ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB - Underrated or Overrated? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd January 2008 11:16 AM
Sir Stonesalot Is ABB over-rated or under-rated?

I don't believe that ABB is even worth bothering to rate. In fact, I try not to think about ABB at all, ever, for any reason.

How come everyone is always sayin' "Best Stones album since Tattoo You."? The proper way to say it is "Worst Stones album since Emotional Rescue."!
22nd January 2008 11:18 AM
gypsy I thought you quit posting?
22nd January 2008 11:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot Kinda, yeah.

I only post when it's really really boring at work.

Like now.
22nd January 2008 05:15 PM
StonesChick
quote:
glencar wrote:
Better'n that Voodoo lounge junk but not quite up to Emo Rescue vintage. Takes time, I say.

My sentiments also.
I think a lot, or most, of their albums have taken time for people to appreciate, and ABB is no different.

I love Voodoo Lounge, though, but just not as much as ER.

[Edited by StonesChick]
22nd January 2008 05:19 PM
Some Guy The He Man Emotional Rescue Lovers Appreciation Society frowns upon this thread.
22nd January 2008 08:56 PM
Bitch
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

LACK OF VARIETY??
EVERY STYLE OF MUSIC IS ON THIS DIDC
HARD ROCK,SOFT ROCK,COUNTRY,BALLADS,BLUES AND DANCE, ALL INCLUDED, FOR BETTER OR WORSE.

Hell yes I agree, it's got the blues with Back of My Hand which I LOVE. It's got the finest ballad, Laugh I nearly Died, and the first time I heard it, MICK's vocals were so sweet I almost cried! And Oh No Not You Again is fvcking funny and it rocks! Rain Fall Down is clean and the CD single has a dance version which is great! Those are my 4 faves on ABB and I absolutely LOVE these songs!
22nd January 2008 09:00 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

My sentiments also.
I think a lot, or most, of their albums have taken time for people to appreciate, and ABB is no different.

I love Voodoo Lounge, though, but just not as much as ER.

[Edited by StonesChick]

Great post! My little chickadee....

Photobucket
22nd January 2008 09:46 PM
glencar Women got more sense on this thread! Bitch & Stoneschick know de score!
22nd January 2008 09:46 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Is ABB over-rated or under-rated?

I don't believe that ABB is even worth bothering to rate. In fact, I try not to think about ABB at all, ever, for any reason.

How come everyone is always sayin' "Best Stones album since Tattoo You."? The proper way to say it is "Worst Stones album since Emotional Rescue."!

All who knowingly associated with this charade called a bigger bang. Should without remonstrance embrace Abaddon.
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
23rd January 2008 10:47 AM
StonesChick
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Great post! My little chickadee....

Photobucket

...uhm...thanks
lol
23rd January 2008 10:51 AM
StonesChick
quote:
glencar wrote:
Women got more sense on this thread! Bitch & Stoneschick know de score!

Yes, just ask us, we know everything lol

To Bitch's post I would add Biggest Mistake...that is such a classic tune..and...SOL.

Before you all jump down my throat, I saw SOL live, and it was mesmerizing (Mick in particular, it's all Mick).
23rd January 2008 10:59 AM
glencar Good post again. Yes, when SOL was seen live, people liked it. Mick's mini-falsetto was enchanting. It is interesting to see the same dweebs who swore off this album years ago still "dissing" it.
23rd January 2008 11:12 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would say that it was unrated! Seemed to just dissapear off the radar days after its release.

Personally, I enjoy ABB less every time I listen to it.

23rd January 2008 02:05 PM
StonesChick
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good post again. Yes, when SOL was seen live, people liked it. Mick's mini-falsetto was enchanting. It is interesting to see the same dweebs who swore off this album years ago still "dissing" it.

I agree. The song really works well live.
They should've played more ABB and SOL at all the shows. SOL, Back of My Hand, Rain Fall Down, were the highlights of the shows I saw.
23rd January 2008 02:05 PM
StonesChick
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good post again. Yes, when SOL was seen live, people liked it. Mick's mini-falsetto was enchanting. It is interesting to see the same dweebs who swore off this album years ago still "dissing" it.

I agree. The song really works well live.
They should've played more ABB and SOL at all the shows. SOL, Back of My Hand, Rain Fall Down, were the highlights of the shows I saw.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)