.
31st January 2007 08:01 PM
Homercles Here's what Roger Waters had to say about a Floyd reunion on the 7.30 Report here in Australia last Friday:

"ROGER WATERS: I have to say one of the things about doing Live8 for me is I thought, it is all very well to these espouse all these high ideals about how we should be more cooperative with each other and here I am, you know, and here is a guy I worked with closely for a number of years and I haven't spoken to for 20 years and whatever it was. It was kind of ridiculous. I was really happy to be there.

SCOTT BEVAN: From that moment, what are the chances of you and the other guys of Pink Floyd getting back together for something longer lasting, another tour, another album?

ROGER WATERS: I think another album is a bit of a stretch. However, to play live again together - I'd do it in a heartbeat.

SCOTT BEVAN: So will it happen?

ROGER WATERS: I think you'd have to ask Dave, because I think he's pretty reluctant."

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2007/s1833150.htm
31st January 2007 09:40 PM
guitarman53 Why not? Led Zep. never got together because of the drummer's death, if the Who can do it without one of the best drummers (K. Moon) & Bass player's Death's (John Entwhistle) why not? if the Police can get together for pure money profit, I'd rather listen to Led Zeppelin, then that lame crew.
31st January 2007 09:43 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
I'd rather listen to Led Zeppelin, then that lame crew.

Cheers to that.

Now the Beatles...

I'm trying to search Keiths thoughts on the Beatles on which if he'd be playing music if the Beatles never happend.

To be continued...
1st February 2007 05:37 AM
corgi37 Fuck the Godamn, motherfuckin' Beatles! Who cares? Thats a soufle that never rose again. Christ, if i never hear their name on this board again, it will be too soon. Lame ass pop band, alas, remembered because as far as self contained pop band go, they were the first. Wish it was the Animals. Wish it was Freddie and the Dreamers. Wish it was Bert Kunt and his Hawaiian hay seeds who went on Ed Sullivan. Fuck 'em! Two down, two to go!

Roger is doing a show in Melbourne tonight. My mate saw him in Sydney the other night and said it was incredible. Sound was surround & amazing and band never dropped a note. Arena show with amazing FX. Precision he said. Exact. Skillful. Snowy was great. The other "hired help" impersonating Gilmour real well. Not a fluff in sight. No slips. Nothing. A-1.

Which is exactly why i never dug Floyd.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)