ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Getty Images, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rediscovering A Bigger Bang Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 30th, 2006 03:17 PM
Saint Sway Ronnie, Keith and Charlie's guest spots on "A Bigger Bang" solidify it as one of Mick's best solo albums.

It even almost sounds like a Stones album on a few tracks.
January 30th, 2006 06:42 PM
Soldatti Every Stones album since GHS is basically a Mick album, except maybe Dirty Work.
January 30th, 2006 07:30 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Every Stones album since GHS is basically a Mick album, except maybe Dirty Work.

Whoa! Hear that Ian Billen, the Good and Neocon? Not even I would go that far
January 30th, 2006 07:31 PM
texile
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Every Stones album since GHS is basically a Mick album, except maybe Dirty Work.

sad but true -
i LOVE jagger's sole imprint on GHS, IORR, B&B, SG, TY...
so the age-old argument about it being a keith OR mick record means nothing to me -
but he lost his passion somewhere along the line.
January 30th, 2006 07:53 PM
pdog As time goes by, I like some songs alot more and a few alot less on ABB...
January 30th, 2006 07:56 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I think that it's excellent, I like it more now than 1-2 months ago. Driving Too Fast is the best song on the CD, IMO.

quite perceptive...me too

Cazart!!!

January 30th, 2006 09:12 PM
the good
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Soldatti, this is an outrage that not even Mel Belli can tolerate. I demand an immediate retraction...
[Edited by the good]
January 30th, 2006 10:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
the good wrote:

Soldatti, this is an outrage that not even Mell Belli can tolerate. I demand an immediate retraction...

I mean, the main creative force for all the albums since GHS was Mick. Keith is there of course and he wrote great songs since Exile, but if you hear the big part of the material it's pretty clear that Mick was the main influence and the guy with the big ideas. Dirty Work was an exception.
January 30th, 2006 11:01 PM
the good
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I mean, the main creative force for all the albums since GHS was Mick. Keith is there of course and he wrote great songs since Exile, but if you hear the big part of the material it's pretty clear that Mick was the main influence and the guy with the big ideas. Dirty Work was an exception.

Oh my God...
[Edited by the good]
January 31st, 2006 06:29 AM
speedfreakjive Seems like people are coming round to my trium prognosis that the best songs on ABB are SSMC, DB & DTF.

Vanity aside, on further reflection I'm with Jumac. The production is poor on some or most of the record. Keith doesn't seem to have been arsed.

I don't agree with Soldatti though, whats the reasoning? GHS has lots of Keith (guitar riffs on MrD, Starfucker, Doo x 5, Coming Down Again.) and pretty much all the records I've heard from the 80's. Maybe B2B is more Mick, but I don't think VL is, IMO.
January 31st, 2006 12:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot I thought that I rediscovered ABB this morning.

But then I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and discovered that it was just a turd that didn't flush all the way down.
January 31st, 2006 01:15 PM
Ihavelotsajam Let Me Down Slow is the best song, but people seem to have some sort of near-sighted, "MICK FILLER" flash go off every time they hear about that song. Too bad.

ABB's got a few songs that are crap-- the 2 extra ones should have taken the place of some of the more ridiculous tunes, and Neo Con sucks. Apart from that, it's way better than both Voodoo and Babylon, both of which are bloated, for lack of a better word.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)